Announcement

Collapse

Premium Subscriptions are now Active

Premium Subscriptions to TheChookpen.com.au can now be purchased and activated by clicking this link here or by clicking your Username at the top right, then User Settings, then Subscriptions. Thanks for your ongoing support leading into 2020! For more information about Premium Subscriptions, please click this link.
See more
See less

Bronson Xerri

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

    Solid player....but slow as fark and zero threat with ball in hand
    I totally agree..
    He has a good step but has no speed to utilise it, hope we don't go near him..

    Comment


    • #32
      If Cronulla cannot offload either Dugan or Moylan without carrying half their wage then there is a good chance Xerri will be released if he requests one. A Rooster? Nothing wrong with having two young guns competing for a vacant centre spot.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post

        sign his girlfriend instead, she goes alright !
        True!

        If Lattrell goes as expected, a centre pairing of Jess Sergis and Izzy Kelly looks alright..
        To our fans we tell you
        If you have not been told
        We play this game for all of us
        We play it from the soul!

        (Jack Gibson, 2002)

        Comment


        • #34
          I reckon Billy Smith will be a star. At least as good and probably better than anyone else available.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
            I reckon Billy Smith will be a star. At least as good and probably better than anyone else available.
            I will say he is further ahead than Joey was at this stage, and he seemed to turn out ok.

            Crazy to make judgments now as to whether Billy will be better or worse longer term than Lattrell. Too early.
            To our fans we tell you
            If you have not been told
            We play this game for all of us
            We play it from the soul!

            (Jack Gibson, 2002)

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

              I will say he is further ahead than Joey was at this stage, and he seemed to turn out ok.

              Crazy to make judgments now as to whether Billy will be better or worse longer term than Lattrell. Too early.
              I can't remember Joey Manu's first NRL game so I can't say whether Billy is ahead of him after his only appearance

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

                I can't remember Joey Manu's first NRL game so I can't say whether Billy is ahead of him after his only appearance
                Two appearances - he played v St George and Vermin.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

                  Two appearances - he played v St George and Vermin.
                  Sorry my mistake. I can't remember how Joey was after 2 games so will have to take everybody's word for it that Smith is going better

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

                    Sorry my mistake. I can't remember how Joey was after 2 games so will have to take everybody's word for it that Smith is going better
                    Early on Manu had defensive issues and many were calling for his sacking. He really came of age last year with Cronk beside him on the right advising him and pointing out where to go and what to do. But I do remember his early games where he showed enormous speed and thankfully has developed nicely

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

                      I can't remember Joey Manu's first NRL game so I can't say whether Billy is ahead of him after his only appearance
                      I meant Billys part season since returning from injury, incl Bears.
                      To our fans we tell you
                      If you have not been told
                      We play this game for all of us
                      We play it from the soul!

                      (Jack Gibson, 2002)

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by OMR View Post

                        Early on Manu had defensive issues and many were calling for his sacking. He really came of age last year with Cronk beside him on the right advising him and pointing out where to go and what to do. But I do remember his early games where he showed enormous speed and thankfully has developed nicely
                        Well we don't know whether Billy has any defensive issues at this stage as opposition attacks haven't had much of a chance to have a look at him. If Smith ends up half as good as Joey he will have a long NRL career

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

                          So you don't think he could improve as he gets older with our coaching staff?
                          He'll improve wherever he is as he gets older. I just think there are limitations to athletic centres with little vision or ability to put their winger away. They generally make better wingers than centres.

                          Keep in mind I've only seen a season of him, could be plenty more to his game we haven't seen yet.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by OMR View Post

                            Early on Manu had defensive issues and many were calling for his sacking. He really came of age last year with Cronk beside him on the right advising him and pointing out where to go and what to do. But I do remember his early games where he showed enormous speed and thankfully has developed nicely
                            Think you are taking a lot of credit away from Manu there. To his credit he went away and bulked up and from all reports trained his absolute ass off in defence. Even in interviews you could hear him talking about putting the side first and focussing on what really matters.

                            Not easy for a kid who is as flashy and brilliant with ball in hand as they come. Some serious maturity for a very young player. Showed some real humility and self awareness to get himself to where he is at today.

                            Undoubtedly defending next to the likes of Cronk, Borris and Aubbo is a great learning experience but it's worth nothing if he didn't put in the hard work.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Credit to you, R6, as you were talking Manu up big time when he was in Flegg.
                              Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                I think everyone is tripping about Billy Smith.

                                He came from GPS rugby.

                                He might be handy but he's not going to troubling rep coaches any time soon.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X