Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OMR View Post
    I thought Pandemic is a nominal tip at Randwick today and had $50 on it, the damn nag weakened and ran nowhere, which is exactly what’s going to happen to this virus within a couple of weeks , all will be back to normal.
    I think you mean a topical tip.

Pandemic is one paced in the soft ground. Needs a good track, plenty of speed up front and a soft run along the fence. I hate backing horses that need so many things to go its way to win!

Couple of weeks before all will be back to normal? Love your optimism....hope you're right!!

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

I think you mean a topical tip.

Pandemic is one paced in the soft ground. Needs a good track, plenty of speed up front and a soft run along the fence. I hate backing horses that need so many things to go its way to win!

Couple of weeks before all will be back to normal? Love your optimism....hope you're right!!
      Danon Premium, a moral in the Queen Elizabeth coming up....the Japs are too good for ours and this horse has better form than Lyx Gracieux did when it came out here

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...15/Corona.html

Pandemic...96,000 Australians could die.
        Mild pandemic...21,000 Australians could die.

21,000 - 96,000 Australians die from the flu every year?
        Where did this figure come from?

I understood that over 217,000 Australians were diagnosed with influenza last year.

Many would not have been diagnosed and many would have not displayed significant symptoms.

430 of them died, however this did not account for those dying from post flu associated complications.

There are groups in our society that are high risk groups and they need to work with their GPs to reduce the risks.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
          I got my 48 rolls today. I'm safe for a while
          What outback town did you travel to to find toilet paper

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

People with diabetes are 5 times more likely to die from Coronavirus than average.

Many many people in Australia have diabetes.
            The lady who sits on the lounge has diabetes.
            She's also 70+, another high risk of death group.
            Not sure where the 5 times stat came from but yes having diabetes increases you risk

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

Would that not be the same risk with the flu virus for older people and people with diabetes, what about old people with diabetes such as the lady in the lounge are they higher risk that 69 year old with diabetes ,
              yes that is my understanding

Comment

Not a square to spare.

Constipation anyone? May be the solution to ride out this panpanic.

Comment

Originally posted by Frozen Chook View Post

What outback town did you travel to to find toilet paper
                  A couple queuing up at the Post Office in Chatswood. They were planning on mailing some of bags over to China. I asked to buy 2 off them for double the price. They happily agreed to the deal

Comment

There is a shit load of toilet paper at Woolworths in Double Bay.

Comment

Not sure about anyone else but all this crap is given me the sh*ts

Comment

No surprise there. The better educated Double Bayans are, presumably , far less taken in by commercial media. It's a class thing - oops, forgot, we're all more or less equal in 'Straya aren't we?

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post
                          I have just been given some bad news , Apparently I have caught the dreaded VB Virus distant relative of the corona virus but main symptom's include unsteadiness on your feet , sore elbow , headaches and constant nagging in the ear from the missus . But in all seriousness all be careful and I'm of to the pub
                          True this;
                          I first heard about "Corona virus" on a radio news bulletin. Think I was driving at the time... and when I heard "Corona virus" I thought there was something wrong with the beer. I didn't take much more notice as I don't drink beer.

Comment

Or perhaps something wrong with those old Toyota Coronas still driving around!
                            MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                            is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                            with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                            much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

How many of you are wearing face masks in the office or on public transport? I'm sitting in my office wearing one right now and every other person is also wearing a mask. I think there are going to be massive disruptions to the season including possible travel bans and perhaps even teams playing in front of empty stadiums. That is par for the course for the NRL though so maybe nobody will care.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post
                                How many of you are wearing face masks in the office or on public transport? I'm sitting in my office wearing one right now and every other person is also wearing a mask. I think there are going to be massive disruptions to the season including possible travel bans and perhaps even teams playing in front of empty stadiums. That is par for the course for the NRL though so maybe nobody will care.
                                I think wearing a mask is a bit like using an umbrella as a parachute.

Main effect is to stop you touching your face which is mostly how germs spread.

Comment

Working...
                                X