Bronson Xerri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big and fast but looks unco and doesn’t read the game well
    barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

would take Curtis Scott in a heartbeat

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
      If Lats goes we need a centre next year. We cant rely on Smith playing 26 games. Injuries and we are goone.
      Get a centre = Curtis

Comment

If Lats goes we need a centre next year. We cant rely on Smith playing 26 games. Injuries and we are goone.
        Get a centre = Curtis
        Scott likely to join the faiders apparently.

Comment

Get a centre = Curtis
          I reckon BMoz could cover left centre for us if required.
          Hall (if fit) can then play right wing.
          Not ideal but Maubs can cover centre on a short term basis as well, allowing Angus to start at right second-row.
          We have a few options so I feel that rather than go to market for a centre, we are better off upgrading and keeping JWH, TKO and Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
            Jack Bird would go alright at centre for the Roosters if he is fully fit. If he could return to 2016 form he would be great value at around 350-400k.
            I would prefer they give Billy Smith first shot.
            Great idea-he can cover a few positions too

Comment

Originally posted by Chook089 View Post
              would take Curtis Scott in a heartbeat

I don't get the hype around Scott. He has been in a really successful team since his debut but has looked really ineffective in attack and his defence is nothing to write home about either.

In his past 2 seasons he has played 33 games for 2 try assists, 12 linebreaks and 13 tries.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

I don't get the hype around Scott. He has been in a really successful team since his debut but has looked really ineffective in attack and his defence is nothing to write home about either.

In his past 2 seasons he has played 33 games for 2 try assists, 12 linebreaks and 13 tries.
                I'm with you here.

But disagree with you about Xerri.

Comment

No need

There's plenty of cover within the club...
                  "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Originally posted by Darkone View Post
                    No need

There's plenty of cover within the club...
                    Who? There's a difference between starting and cover. I just dont know about smith playing all games

Comment

Who? There's a difference between starting and cover. I just dont know about smith playing all games
                      I'm going to put it out there that BMoz will start the season in the centres with Ikavalu on the wing. Billy will get his chance but I reckon they won't want to rush him

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

I'm with you here.

But disagree with you about Xerri.
                        If I had to chose I would take Xerri.

Xerri just reminds me a lot of a player like Fargo. Athletic brilliant just doesnt have the awareness to play in the centres. Could be a brilliant winger.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

If I had to chose I would take Xerri.

Xerri just reminds me a lot of a player like Fargo. Athletic brilliant just doesnt have the awareness to play in the centres. Could be a brilliant winger.
                          Pretty harsh on a very very young player. Joey Manu was perhaps the worst defender i have seen in the centres when he first came on the scene ( not just with technique but more so reading the attack ) he was woeful. You cant see our system improving Xerri out of sight ?

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

Pretty harsh on a very very young player. Joey Manu was perhaps the worst defender i have seen in the centres when he first came on the scene ( not just with technique but more so reading the attack ) he was woeful. You cant see our system improving Xerri out of sight ?
                            I wrote of Manu's terrible defence on here and people bagged the crap out of me. Obviously it's why Joey didn't get a run the the 2017 prelim. Thankfully Joey has improved remarkably.

Comment

How about instead of xerri we make a play for the other Morris? Brett paid off handsomely and with them beside each other would not be such a bad thing.

Comment

If only we had a seasoned international winger who averaged more than 175 metres a game, despite recovering from a serious ligament injury on our books. Oh, hang on, we do. BMoz to left centre, Ryan Hall on the wing. Billy Smith to get a few games and maybe more if he progresses quickly and Iku to fill in admirably when we need him.

Comment

Working...
                                X