Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
    https://www.sen.com.au/news/2020/03/...ping-flu-like/

But that advice could become far more serious after a Fremantle player was yesterday sent for tests amid concerns he might have been exposed to COVID-19.

“The player reported to club medical staff today that he was suffering flu-like symptoms and, as a precautionary measure and despite the fact that the friend had reported no flu-like symptoms, the player was immediately sent for testing and isolated,” the Fremantle statement read.

“The test results are expected to take 24-48 hours.”

It comes after leading sports medico Dr Peter Larkins said a single positive diagnosis by an AFL player for coronavirus could be enough to derail the season given teammates and staff would also need to be quarantined for the mandated 14 days.

“If one single AFL player contracts COVID-19 infection the entire 2020 season will be compromised,” Larkins tweeted.

#####

Well there you go.

That's just it , flu like symptoms , its just another bloody flu , world has gone mad , 3800 deaths in 2 odd months , really that's hardly a bloody plague . Shutting down cities , stock market in a nosedive , airlines going broke , world heading into a recession . American has 3000 gun deaths a month and the worlds worried about 3800 death's worldwide in 2 to 3 months .And woman are fighting in stores over toilet paper , a man was tasered for abusing staff over toilet paper . People need to get a grip .

Comment

• I am far more worried about the sheer stupidity of people than any virus.

A much bigger threat to our way of life.

Comment

• https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/roo...09-p548cz.html

The club is starting to take precautions. Events are being cancelled all over the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post
          How many of you are wearing face masks in the office or on public transport? I'm sitting in my office wearing one right now and every other person is also wearing a mask. I think there are going to be massive disruptions to the season including possible travel bans and perhaps even teams playing in front of empty stadiums. That is par for the course for the NRL though so maybe nobody will care.
          I must admit I don't own a face mask so am certainly not wearing one. Only 1 person that I know of is wearing one in our office, and it could be because she is Chinese and travels there on a regular basis, or usually anyway ... like most firms, we now have travel bans in place to most countries.

The firm did offer masks if people wanted them a couple of weeks ago, either in the office or public transport. I didn't take up the offer, as I'm not sure how effective they'd actually be.

I just want to be able to buy loo paper and handi towel, without having to queue when the store opens
          Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

• Can someone tell me what's with the panic about the toilet paper. There are other ways to clean up if you use your imagination . I couldn't buy none yesterday so I brought 10 packets of tally ho papers, doesn't leave much room for error though.

Comment

• I just want to get my hands on a face mask before Round 3.

Comment

• The face masks are to wipe ya bum with aren’t they since there is no toilet paper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                  The face masks are to wipe ya bum with aren’t they since there is no toilet paper.
                  Yes...however health authorities recommend single use only.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                    I just want to get my hands on a face mask before Round 3.
                    They sell them at Raptures swingers club in the city. They won't protect from VD's so probably useless againt corona virus too

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                      The face masks are to wipe ya bum with aren’t they since there is no toilet paper.
                      Give the used one to ya mates..
                      That's taking cup caking to the next level

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                        I am far more worried about the sheer stupidity of people than any virus.

A much bigger threat to our way of life.
                        Stupidity has and always will be the biggest killer. It’s also stupid not to take this issue very very seriously.

FVCK CANCER

Comment

• Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Stupidity has and always will be the biggest killer. It’s also stupid not to take this issue very very seriously.

I for one am taking it extremely seriously , its seriously fu*king ridiculous

Comment

• Originally posted by novice chook View Post

I must admit I don't own a face mask so am certainly not wearing one. Only 1 person that I know of is wearing one in our office, and it could be because she is Chinese and travels there on a regular basis, or usually anyway ... like most firms, we now have travel bans in place to most countries.

The firm did offer masks if people wanted them a couple of weeks ago, either in the office or public transport. I didn't take up the offer, as I'm not sure how effective they'd actually be.

I just want to be able to buy loo paper and handi towel, without having to queue when the store opens
                            In my opinion Asian societies have largely gotten used to wearing a face mask when sick. After SARS wearing masks and frequently washing hands became a common practice. As an Aussie I found it so weird at first but eventually I started wearing a mask when I was sick. At first it was just to be polite and then I started to like the logic behind it. Sometimes I will even put one on if others around me are sick. Do they work? I don't think they are foolproof but they really do seem to help. If they are no good why do doctors wear them? I think its just a matter of better safe than sorry and maybe being a little bit too careful.

I'm about a month ahead of this situation compared to you all and that is likely why my perspective is a bit different. I agree that panic is the biggest problem and the disruptions and chaos that the panic will cause. Expect toilet paper to be fully stocked again in about 2 weeks or less. There is no toilet paper shortage, just idiots hoarding it. I expect once the Olympics or some other large scale events are cancelled, then people in Australia will start to see and feel the full impact. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

I for one am taking it extremely seriously , its seriously fu*king ridiculous
                              Tell that to the people in Wuhan and Italy. Australia just hit 100 cases.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post

Tell that to the people in Wuhan and Italy. Australia just hit 100 cases.
                                Again in my opinion its just a bad flu virus , going by how many its killed it the time that it has been around its very few , That's not to say that there , yours or anyone else's lives aren't precious because they are , but people die of flu virus every year and that's what this is , a bad one but just a flu virus ,. Its not a plague or anything like it but this is media driven , they always try to make things look worse than they are and then government and those in charge are forced to react for fear of being booted out . As reported 3800 deaths worldwide in 2 to 3 months is not a huge amount . Sorry just my thoughts .

Comment

Working...
                                X