Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally something positive to come from this:
    NRLW in limbo after Roosters withdraw from elite women's competition (Source SMH).

Comment

• I reckon you would like that Thirteen , Must say I agree

Comment

• Cost the Roosters $500,000 per season to run the women's team...reportedly.
        When the dust settles, some things will no longer be affordable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post

Did you get a second opinion?
          Were saying something about....to be sure, to be sure..

Think it may have been St Pats day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
            Finally something positive to come from this:
            NRLW in limbo after Roosters withdraw from elite women's competition (Source SMH).
            Haha...I knew you would be happy when I heard this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Haha...I knew you would be happy when I heard this.
              I have no problem with women’s sport. Love their aggression in the netball internationals when we play NZ. Have attended women’s big bash. Worked for many years at women’s tennis. But women bashing each other in a physically violent way just doesn’t do it for me. And the fact that they get excellent and more coverage than men who play in lower grades is not right. If their skill was up there with the men’s than by all means I’d support the game, but quite simply the standard is absolute rubbish. Rugby League is not for women.

Comment

• My first boss in the workforce, said to me, on my first day;

"Look after yourself first in this world, son...because nobody else will".

Do we in Australia look after ourselves first?
                Answer; NO.
                Try and buy a farm/land, industry in China and see how you get on.
                Our country is being sold off to foreign nationals at express pace, one farm, one company, one house, one industry at a time.
                Our politicians don't seem to know the difference between 'investment' and 'ownership'.
                We're slow on the uptake, 3/4 asleep, apathetic.
                Who are the mugs?
                It isn't [or at least hasn't been] illegal to strip supermarket shelves and send the items overseas.
                So whose fault is it that it's happening/has happened?
                "Fool me once, shame on you.
                Fool me twice, shame on me."

Now THIS!

Our frontline medical professionals don't have enough masks to save their lives. Doctor was on tv last night 'begging'.
                We 'average Joes' don't have enough masks either.
                No hand sanitisers, no toilet paper, no anything much.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/austra...&OCID=AVRES000

On Sunday night, Treasurer Josh Frydenberg moved to reduce the threshold of scrutiny for a foreign takeover of an Australian company from $1.2 billion to zero, to help prevent Australian firms in distress from being subject of predatory takeover. The new rules apply to all overseas buyers but came after revelations about Chinese companies snapping up Australian medical supplies.

Last edited by bondi.boy; 04-01-2020, 06:15 AM.

Comment

I have no problem with women’s sport. Love their aggression in the netball internationals when we play NZ. Have attended women’s big bash. Worked for many years at women’s tennis. But women bashing each other in a physically violent way just doesn’t do it for me. And the fact that they get excellent and more coverage than men who play in lower grades is not right. If their skill was up there with the men’s than by all means I’d support the game, but quite simply the standard is absolute rubbish. Rugby League is not for women.
                  Fair enough. One of the good things about watching Aus v NZ netball is that you know you are watching the best netball on the planet. A lot of girls play soccer and tennis, so there's a case for those to be professional sports and they bring sponsors. Rugby League? Time will tell.

I think the coverage they got (at the same venues as the men's semis, meaning that TV's cost of coverage were minimal as the cameras were already there) was fair enough as a way to make league more attractive to girls to play, so as to grow the game. If they were going to have an NRLW they needed to publicise it in the early days. Although the backlash that created suggests it might have been better if they'd gone with stand alone games at venues like North Sydney and Leichhardt with a gold coin entry, creating crowds and interest and more of a feel of an organic grass roots development of the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by ism22 View Post

That was a myth. The cops investigated based on a social media report. Turned out to be false...
                    Not a myth mate , fact . On seven news just now and it was Greenland . As well as other smuggled face masks and sanitizers bound for you guessed it , China . Organised crime syndicates responsible . ****ing arseholes !

Comment

• 37 cases here yesterday. Things are getting scarier now. Australia is worse though unfortunately.

Comment

• Man fined $1000 for sitting on a park bench alone eating a kebab. Top Cop; "If we let one person do it then soon there'll be hundreds doing it and we'll be back where we started".

Couple driving in a car in Muswellbrook fined $1000 for being outside without a good enough reason.
                        Last edited by bondi.boy; 04-03-2020, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Man caught after crashing his car , excuse was he was going to see his drug dealer , We gave him $750 extra and doubled his dole

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post
                            37 cases here yesterday. Things are getting scarier now. Australia is worse though unfortunately.
                            Welcome back.

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                              Man fined $1000 for sitting on a park bench alone eating a kebab.

Couple driving in a car in Muswellbrook fined $1000 for being outside without a good enough reason.
                              Kebab man was asked several times to move on. He wouldn’t.

Muswellbrook people should have lied. Idiots!

Comment

Kebab man was asked several times to move on. He wouldn’t.

Muswellbrook people should have lied. Idiots!
                                Lying to the police is a very bad thing to do, one can gat into big trouble for doing it. Also dishonest.
                                My father always told me..."There are no degrees of honesty".
                                Doesn't stop people shown on 'RBT' and "Highway Patrol" doing it though.
                                "Have you had anything to drink today, driver"?
                                "Yes, two beers"...and they blow mid range and high range on the breathalyser. and fail the drug tests.
                                Last edited by bondi.boy; 04-03-2020, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X