Announcement

Collapse

Premium Subscriptions are now Active

Premium Subscriptions to TheChookpen.com.au can now be purchased and activated by clicking this link here or by clicking your Username at the top right, then User Settings, then Subscriptions. Thanks for your ongoing support leading into 2020! For more information about Premium Subscriptions, please click this link.
See more
See less

Bronson Xerri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone else think it’s weird for one player to potentially seek a release from his contract to earn more money elsewhere, only to potentially be replaced by another player seeking an early release from their contract to earn more money?
    Get out of the way, I'm next

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

I will say he is further ahead than Joey was at this stage, and he seemed to turn out ok.

Crazy to make judgments now as to whether Billy will be better or worse longer term than Lattrell. Too early.
      My comment was about Billy Smith being a better option than buying another young centre like Xerri. Not comparing him to Latrell at this stage.We buy someone else and we risk losing Smith. I know it's early, but he looks good to me.

Comment

I haven’t seen anything on the field apart from speed from Xerri. Let’s stick with what we’ve got. Give Billy a go. Bronson would need to pay us. He can’t catch either. Makes SKD look like Alan Border.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
          I haven’t seen anything on the field apart from speed from Xerri. Let’s stick with what we’ve got. Give Billy a go. Bronson would need to pay us. He can’t catch either. Makes SKD look like Alan Border.
          Same..but a young bloke learning..if i got him he would be on my right wing..for a few years
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

My comment was about Billy Smith being a better option than buying another young centre like Xerri. Not comparing him to Latrell at this stage.We buy someone else and we risk losing Smith. I know it's early, but he looks good to me.
            Yes I know sorry mate. My second para was more in response to others comparing Lattrell to Billy. The old "answer all in one post " trick.
            To our fans we tell you
            If you have not been told
            We play this game for all of us
            We play it from the soul!

(Jack Gibson, 2002)

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
              You can't coach speed. The terrible hands should improve. The way Xerri moves on a football field is incredible. I'd rather keep a focused Latrell but Xerri would be a good consolation prize.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                Does anyone else think it’s weird for one player to potentially seek a release from his contract to earn more money elsewhere, only to potentially be replaced by another player seeking an early release from their contract to earn more money?
                Difference is Mitchell wants to leave not just for more money he wants to be a FB whereas Xerri is just trying to cash in on his talent.

Comment

Billy smith could easily play wing beside Manu once morris retires after next

teddy
                  Toops
                  Xerri
                  manu
                  B.smith

Comment

Originally posted by GrubBER View Post
                    Billy smith could easily play wing beside Manu once morris retires after next

teddy
                    Toops
                    Xerri
                    manu
                    B.smith

That would work for me .... or another year down the track ?? sat Toups is getting on.....Lomax would be a thought ..Staggs ..whom I really like great player
                    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

If Lats goes we need a centre next year. We cant rely on Smith playing 26 games. Injuries and we are goone.
                      Get a centre = Curtis

Comment

I agree totally, if we have the money,and have looked after all other players on our roster then another young gun is a smart move ,Nick and trent know exactly what there doing

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post

That would work for me .... or another year down the track ?? sat Toups is getting on.....Lomax would be a thought ..Staggs ..whom I really like great player
                          Staggs would be the best outcome. Great player, and so far still underrated by many
                          "Astroturf? You know who's responsible for that, don't you?! The Jews! Ah, the Jews hate grass. They always have, they always will."

George Costanza (Jason Alexander), Seinfeld

Comment

Originally posted by QWERTY View Post

Staggs would be the best outcome. Great player, and so far still underrated by many
                            Not underrated by the Broncs unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

Not underrated by the Broncs unfortunately
                              Broncos for wooden spoon next year they have 2 great plsyets one decent and the test suck

Comment

Jack Bird would go alright at centre for the Roosters if he is fully fit. If he could return to 2016 form he would be great value at around 350-400k.
                                I would prefer they give Billy Smith first shot.
                                Originally posted by Chook;n805564
                                Why the fark anyone takes any notice of modern media is beyond me. It's all click bait populist crap aimed at the lowest common denominator.

Chook.

Comment

Working...
                                X