Hysteria Breaks Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OMR View Post
    I am in disbelief!!! Tracksuit is actually saying Pearce has abetter record than Fittler!!!!!! By having a one loss one win GF record . Yet Freddy got us to 4 GFs, winning one , doesnt that show Freddy was far superior to get us past the prelim, unlike Pearce who had 4 attempts for 1 win? I , like Tommy, feel dirty even posting this.
    I have not said Pearce is better than Freddy. It could be argued however that Freddy's record in GFs was pretty poor. Being runner up in a GF is like being first of the losers.

Those who are saying certain players have a GF win while other superstars in the same positions don't goes to show it's more than an individual effort so blame cannot lie solely on one player like many here seem to think.

Again, not defending or attacking any players past or present. Just mentioning the numbers.
    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
      And Frank Paul Nuuasala is a better backrower than Nathan Hindmarsh
      Poor Hindy. Fletch will never let him live it down either. lol
      FVCK CANCER

Comment

Over the 80 mins Maloney was the best player on the park in the 2013 GF. SBW's first half was one of the worst I've ever seen him play, but he turned it around in the second half. But in the end, it was a team effort in that last 20 minutes that got them over the line, and the fact that Manly choked. The fact that the Clive Churchill Medallist was chosen with about 20 minutes to go backfired on Bonzo the Clown and his henchmen when his beloved Chip Stealers choked and DCE was unsighted when the game was on the line (sound familiar to anyone). Karma's a bitch aint it.

I thought Maloney was probably best on field in the 2016 GF as well, but Luke Lewis got the Clive Churchill.

Mind you, for me the Clive Churchill Medal became tainted and meaningless for me since Willie Wanka won it 2004.
        Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

Def Leppard?
          Time for someone to post the link....

The world is full of Kings & Queens,who blind your eye's & steal your dreams!

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

No one has said Freddy was rubbish and the Roosters would not have been better without them. I’m just not sure how flicking a guy with the same if not better stats is a move in the right direction? Time will tell and I’m sure when next season starts we will be back on the wagon and everyone will be singing Cronks praises! No excuses next season now.

Sorry but comparing stats of Pearce playing for us to stats for Cronk playing for the storm is ridiculous purely on the fact that both players have different needs within their teams. Cronk may not feel the need to have to do some things Pearce does because he is also organising the next play... You can also compare stats of who has represented in SOO of origin and won and who has represented for the Kangaroos.... I'm sure that if you had the 'Ultimate' stats on both player...Cronk will always come out ahead...

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Sorry but comparing stats of Pearce playing for us to stats for Cronk playing for the storm is ridiculous purely on the fact that both players have different needs within their teams. Cronk may not feel the need to have to do some things Pearce does because he is also organising the next play... You can also compare stats of who has represented in SOO of origin and won and who has represented for the Kangaroos.... I'm sure that if you had the 'Ultimate' stats on both player...Cronk will always come out ahead...
              The 'Pearce has better numbers then Freddie' argument would die a natural death after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

The 'Pearce has better numbers then Freddie' argument would die a natural death after that.
                We depended on Freddy 100% to create the chances...We relied on Pearce but it then became a lost cause and hope that some 19 yo punk would create something...Sometimes he did, sometimes he kicked it out on the full from 1/2 way...

Comment

Originally posted by infidelrooster View Post
                  I knew someone would find it. Thanks ir.

Comment

Pearce fanboys are free to fork off over the harbour bridge to manly or where ever...quick before the state govmint introduces a toll going that way.

I'm kind of loving the hysteria...ha

I'm over the moon at the myth going..flat track bully if there ever was one...decent against shite sides, deer in headlights against strong teams in big games.
                    Last edited by Rocky Rhodes; 11-22-2017, 08:45 PM.
                    Who said 13 was an unlucky number? 13th Premiership in yr 13 on our 100th anniversary of our 1913 premiership.

Comment

You can compare plenty of stats ROC but I was mainly alluding to Pearces Rooster stats in result form.

I think many many on here have let their hate of Pearce or the premature love of Storm boy cloud their comprehension of results and numbers that can’t be changed because of opinion.

Im looking forward to seeing what Storm boy brings to the table. I’m especially looking forward to his first game against his old club.

FVCK CANCER

Comment

We depended on Freddy 100% to create the chances...We relied on Pearce but it then became a lost cause and hope that some 19 yo punk would create something...Sometimes he did, sometimes he kicked it out on the full from 1/2 way...
                        And I don’t think it will be his last time either.
                        FVCK CANCER

Comment

You can compare plenty of stats ROC but I was mainly alluding to Pearces Rooster stats in result form.

I think many many on here have let their hate of Pearce or the premature love of Storm boy cloud their comprehension of results and numbers that can’t be changed because of opinion.

Im looking forward to seeing what Storm boy brings to the table. I’m especially looking forward to his first game against his old club.

The love for 'storm boy' comes from the knowledge of what we know today... he is a champion at every level. Multi award winner. Why wouldnt any reasonable person not see that? To say that he won't be as good without Smith & Slater is pure guessing like saying Tedesco won't be as good without Woods or Brooks. We can by reason of evidence say that had Cronk not signed and Pearce still being here, that we would have had another year of Pearces average bombs and disappearing acts. There's no guessing there. As they say, the best predictor of future is past behaviour.

Comment

The love for 'storm boy' comes from the knowledge of what we know today... he is a champion at every level. Multi award winner. Why wouldnt any reasonable person not see that? To say that he won't be as good without Smith & Slater is pure guessing like saying Tedesco won't be as good without Woods or Brooks. We can by reason of evidence say that had Cronk not signed and Pearce still being here, that we would have had another year of Pearces average bombs and disappearing acts. There's no guessing there. As they say, the best predictor of future is past behaviour.
                            Where did I say he won’t be as good without his 2 QLD mates around him? It’s a good point however considering Smiff and leg boy are probably two of, if not the best players in their positions of all time. Surely Storm boy has had the benefit of those two working with him.

I don’t think Woods and Brooks make anyone look good. Pretty poor analogy there.

As for predicting the future, if you keep looking back over your shoulder, you will probably end up tripping over.

Happy hes here. That’s not the point. The numbers just interesting in my book.

FVCK CANCER

Comment

Where did I say he won’t be as good without his 2 QLD mates around him? It’s a good point however considering Smiff and leg boy are probably two of, if not the best players in their positions of all time. Surely Storm boy has had the benefit of those two working with him.

I don’t think Woods and Brooks make anyone look good. Pretty poor analogy there.

As for predicting the future, if you keep looking back over your shoulder, you will probably end up tripping over.

Happy hes here. That’s not the point. The numbers just interesting in my book.
                              The Tedesco analogy is as stupid as saying Cronk wont be as good. There is ZERO evidence.. People are just guessing and these people are those that are against Cronk coming here because their fav boy Pearce had to move, AND those poor fans of other clubs that never had a chance and their guess is driven by envy. Of course not directing it at you because many have said it here that I lost count...that is many of the Pearce fans.

As for the predictor of future..for a start, has Pearce improved any over the years...? oh yeah he finally slotted 2 field goals...other than that, we could have predicted it at the start of the year that we were going to see the same old thing. He had a few good weeks then fell apart, SOO or not... And the predictor of future, well in psychology, that is a theory...Nothing about tripping.
                              Last edited by ROC181; 11-22-2017, 11:20 PM.

Comment

The Tedesco analogy is as stupid as saying Cronk wont be as good. There is ZERO evidence.. People are just guessing and these people are those that are against Cronk coming here because their fav boy Pearce had to move, AND those poor fans of other clubs that never had a chance and their guess is driven by envy. Of course not directing it at you because many have said it here that I lost count...that is many of the Pearce fans.

As for the predictor of future..for a start, has Pearce improved any over the years...? oh yeah he finally slotted 2 field goals...other than that, we could have predicted it at the start of the year that we were going to see the same old thing. He had a few good weeks then fell apart, SOO or not... And the predictor of future, well in psychology, that is a theory...Nothing about tripping.
                                ROC, I know you aren't directing it at me. I have more respect for your input than to take it as a pot shot. The original comment was made to just throw it out there based on numbers or official results only. Nothing in support or lack of for Pearce or Freddy or anyone from another club or that matter. I do think however that Storm boy has had the luxury inside a pretty serious outfit for a very long time and has not once been exposed to anything outside his QLD or Melb (which is pretty much QLD anyway) partners. It would be interresting to see the two current Origin halves in the opposite sides. I wonder in which direction the criticism would be directed?

Anyway, that's enough of me rambling on for now. I hope Storm boy is just as good for us as he has shown for the Storm and I wish Pearce the very best of luck wherever he decides to roost.

As for the psychology and tripping part. I only said it cause I wanted to have Confucius moment.

I know we have him for a couple of seasons but in looking past this short term junket, I would be gong hard for Nat Cleary. Now there's a future without looking backwards!
                                Last edited by rented tracksuit; 11-22-2017, 11:53 PM.
                                FVCK CANCER

Comment

Working...
                                X