X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

Solid player....but slow as fark and zero threat with ball in hand
    I totally agree..
    He has a good step but has no speed to utilise it, hope we don't go near him..

Comment

If Cronulla cannot offload either Dugan or Moylan without carrying half their wage then there is a good chance Xerri will be released if he requests one. A Rooster? Nothing wrong with having two young guns competing for a vacant centre spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post

sign his girlfriend instead, she goes alright !
        True!

If Lattrell goes as expected, a centre pairing of Jess Sergis and Izzy Kelly looks alright..

Comment

I reckon Billy Smith will be a star. At least as good and probably better than anyone else available.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
            I reckon Billy Smith will be a star. At least as good and probably better than anyone else available.
            I will say he is further ahead than Joey was at this stage, and he seemed to turn out ok.

Crazy to make judgments now as to whether Billy will be better or worse longer term than Lattrell. Too early.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

I will say he is further ahead than Joey was at this stage, and he seemed to turn out ok.

Crazy to make judgments now as to whether Billy will be better or worse longer term than Lattrell. Too early.
              I can't remember Joey Manu's first NRL game so I can't say whether Billy is ahead of him after his only appearance

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

I can't remember Joey Manu's first NRL game so I can't say whether Billy is ahead of him after his only appearance
                Two appearances - he played v St George and Vermin.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

Two appearances - he played v St George and Vermin.
                  Sorry my mistake. I can't remember how Joey was after 2 games so will have to take everybody's word for it that Smith is going better

Comment

Sorry my mistake. I can't remember how Joey was after 2 games so will have to take everybody's word for it that Smith is going better
                    Early on Manu had defensive issues and many were calling for his sacking. He really came of age last year with Cronk beside him on the right advising him and pointing out where to go and what to do. But I do remember his early games where he showed enormous speed and thankfully has developed nicely

Comment

I meant Billys part season since returning from injury, incl Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post

Early on Manu had defensive issues and many were calling for his sacking. He really came of age last year with Cronk beside him on the right advising him and pointing out where to go and what to do. But I do remember his early games where he showed enormous speed and thankfully has developed nicely
                        Well we don't know whether Billy has any defensive issues at this stage as opposition attacks haven't had much of a chance to have a look at him. If Smith ends up half as good as Joey he will have a long NRL career

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

So you don't think he could improve as he gets older with our coaching staff?
                          He'll improve wherever he is as he gets older. I just think there are limitations to athletic centres with little vision or ability to put their winger away. They generally make better wingers than centres.

Keep in mind I've only seen a season of him, could be plenty more to his game we haven't seen yet.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post

Think you are taking a lot of credit away from Manu there. To his credit he went away and bulked up and from all reports trained his absolute ass off in defence. Even in interviews you could hear him talking about putting the side first and focussing on what really matters.

Not easy for a kid who is as flashy and brilliant with ball in hand as they come. Some serious maturity for a very young player. Showed some real humility and self awareness to get himself to where he is at today.

Undoubtedly defending next to the likes of Cronk, Borris and Aubbo is a great learning experience but it's worth nothing if he didn't put in the hard work.

Comment

Credit to you, R6, as you were talking Manu up big time when he was in Flegg.
                              Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

I think everyone is tripping about Billy Smith.

He came from GPS rugby.

He might be handy but he's not going to troubling rep coaches any time soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X