No announcement yet.

Hysteria Breaks Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The bottom line is I think this has been on the cards for a very long time. Management has it seems been unhappy with Pearce for a long while now but up until now couldn’t find a replacement. But once they have they are giving Pearce the boot in no uncertain terms.

I think if Cronk were in the market 3 years ago Pearce would be gone then. Cronk’s signing gives us two years to find a more permanent half solution.
    “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Ahhh an hysterical thread started about hysteria... who did it better?

Comment

RIP pearce threads

Comment

Originally posted by <ME> View Post
          Def Leppard?
          Time for someone to post the link....

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

If Pearce had managed to win us a few more games off his own bat people might have been more forgiving. Freddie might have been a party boy but he still performed for us time and time again
            How many premierships did Freddy win with us?

No disrespect to the great man either.
            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post

Ofcourse i had a flog see that bloke on dr oz? Flogging clears nose blockages and im flogging like a deamon
              *Sniff*
              FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

How many premierships did Freddy win with us?

No disrespect to the great man either.
                The long period brfore Freddy, we were shit.

After he retired we failed to make the 8 three times in a row.

When he was with us, it was 9 sessons in a row of finals footy, plus winning 4 out of 6 prelim finals and a premiership.

I think if the Freddy of 2002-2004 was magically transported in time and played in 13,14,15 we win the comp 3 in a row no doubt about it for me.
                Last edited by 4 the all in brawl; 11-21-2017, 08:54 PM.
                Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post

When he was with us, it was 9 sessons in a row, plus winningn4 out of 6 prelim finals and a premiership.

I think if the Freddy of 2002-2004 was magically transported in time and played in 13,14,15 we win the comp 3 in a row no doubt about it for me.
                  Well said! In our 3 grand finals with Freddy he was among the best on field. The signing of Gould and then Freddy saved our club and allowed us to remain a standalone.

Comment

I've waited at least 3 years for this to happen so its with a great sense of elation that I can finally say - HAL-A-BLOODY-LULYA.

Comment

Originally posted by <ME> View Post
                      Zzzzz

Comment

When he was with us, it was 9 sessons in a row of finals footy, plus winning 4 out of 6 prelim finals and a premiership.

all good points but in the spirit of the ruthless decision to let Pearce go, the same ruthlessness needs to be said that the messiah only had one premiership with us like Pearce. Apart from minor premierships and GF wins, to be blunt, all other results mean nothing so with that said, they have been equally successful at the Roosters in my book but if you actually break it down, it could be argued that Freddy wasn't as successful overall. Pearce was involved in our 3 minor premierships during his time. Freddy only one. Pearce has a GF record of one loss and one win. Freddy has a record of 3 losses and one win. It could actually be argued that Freddy wasn't as successful in comparison the Pearce as some here might think, statistically speaking.
                        Last edited by rented tracksuit; 11-21-2017, 10:25 PM.
                        FVCK CANCER

Comment

all good points but in the spirit of the ruthless decision to let Pearce go, the same ruthlessness needs to be said that the messiah only had one premiership with us like Pearce. Apart from minor premierships and GF wins, to be blunt, all other results mean nothing so with that said, they have been equally successful at the Roosters in my book but if you actually break it down, it could be argued that Freddy wasn't as successful overall. Pearce was involved in our 3 minor premierships during his time. Freddy only one. Pearce has a GF record of one loss and one win. Freddy has a record of 3 losses and one win. It could actually be argued that Freddy wasn't as successful in comparison the Pearce as some here might think, statistically speaking.
                          Wow. I disagree with every single bit of that

I suppose you could also argue that Pearce has been more successful as a club level halfback than Thurston? Same number of Premierships, less GF losses and 3 more Minor Prems.

Statistics really can be used to promote the most nonsensical arguments

Comment

Fair enough mate, but I don't agree with what some of those stats can suggest but accept some will use them to argue Pearce was at least an equal or had a superior record to Freddy.

But how many games did Freddy grab by the scruff of the neck and win for the Roosters? It is probably not a stat that would be easily compiled and is subjective to a degree, but I dare say Freddy has won more games on his own or was the catylist for many more such wins than Pearce. You can also add Origin games and Series to that list of stats should we go further. Freddy never won a MoM in origin but that is down to the apparent bias some judges had against him, Sterlo was a judge in several of those games in which Freddy was the best player on the field. E.g 2004 SOO Game 3 and also the 2002 GF in which Freddy was the best player by the length of the Flemington Straight and that is no disrespect to Fitzy. You can also add to the list that in the 9 seasons with the Roosters Freddy played we never finished lower than 6th. Whereas Pearce got a wooden spoon, a 12th or something (2011) a second last (2016) and a 3rd last. (2012)

Those stats don't reflect Pearcey's efforts in those seasons, although the 2016 result is largely on his shoulders...
                            Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
                            What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                              Wow. I disagree with every single bit of that

I suppose you could also argue that Pearce has been more successful as a club level halfback than Thurston? Same number of Premierships, less GF losses and 3 more Minor Prems.

Statistics really can be used to promote the most nonsensical arguments
                              yes they can be used like that but they don't lie.

Im curious how you can disagree with the stats? They are factual so i am curious what your rebuttal would be based on?

FVCK CANCER

Comment

Fair enough mate, but I don't agree with what some of those stats can suggest but accept some will use them to argue Pearce was at least an equal or had a superior record to Freddy.

But how many games did Freddy grab by the scruff of the neck and win for the Roosters? It is probably not a stat that would be easily compiled and is subjective to a degree, but I dare say Freddy has won more games on his own or was the catylist for many more such wins than Pearce. You can also add Origin games and Series to that list of stats should we go further. Freddy never won a MoM in origin but that is down to the apparent bias some judges had against him, Sterlo was a judge in several of those games in which Freddy was the best player on the field. E.g 2004 SOO Game 3 and also the 2002 GF in which Freddy was the best player by the length of the Flemington Straight and that is no disrespect to Fitzy. You can also add to the list that in the 9 seasons with the Roosters Freddy played we never finished lower than 6th. Whereas Pearce got a wooden spoon, a 12th or something (2011) a second last (2016) and a 3rd last. (2012)

Those stats don't reflect Pearcey's efforts in those seasons, although the 2016 result is largely on his shoulders...
                                dude, im not using them for or against either player as I respect anyone who has pulled on the RWB but they do speak a lot that can't be argued.

Im in no way suggesting that Pearce is as good as Thurston but the record will always show (until now at least) that Pearce was more successful at club level. I won't debate the Origin as that isvanother kettle of fish with completely different variables. I'm sure you know what I mean.

Im not sure you can totally blame him for 2016 either. Yeah was an idiot but he didn't deserve 9 weeks. That result was thanks to the punishment and injuries to other key players. He came back after suspension and had a good impact but we were down in troops for a good 85% of the season.

Again, not defending anyone or trashing others but just pointing at the facts.

FVCK CANCER

Comment

Working...
                                X