Announcement

Collapse

Premium Subscriptions are now Active

Premium Subscriptions to TheChookpen.com.au can now be purchased and activated by clicking this link here or by clicking your Username at the top right, then User Settings, then Subscriptions. Thanks for your ongoing support leading into 2020! For more information about Premium Subscriptions, please click this link.
See more
See less

Bronson Xerri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronson Xerri

Old Buzz Rothfield thinks we want Xerri as the long term replacement for Latrell.

XERRI RIPE FOR THE ROOSTERS

The rumour will not go away that Sydney Roosters are interested in boom Sharks centre Bronson Xerri as a long-term replacement for Latrell Mitchell.

We reported recently that Xerri was a very close friend of new Roosters halfback Kyle Flanagan and was upset when Flanagan left the Sharks for Moore Park.

We also revealed the young centre is not overly impressed that Knights discard Jesse Ramien has been signed on a big-money contract to return to the Shire on a bigger and better deal than his own.

So, watch this space. Xerri is under contract for another two years at Cronulla — but that means nothing. Former Wests Tigers star Ryan Matterson has shown every player in the game how easy it is to break a contract to earn more elsewhere.

Does Xerri play in the same centre position as Ramien?

Comment

Xerri plays on the right.

I like him but he is probably no better as a prospect than Billy Smith.
      Last edited by Thirteen; 11-09-2019, 07:22 PM.

Comment

I honestly think that Xerri will get a centre position in origin sometime in the next two years. Also I’m pretty sure he plays left centre now?? He started right but moved left and said he is more natural their I believe.
        but I don’t believe this article. Xerri and Ramian will be the sharks centre pairing for a long time coming

Comment

I would like to believe it, but I think Buzz might just be running a mile with little concrete information or a couple of coincidences. It could be put down to a bit of journalist sensationalism. Having said all of that, however, what is Buzz's record of accuracy when compared to others like Weidler, Ritchie, Breen, the Mole, the Lurker, etc?
          Rabid

"Some people believe supporting the Roosters
          is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
          with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much
          more important than that."

(Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

He is an amazing young player. Would be a great addition to the squad.

Comment

His eyes are too close together for my liking

Comment

I think he is a bit overrated, but he definently has the skills to become a lot better. I’d prefer Billy Smith over Xerri, but I won’t complain if he makes the move over
                "Astroturf? You know who's responsible for that, don't you?! The Jews! Ah, the Jews hate grass. They always have, they always will."

George Costanza (Jason Alexander), Seinfeld

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                  His eyes are too close together for my liking
                  Can't trust those types eh? But anyone with a slight gap between the front two teeth you can?
                  "I don't think anything I've ever done is wrong" - Homer J Simpson

Comment

Extreme speed.
                    Looks good at Cronulla so would expect he would go to another level or two with Keary, Teddy, Cords and Toups around him.
                    Along with Billy would give Robbo great interchangable backline options, for example when Joey covers for Teddy at 1 again.
                    Might be a good time to get him before his star rises too much also.

Comment

On par with Curtis Scott who I think would be more likely to leave his current club then what Xerri would.
                      Hopefully things work out with Latrell though.
                      Originally posted by Chook;n805564
                      Why the fark anyone takes any notice of modern media is beyond me. It's all click bait populist crap aimed at the lowest common denominator.

Chook.

Comment

Would be nice but won't happen

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post
                          He is an amazing young player. Would be a great addition to the squad.
                          Yes please.
                          Big, strong, fast.
                          Getting the idea of catching the ball instead of dropping it, more each game.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                            On par with Curtis Scott who I think would be more likely to leave his current club then what Xerri would.
                            Hopefully things work out with Latrell though.
                            I rate Cherry a good ways ahead of Scott, personally. Staggs is up there with Cherry on potential.
                            To our fans we tell you
                            If you have not been told
                            We play this game for all of us
                            We play it from the soul!

(Jack Gibson, 2002)

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

I rate Cherry a good ways ahead of Scott, personally. Staggs is up there with Cherry on potential.
                              "A player can have speed, skill, strength and courage...the question I ask is; can I win with him?" - Jack Gibson.

We can win with Latrell, it's proven and he will only get better. "Better the 'devil' you know".

If I can't have Latrell, then Xerri I am happy to have.

Comment

Working...
                              X