X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bondi.boy
    replied
    Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

Hi BB. I hope you are Mrs BB are well today. I just wanted to let you know that Woolies have reopened all their delivery windows and have lifted a lot of restrictions now on product availability. There are lot of specials this week too. I know you said you no longer live in Sydney but I though I would let you know anyway in case. Yes I get quite perplexed with supermarket labelling too. I was lucky growing up in country Qld as my family had a fruit & vege shop and we never had anything much that wasn't Aussie grown.
    I don't know any words to Bohemian Rhapsody.

Got a delivery from WW the other day, including toilet paper and facial tissues. Thanks for your kind wishes and info.

They omitted 2 items, lucky I was playing accountant and ticking them all off the list.
    I rang, the computer voice lady took a refund request, it was approved and the money credited to my account.
    All good.

Leave a comment:

• redwhiteblue
    replied
    Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
    Coronavirus...hunger pandemic.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/corona...&OCID=AVRES000

UN food agency chief: World on brink of `a hunger pandemic'

UNITED NATIONS (AP) — The head of the U.N. food agency warned Tuesday that, as the world is dealing with the coronavirus pandemic, it is also “on the brink of a hunger pandemic” that could lead to “multiple famines of biblical proportions” within a few months if immediate action isn’t taken.

#####

That should be ok...a link, a heading, and two lines of text. Then my comments as always below the 5 #'s

Famines?
    All the more reason for ScoMo, Prime Minister of Australia with whom the buck stops....to wave his magic wand and make water from the Murray available immediately to the farmers in our $20 billion food bowl...to grow rice and wheat so we don't starve.
    We were importing rice from Vietnam, reportedly, then Vietnam closed down for the Coronavirus pandemic., reportedly.

As a teen child I used to carry a whip around my suburb with me [to 'whip' the bullies away] ….but it was not I last week outside the Chinese consulate in Sydney cracking a whip and shouting out some inappropriate stuff...and then "Wake up Australia! "Wake up Australia"!
    His last words are totally correct.

In our supermarket freezer sections there is a lot of food "made in China", "product of China".
    Also, "made in Australia from 10% Australian ingredients". Where the rest come from.?

Supermarket deli....sliced ham "10% Australian ingredients", where the other 90% come from? Overseas somewhere. Where overseas?..China? It doesn't say.
    Hi BB. I hope you are Mrs BB are well today. I just wanted to let you know that Woolies have reopened all their delivery windows and have lifted a lot of restrictions now on product availability. There are lot of specials this week too. I know you said you no longer live in Sydney but I though I would let you know anyway in case. Yes I get quite perplexed with supermarket labelling too. I was lucky growing up in country Qld as my family had a fruit & vege shop and we never had anything much that wasn't Aussie grown.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks Fur Coat
    replied

On YouTube also are their songs:

"What about me"
    (Vietnam vets)

"No More Holdens"

I'd not heard of them before.
    They have a new fan.
    I know Pauly the charismatic frontman. There's nothing more quintessentially Aussie than a good bush band. I don't listen to Raaaay but know he is a big country music fan.

Leave a comment:

• bondi.boy
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Great song and band BB. Regulars at the Tamworth festival, last caught them on Australia Day.
    On YouTube also are their songs:

"What about me"
    (Vietnam vets)

"No More Holdens"

I'd not heard of them before.
    They have a new fan.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks Fur Coat
    replied
    Coronavirus Anzac Day.

The honour rolls in the eastern suburbs are long.
    No marches this year, events on tv.

Ray played a nice song on the radio the other day in honour of the Day and the veterans.

"Raise Your Glass" by group 'Simply Bushed' ...From several years ago.

Easily accessed on Youtube...song/!video.

Some lyrics:

"An English colonel made that careless call,
    with no regard for human life at all.
    And some took one step, some took two,
    not many walked away.
    The beaches flowed with blood,
    the highest price they paid.

Raise you glass,
    to a hundred years of freedom.
    Raise your glass.................

Lest We Forget.
    Great song and band BB. Regulars at the Tamworth festival, last caught them on Australia Day.

Leave a comment:

• Mickie Lane
    replied
    Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
    I had a nice swim at Maroubra Beach this morning. Being born and bred in Bondi it was my first time swimming there. Happy to report I saw quite a few Roosters hats and not a Rabbit in sight.
    Winning comps will do that.
    Did you go & have a coffee with the Bra Boys after your swim?

Leave a comment:

• bondi.boy
    replied
    Coronavirus Anzac Day.

The honour rolls in the eastern suburbs are long.
    No marches this year, events on tv.

Ray played a nice song on the radio the other day in honour of the Day and the veterans.

"Raise Your Glass" by group 'Simply Bushed' ...From several years ago.

Easily accessed on Youtube...song/!video.

Some lyrics:

"An English colonel made that careless call,
    with no regard for human life at all.
    And some took one step, some took two,
    not many walked away.
    The beaches flowed with blood,
    the highest price they paid.

Raise you glass,
    to a hundred years of freedom.
    Raise your glass.................

Lest We Forget.

Leave a comment:

• Thirteen
    replied
    Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Makes sense. Would you want to be seen in those shyt colours?
    Most of them are so high on meth they aren’t too concerned about their fashion sense.

Leave a comment:

• bondi.boy
    replied

"One of the criticisms I've faced over the years is that I'm not aggressive enough or assertive enough, or maybe somehow, because I'm empathetic, I'm weak. I totally rebel against that. I refuse to believe that you cannot be both compassionate and strong." - Jacinda Ardern
    Jacinda needs to learn that if she buys a ticket to ride the free speech express, and goes blasting politicians of other countries about their policies, woman or not she could well get some blasting right back.

Leave a comment:

• rented tracksuit
    replied

I haven't sighted one Rabbitohs fan since I've been home this past month. Plenty of Roosters hats and T-shirts around too.
    Makes sense. Would you want to be seen in those shyt colours?

Leave a comment:

• redwhiteblue
    replied
    Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
    I had a nice swim at Maroubra Brach this morning. Being born and bred in Bondi it was my first time swimming there. Happy to report I saw quite a few Roosters hats and not a Rabbit in sight.
    I haven't sighted one Rabbitohs fan since I've been home this past month. Plenty of Roosters hats and T-shirts around too.

Leave a comment:

• redwhiteblue
    replied
    Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

She is right more often than wrong. That doesn't give the media much ammunition to attack her. Unless you're T Rex Paul Murray & his cast of Jurassic Park....who are still mourning the loss of Stegasorearse Tony Abbott- they seem to find lots of faults with her.!!
    "One of the criticisms I've faced over the years is that I'm not aggressive enough or assertive enough, or maybe somehow, because I'm empathetic, I'm weak. I totally rebel against that. I refuse to believe that you cannot be both compassionate and strong." - Jacinda Ardern

Leave a comment:

• Thirteen
    replied
    I had a nice swim at Maroubra Beach this morning. Being born and bred in Bondi it was my first time swimming there. Happy to report I saw quite a few Roosters hats and not a Rabbit in sight.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-23-2020, 08:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• redwhiteblue
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
    We seem to be kicking the butt of this virus at the moment in Oz, guys.

Over 70% of cases have fully recovered. We have had 74 deaths when some irresponsible mainstream reporting had at least 150,000 dying. There have been 183,000 deaths worldwide!

Yes any death is tragic and no I don't hate old people.

Not sayIng break out the shampoo just yet, and there may/may not be a second wave but geez we have done well.

I wasn't kidding when I said it's easier to get a ventilator here than a roll of toilet paper. We have about 7,000 now with less than 100 people nationwide using them.

You won't here these angles in the mainstream media.

Well done Australia.
    This song came up on my shuffle whilst I was reading your post Jack. I know you like it..

Leave a comment:

• rented tracksuit
    replied

Which begs the question: "Why aren't we like China"? "Doing what China's does"? "Buying up the world one house, one farm, one company, one industry, one country, at a time?
    We are not a country of 1.4 billion people paying a large percentage of their workforce pittance. Thats why.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X