No announcement yet.

Cooper Cronk and his Rooster connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hands up who thought we were a chance to win the comp this year back in March. Most predictions here had us somewhere between fourth and twelfth.

we then had a scrappy year where we managed to win a bunch of close games where we should have put teams away and where we put together 80 minutes maybe twice. But we jagged second.

We already have our white whale for next year - Tedesco.

my prediction is that this Cronk talk will already be hurting the squad. This bloke is still faffing about whether he will even play next year.

this feels much more like Bennett than Sonny Bill.

Comment

• We are better off recruiting a young long-term half, like Cleary or Ash Taylor, rather than Cronk. Build the team around this new long-term #7 with Keary at 5/8 and Teddy at FB.

One of the reasons the cheats have been the most succesful club over the last 15years (salary cap aside) is because Bellamy has built his team around Billy, Cronk and C Smith.

We should look to do the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

What do you mean?
        I mean they need him badly, Inglis is there and they probably don't have to shift too much to afford him.

Plus I heard this whole Cronk to us thing was to throw the scent off so the big punters could plunge on Souffs, which they have done. I also heard he has agreed with us and is trying to do a Bennett. So I don't know what's going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by The ticket View Post
          Hands up who thought we were a chance to win the comp this year back in March. Most predictions here had us somewhere between fourth and twelfth.

we then had a scrappy year where we managed to win a bunch of close games where we should have put teams away and where we put together 80 minutes maybe twice. But we jagged second.

my prediction is that this Cronk talk will already be hurting the squad. This bloke is still faffing about whether he will even play next year.

Indeed. The foot stamping from some of the over entitled fans is fairly pathetic. Par for the course for the chookpen though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post

cronk has the australian forward pack to protect him. Ill think hel be just fine, as if hes never been targeted
            Thats the weakest aussie team ive seen for decades.You may as well have picked the qld state of origin side good luck with that .good on ya meninga go Queenslander!!Tedesco left out what a joke,,Ben Hunt you have to be joking.Up the tongans,come on the Kiwis and the poms.

Comment

• The return of.....................?????
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

• The most important aspect Cronk would bring to us is taking the right options at the right time.

Whilst I agree with R6 that he is not necessarily a game breaker, his decision making just might be.

I would only want him tho if he signed for 2yrs. Not 1. And if we could move Pearce to dummy half that would be a very good spine.
                Tedesco
                Keary
                Cronk
                Pearce

I imaging tho that that would mean moving Friend on to get under the Cap. So be it. Or maybe we just can't afford both Pearce and Cronk in the team, but if Cronk signed for 2yrs I would be all for it.

IMO he will retire. Remember the last contract he signed for the Storm? He called his own press conference. And in the end didn't answer any questions that the media asked him. It got to the stage where one guy from the media asked him why he bothered holding a presser if he wasn't going to answer their questions.
                Cronk isn't silly. He loves the drama and the limelight. He knows it only boosts his profile further. And he will milk this current situation for everything it's worth.
                Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

• Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post

Indeed. The foot stamping from some of the over entitled fans is fairly pathetic. Par for the course for the chookpen though.
                  Yep.

I'm bloody excited for next year. We've secured the best off contract signing that was available and we can only improve from here.

But judging by the sentiment of plenty, it's the apocalypse with Piss, Friendy and Robbo as the unholy trinity.

Irony is, the only thing there really is to this Cronk story is a rumour puff piece from News Limited. Since when does anyone here (or anywhere) take that shit rag seriously? All of a sudden it seems to be gospel.
                  Last edited by Steakface; 10-08-2017, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• Been reviewing the season.

Pearse and keary did about 7/10 together in attack. Most tries scored down last, therefore really missed toups. Bigger injury to out team than imagined. Scored some tries down right but when Manu and Gordon cutting through.

apart from a few grubbers that led to tries, jake is the man missing in attack. Needs to find better balance or be moved on. Pearse to has merits. He’d need to let Cronk take field goals.

fwiw cant see us acquiring Cronk either. Will be pleasantly surprised if it doesn’t happen.

i feel criticism of MAtterson slightly unfair. He bulked up to be a large forward then found himself a centre. 9/10 for team commitment and versatility but would never like him shuffled in such a way again
                    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

• Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                      Been reviewing the season.

Pearse and keary did about 7/10 together in attack. Most tries scored down last, therefore really missed toups. Bigger injury to out team than imagined. Scored some tries down right but when Manu and Gordon cutting through.

apart from a few grubbers that led to tries, jake is the man missing in attack. Needs to find better balance or be moved on. Pearse to has merits. He’d need to let Cronk take field goals.

fwiw cant see us acquiring Cronk either. Will be pleasantly surprised if it doesn’t happen.

i feel criticism of MAtterson slightly unfair. He bulked up to be a large forward then found himself a centre. 9/10 for team commitment and versatility but would never like him shuffled in such a way again
                      At least someone here has brains...lol and it aint me.
                      I was actually saying to a mate the other day the form of the whole competition this year was poor apart from Melbourne.
                      I even suggested we probably didnt deserve to be second on the ladder but then who did?.
                      We were half a game roosters for a large part of the year nearly losing the unlosable games etc.
                      Big question is can we step it up next year ?
                      Has our coach learned anything in these semi situations?
                      >God I can remember talking to Ricky Stuart a
                      the week coming into the 04 Grand Final..and (I knew a few thing back in the day).I asked him if he watched the 03 grand final .He said no and he will never watch it .My reply was then you havnt learned anything and will lose it again...gave me the biggest **** off look Ive ever seen.
                      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                        When they came 15th in 2016 they should have got rid of 15 players.
                        2017 they came 2nd so Friend & Pearce must go?
                        Thank God for the Chookpen, it puts everything in perspective.
                        There is nothing mad about wanting those two players gone.

In fact it's probably the reverse.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by kakaruk View Post

Thats the weakest aussie team ive seen for decades.You may as well have picked the qld state of origin side good luck with that .good on ya meninga go Queenslander!!Tedesco left out what a joke,,Ben Hunt you have to be joking.Up the tongans,come on the Kiwis and the poms.

And they will still win comfortably

Comment

• Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                            There is nothing mad about wanting those two players gone.

In fact it's probably the reverse.
                            Nah I know not when you are a Chookpen poster but the guys who run the club look at the big picture which none of us are privo to & they dont make knee jerk decisions which could destabilise a happy playing group.
                            Im not disagreeing with you or anyone else on the subject of Pearce & Friend being moved on but coming second in the comp I think will save them. JWH & Napa are 2 that could also be under the pump because neither of them showed anything in the final series.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post

Lucky we have you in your various guises to keep us on the straight and narrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by The ticket View Post
                                Hands up who thought we were a chance to win the comp this year back in March. Most predictions here had us somewhere between fourth and twelfth.

We didn't expect to come second but once we were there to bow out so meekly in a game that should have been won is a real worry. Teddy won't change it.

Comment

Working...
                                X