Cooper Cronk and his Rooster connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Radley is not a 9. Sure he can back up if needed but 9 is not his position.
    Sorry I meant the other guy. Can't remember his name right now.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Radley is not a 9. Sure he can back up if needed but 9 is not his position.
      Actually Radley has said that he thinks he is too small to be a backrower at NRL level and considers 9 his best position and I agree with this. I am led to believe Robbo feels the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Gronk would just sit there going ‘sorry guys, it just doesn’t work anymore! I’ve never had that called a penalty against me EVER!!! Oi and WTF... when I passed directly to the defender as he’s running back onside, they called play-on rather than giving me a free kick!!! W...T...F?!?!?’
        The sarcastic nature of your post is actually quite spot on in reality. I said previously that it would very interesting to see how he goes outside of his Storm bubble. He would no longer be a protected species to an extent.
        FVCK CANCER

Comment

I too am off the Pearce bandwagon. A very solid club halfback but now a serial underperformer in the big games.

That Prelim disaster must have been a real jolt to Robbo and Nick's system and I'd be surprised if they aren't at least conaidering Cronk in a ruthless switch.

Also Radley will be a gun no.9 one day. He looks "footy smart" all over unlike Captain Calamity we have atm. I'd love to see him own the no.9 in two years.

We must be ruthless. Pearce and Friend aren't Cronk and Smith so they deserve no blind loyalty.

Comment

Originally posted by The ticket View Post

Then There should be about 14 players waiting for those consequences
            There aren't 14 world class players on the market, only potentially 1 at the moment and he is a halfback. Pearce's inability to get up for big games for the best part of a decade means it would be negligent not to explore this option. I understand a lot of fans love their players and don't really care about the results but this is a business and as HC points out, Cronk could have a similar impact to SBW brought with regards to professionalism. Cronk brings the added ingredient of proven loyalty.

Our team is full of effort players but has a distinct shortage of leaders and composure when it matters. This is what Cronk would bring. All well and good to point to JWH, Friend and Napa etc, however there is no one on the market to replace them. It would be foolish not to have a crack at Cronk and I have no doubt we will.

Comment

When they came 15th in 2016 they should have got rid of 15 players.
              2017 they came 2nd so Friend & Pearce must go?
              Thank God for the Chookpen, it puts everything in perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                When they came 15th in 2016 they should have got rid of 15 players.
                2017 they came 2nd so Friend & Pearce must go?
                Thank God for the Chookpen, it puts everything in perspective.
                Yeah on paper it sounds like we've risen from the ashes but in perspective we had some very dumb losses and close wins to some stupid teams. This record that many mentioned, including Robbo, that we can win close games when needed, to me it was never a badge of honour. It was more like that we can't put teams away when we have played excellent for 20-30 minutes because certain senior players that are supposed to control the game, decide they have had enough. Getting back to the Preliminary final, both Pearce and Friend didn't control their roles as they are supposed to. Whilst there were some dumb knock ons by other players, these are usually caused by frustration that the playmakers are not creating enough opportunities to give the likes of JWH, Liu etc enough clear chances, thus it creates a desperation with all which leads to errors. Morgan on the other hand was able to take control better than both and had the team going forward.
                Perspective my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Yeah on paper it sounds like we've risen from the ashes but in perspective we had some very dumb losses and close wins to some stupid teams. This record that many mentioned, including Robbo, that we can win close games when needed, to me it was never a badge of honour. It was more like that we can't put teams away when we have played excellent for 20-30 minutes because certain senior players that are supposed to control the game, decide they have had enough. Getting back to the Preliminary final, both Pearce and Friend didn't control their roles as they are supposed to. Whilst there were some dumb knock ons by other players, these are usually caused by frustration that the playmakers are not creating enough opportunities to give the likes of JWH, Liu etc enough clear chances, thus it creates a desperation with all which leads to errors. Morgan on the other hand was able to take control better than both and had the team going forward.
                  Perspective my friend!
                  As I said thank God for the Chookpen, it puts everything in perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

As I said thank God for the Chookpen, it puts everything in perspective.
                    Always doing my bit for the greater all. 'Making the Chookpen Great Again' is my motto!

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Always doing my bit for the greater all. 'Making the Chookpen Great Again' is my motto!
                      I like it. Very good.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
                        eddie - Politis is with a i not a E.
                        Is that all?
                        No insight into the paranoia about QLD connections?

I could do with a laugh before Uncle sends some hitmen around to avenge the spelling error.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                          I think hes overrated personally lets see how he goes without a certain hooker inside him and a certain fb outside him ...obviously im in the monority here but yea hes good but personally i dont want him

good point its easy to shine when surrounded by superstars. Cam smith is the heart beat of the storm. Turns regular player into test match players. Similar to what joey johns done in Newcastle . Although im tipping he will be a great success.
                          Last edited by Bondicigar; 10-07-2017, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                            I too am off the Pearce bandwagon. A very solid club halfback but now a serial underperformer in the big games.

That Prelim disaster must have been a real jolt to Robbo and Nick's system and I'd be surprised if they aren't at least conaidering Cronk in a ruthless switch.

We must be ruthless. Pearce and Friend aren't Cronk and Smith so they deserve no blind loyalty.
                            Nó way. It's attitudes like yours that have driven the Bulldogs to where they are now.

Knee jerk Reactions, Panic buying, lack of loyalty for players who are still performing to a good standard - I despise that shite. We are better than that, which is why Uncle Nick and Robbo are such a great combo to have at our club. They've led us to great success because they don't torch the place in a panic after every fcking loss.

Comment

All I'm saying is that if the opportunity is there to sign Cronk and offload Pearce then we should do it.

You wouldn't make the swap?

If we can't sign Cronk then obviously we keep Pearce.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post

Nó way. It's attitudes like yours that have driven the Bulldogs to where they are now.

Knee jerk Reactions, Panic buying, lack of loyalty for players who are still performing to a good standard - I despise that shite. We are better than that, which is why Uncle Nick and Robbo are such a great combo to have at our club. They've led us to great success because they don't torch the place in a panic after every fcking loss.

Great success? So you're one of those that celebrates all the minor premierships with the other 10 or so at Spring street?

1 Premiership in 9 years with Pearce...but thanks to SBW and Maloney. Pearce should have been let go way a long time ago. Maybe Tedesco might save his butt but he will have to do a lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X