Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mad_Rabid_Rooster
    replied
    The QLD move is an option, but the news tonight mentioned possibly relocating the three QLD teams to NSW. Let's see what happens, but I am confident that the NRL is on it, and ready to act quickly and decisively, which is good for once.

Leave a comment:

• BUDDY
    replied
    Originally posted by Sweathog_18_19_20

Corona just won't go away. After the Race Protest/Riots a second wave seemed inevitable. Stupid goddamn people.
    I think it was more the security guard fiasco. All this from one little uncontrollable c0ck ffs.

Leave a comment:

• BUDDY
    replied
    PVL has called off tomorrow's racing meeting at Warwick Farm due to COVID around the Liverpool area.

Parra, Penrith and Tigers are located in vulnerable areas.

A matter of time it seems.

Leave a comment:

• Serenader
    replied
    I’m sure a Lord V’Landys will be all over the topic with a few “what if” scenarios. I’m quite confident the footy will power on.

Leave a comment:

• zac
    replied
    I think most people became bored of talking about this damn virus a few months ago. I know I certainly did. Sadly it seems we are really battling this thing again. V'landys and his team have done a great job restarting the season and keeping it going. I really hope this new wave does not stop the footy.
    good point.
    if you look at soccer which hasn't started its season yet the nrl has given it its best shot. also they did well to get the storm out of vic early.
    the virus is as contagious as ever. the season is hanging in the balance. hope everyone does the right thing.
    even if you think it's a flu and it's all an over reaction the govt doesn't think so. if they're advised to call the comp off they will.
    with only 10 weeks plus semis after this weekend having everyone play in a bubble somewhere becomes less difficult. hope it doesn't come to that but it's an option

Leave a comment:

• Jacks Fur Coat
    replied
    I think most people became bored of talking about this damn virus a few months ago. I know I certainly did. Sadly it seems we are really battling this thing again. V'landys and his team have done a great job restarting the season and keeping it going. I really hope this new wave does not stop the footy.
    Should never have stopped the footy. She'll be right mate!

Its not as if we are in China ....we can lock our borders.

Leave a comment:

• mattyh
    replied
    Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post

run a chookpen NRL season tipping comp, with
    the membership fee buying you into a tipping comp . Give a fraction of membership fees to the winners at end of season and the rest goes to running costs of the pen...

I like it

Leave a comment:

• Rooster1908
    replied
    Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

We have a winner, great idea !!
    But old man roosters said he was loaded lol

Leave a comment:

• Easts75
    replied

the membership fee buying you into a tipping comp . Give a fraction of membership fees to the winners at end of season and the rest goes to running costs of the pen...

We have a winner, great idea !!

Leave a comment:

• Bondicigar
    replied
    Originally posted by zac View Post
    when cab drivers were doing it tough they'd go through toll gates without paying the toll so that they'd have a bit more to spend putting food on the table (or backing a long shot at the TAB). When the toll collecting companies started to charge for toll reminders compliance got close to 100%.

that said, is blokes with multiple accounts a big problem? if they break the rules they get banned and we move on.

i like that roosters supporters can come here and support the club without having to pay if they can't afford it. but maybe a compulsory $10 membership might be okay.

Leave a comment:

• zac
    replied
    when cab drivers were doing it tough they'd go through toll gates without paying the toll so that they'd have a bit more to spend putting food on the table (or backing a long shot at the TAB). When the toll collecting companies started to charge for toll reminders compliance got close to 100%.

that said, is blokes with multiple accounts a big problem? if they break the rules they get banned and we move on.

i like that roosters supporters can come here and support the club without having to pay if they can't afford it. but maybe a compulsory $10 membership might be okay.

Leave a comment:

• Rooster1908
    replied
    As the covid 19 destroys our economy with markets tumbling , petrol in the negative 50 usd range and everyone feeling the pinch. The chookpen has also been taking a hit, with the content quality in free fall for some time. I think the annual subscription should be slashed by say 75% and make it mandatory to join.
    If people want to play silly little fake multiple membership games make them pay. It will shake out the serial pests at least. Any long term members who can't afford it, give them a free membership.
    That's the problem with email spam, it's free to send. Charge 20 cents and it starts getting expensive spamming thousands of people.

Ps I know i can toss up some bs too but I am who I say I am at least. Well not really I'm not a floating turd.
    I actually agree with this even no I am not a financial member,.personally wouldnt be able to justify throwing $100 at continuing to be on here but for those who can I would think it would make for a much better experience

Leave a comment:

• Bondicigar
    replied
    Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Please explain exactly what you mean.

You have to pay for the right to be a wanker

Leave a comment:

• bondi.boy
    replied
    If people want to play silly little fake multiple membership games make them pay. It will shake out the serial pests at least.
    Please explain exactly what you mean.

Leave a comment:

• Bondicigar
    replied
    As the covid 19 destroys our economy with markets tumbling , petrol in the negative 50 usd range and everyone feeling the pinch. The chookpen has also been taking a hit, with the content quality in free fall for some time. I think the annual subscription should be slashed by say 75% and make it mandatory to join.
    If people want to play silly little fake multiple membership games make them pay. It will shake out the serial pests at least. Any long term members who can't afford it, give them a free membership.
    That's the problem with email spam, it's free to send. Charge 20 cents and it starts getting expensive spamming thousands of people.

Ps I know i can toss up some bs too but I am who I say I am at least. Well not really I'm not a floating turd.
    Last edited by Bondicigar; 05-16-2020, 05:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X