Tetevano Hit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
    So if the Chooks fight it what are they looking at fighting?
    The grade or the whole thing?
    As it stands he is out for 3 weeks so that would mean he could play in the GF if they make it. A 4 or 5 week suspension will see his season over. Karma.

I see your point. The only case the roosters have to make, al be it a strong case, is that both Ben Cummins and the match review committee are off their ****en heads and there was nothing illegal about the tackle.

But the NRL are not going to want to hear that.

He's gone for the year and I expect this, and Cummins' and his mates' whole performance yesterday, are only an entree for the shafting we will cop from the NRL this finals series. Clearly our finishing 2nd has mightily pissed them off.

Comment

No way that is a grade 3 based on the charges this year, even if the shoulder has struck the head a downgrade should apply. It is not a severe one compared to the Papalli or the Soliaola one.

There is absolutely no malice nor wanton recklessness in it at all. At worst it would be careless.
      Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
      What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post
        Lol here we go. The whole world's against easts! We somehow manage to come second even though the whole NRL is one big conspiracy designed to ensure that easts can't succeed!

even though somehow we do succeed pretty well most of the time.

Have we even had a player suspended this year before now?
        Not trying to change your mind champ, you are entitled to your opinion and to bag and mock anyone who disagrees with you. Fire up bro.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post
          Lol here we go. The whole world's against easts! We somehow manage to come second even though the whole NRL is one big conspiracy designed to ensure that easts can't succeed!

even though somehow we do succeed pretty well most of the time.

Have we even had a player suspended this year before now?
          Not saying conspiracy against us at all .. just that it was a good hard hit and that it wasn't illegal . Its like you get off on criticising anyone sticking up for our side fair dinkum

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Not trying to change your mind champ, you are entitled to your opinion and to bag and mock anyone who disagrees with you. Fire up bro.
            Yes don't try to change my mind that won't work.

All I can say to you is go and check out the fan websites of every other NRL team and you will find crackpots on every single on of them who think the NRL is conspiring against their side. And you will laugh at them. And call them crackpots.

Comment

Originally posted by Crab View Post

Not saying conspiracy against us at all .. just that it was a good hard hit and that it wasn't illegal . Its like you get off on criticising anyone sticking up for our side fair dinkum
              No you may not be saying conspiracy. But others certainly are. I just find it laughable.

Comment

I just had another look at it and I'm even more convinced now that it was nothing more than a great shot. Unfortunately the Tits player got hurt and that's why it will be an issue.
                FVCK CANCER

Comment

I was at the game in the members and the hit was directly in line of my seat - what I found exciting was the fact that the hit was well on by at least 6- 8 metres before he hit him and I sensed it was going to be spectacular however I don't like seeing players seriously hurt. Cummins tried so hard to ruin our afternoon. I hope he comes unstuck one day via a major controversy investigative finding whether as a ref or retired ref what ever game/ games or bias towards a club/clubs. Something is just not right and it's increased over the years since the increase in TV deals - Sportsbet and especially during the tenure of ex NRL boss David Smith who seems to have disappeared into the corporate ether. Anyone know where Smith is ?
                  Last edited by bondi paul; 09-03-2017, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
                    I was at the game in the members and the hit was directly in line of my seat - what I found exciting was the fact that the hit was well on by at least 6- 8 metres before he hit him and I sensed it was going to be spectacular however I don't like seeing players seriously hurt. Cummins tried so hard to ruin our afternoon. I hope he comes unstuck one day via a major controversy investigative finding whether as a ref or retired ref what ever game/ games or bias towards a clubSomething is just not right
                    Then why didnt he send him off?

Comment

Surely we can fight to get the charge downgraded?

if we don't fight it and the charge is 3 games. The only chance of Tetevano playing would be if we lose to Brisbane and the GF becomes the fourth game then he can play.

Fark that , we need the charge downgraded to at least 2 matches.

cant they show a similar hits or worse that have not attracted such a penalty. I.e the Pearce hit in origin
                      Last edited by PeeGee; 09-03-2017, 06:37 PM.
                      Roosters For Ever

Comment

Came in late and haven't read all of the previous 84 posts.
                        For me it depends on what injuries the player suffered. Are they from whiplash or a direct hit to the head? If the former then Tets has no case to answer, surely. If the latter, then he should be up for something (although grade 3 seems a bit severe).
                        The NRL are partly concerned with crisis management. It's not a good look for the game for a player to be stretchered off and the defender to suffer no consequences. Hopefully we fight it and put the tackle under forensic scrutiny.

Comment

because he knew it wasn't a send off offfence and by putting him on report would still have a long term effect on us in the finals.

FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                            Came in late and haven't read all of the previous 84 posts.
                            For me it depends on what injuries the player suffered. Are they from whiplash or a direct hit to the head? If the former then Tets has no case to answer, surely. If the latter, then he should be up for something (although grade 3 seems a bit severe).
                            The NRL are partly concerned with crisis management. It's not a good look for the game for a player to be stretchered off and the defender to suffer no consequences. Hopefully we fight it and put the tackle under forensic scrutiny.
                            And that's the problem. You can't penalize the injury. Only the play and that surely looked like a great play to many of us.
                            Last edited by rented tracksuit; 09-03-2017, 09:33 PM.
                            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Disgraceful charge
                              Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

They couldn't beat the Roosters yesterday, with the NRL owned team and the referees so they'll f*ck us up the arse some other way.
                                SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

Working...
                                X