No announcement yet.

Cooper Cronk and his Rooster connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whether it happens or not he is exactly the type of player we need. He has one skill that none of our other players possess and that is intelligence.

Both Jnr and Jake try their guts out and bleed the club but we need more than this especially at key moments in matches.

Keary has been a great acquisition and he needs to stay at 6.

Jake and Jnr need to share the 9 role for the club to win. Jake starting, Jnr on after 30 min, Jake off till last 30 and come back on as a middle forward.

Remember it wasn't below Andrew Johns to play hooker so Jnr should be able to live with it too.

His work ethic will be great for our younger players and will fire up some of the others as well.
    Last edited by Renman; 10-06-2017, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Agreed. I think it is easy to look ‘clinical’ when your team is stacked with more rep talent than any other team can afford. Maloney, Widdop, Green and Munster are probably all no worse than Gronk. All great halves! But like... so ate Pearce and Keary. It’d be stupid to blow out our cap for a half when we need a forward or two...

As the Cowboys demonstrated... they can beat us with ad-hoc halves and the big JT. The game can no longer be won by one amazing half like Joey.
      Blake Green as good as Cronk??

Can I have some of the shit u r smoking man?
      Originally posted by King Salvo 'Tedesco and Woods will be more than likely Dogs signings but both will give Tigers last shot - we are not in the race anymore'

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

That's right. The side would be too small. Even SBurgess plays lock I think. Other than hooker, you need the forwards to be big. Then again Gallen isn't tall but he's wide.
        Correct man, forgot about Burgess and you can add Merrin, Finucane, N Brown and Liu to that list, all big dudes.
        Originally posted by King Salvo 'Tedesco and Woods will be more than likely Dogs signings but both will give Tigers last shot - we are not in the race anymore'

Comment

In my opinion it only would, could and should happen if they were to move Pearce on.

For what it's worth I have been a Pearce fan and supporter for a very long time, and if he stays on as our halfback I'll continue to support him. He is better than the majority of the halfbacks in the comp and his value to our team was highlighted when he missed games last year. Excluding last year we have had many good years with Pearce as halfback and I think he needs some credit.

There are however some negative aspects of his game that I just don't think are going to change or improve - His predictability and lack of natural instinct, his calmness, and his ability to control a game for the full 80 minutes. I summarise it by saying he has no 'flow' in his game. I feel that it's these shortcomings in Pearce's game that have led him to fall short in big games. Not always, but quite often. Now I'm not blaming him for our Prelim losses or the Origin losses, of course there are always other players who underperform, but as halfback it is your role to guide the team and get the best out of the players, and that's where I feel Mitchell falls short. It just doesn't seem like he's the type of player who makes other players better, or, could take our team to the next level. I think the people who make the big decisions know this, and that is why Cronk has so much appeal. He has the attributes that Pearce doesn't. Of course its helped Cronk having Smith... And Slater... And Bellamy... And the Qld Origin team, but I think he's pretty good in his own right.

I have always backed Pearce. You can't knock his toughness, desire and effort. And he is a Rooster, that means something to me. I just get the feeling that it's run it's course and he won't play out his career with us like I once thought he would.

In saying all that, i'd love nothing more than for us to win another comp with Pearce as our halfback.

Comment

Its extremely difficult to see any scenario where this might actually happen. Pearce and Friend are not going anywhere. I call bullshit. Stick to dressing in drag bro.

Comment

The exit of Pearce problematic as I see it and also Friends on many fronts but namely it starts with Robbo's relationship with Politis. A difficult scenario as obviously both like the 2 players and within that Robbo has declared his loyalty to Pearce whilst Politis has the Queenslander loyalty factor with Jake and no doubt he has it with Pearce. If there was a sacking or non renewal of contracts then there are so many other things to consider like team morale and the general vibe in the front office. I don't think either Politis or Robbo would have the club sack them. It may come down to not offering favorable contracts which then is the decision of either players to accept or move on.

Comment

Pearce did his lot with me last year by taking Dale Copley and Jayden Nikorima out on that drunken bender. That, more than dry humping the dog (which was gross enough) and babbling in a clearly addled state, was the final straw for me. The thing about Cronk is his professional attitude, which he could bring to the Roosters.

SUPER DRAGON!

Comment

The drums are beating loud. But the problem I see is Pearce is so toxic when it comes to big games nobody would want him unless he was massively subsidised.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronterooster View Post
                    I forgot to add in my original post that Cooper is also very good friends with Matt King.
                    But everyone loves side-show Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                      The drums are beating loud. But the problem I see is Pearce is so toxic when it comes to big games nobody would want him unless he was massively subsidised.
                      Which wouldn't be an issue if he were to go to a club like the Tigers.

Comment

Politics needs to stick to his ruthless reputation and move Pearce on for the sake of the team..
                        We have a special team on paper that keeps under achieving and a big call needs to be made..
                        Releasing Pearce for Cronk is the money call..

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
                          The exit of Pearce problematic as I see it and also Friends on many fronts but namely it starts with Robbo's relationship with Politis. A difficult scenario as obviously both like the 2 players and within that Robbo has declared his loyalty to Pearce whilst Politis has the Queenslander loyalty factor with Jake and no doubt he has it with Pearce. If there was a sacking or non renewal of contracts then there are so many other things to consider like team morale and the general vibe in the front office. I don't think either Politis or Robbo would have the club sack them. It may come down to not offering favorable contracts which then is the decision of either players to accept or move on.
                          I'm glad Robbo "declared" his loyalty to his half-back during the last few seasons.
                          He has a different role to us fans.

But, there comes a time , the walrus said.............................................. .....

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                            Politics needs to stick to his ruthless reputation and move Pearce on for the sake of the team..
                            We have a special team on paper that keeps under achieving and a big call needs to be made..
                            Releasing Pearce for Cronk is the money call..
                            It also gives us the chance to have the likes of Lam and Sullivan mentored by a consummate professional for the next couple of years. If they show the right progression, one of them will then be in a position to take over with Keary playing the senior role. It suits our development program perfectly. Having Cronk for the next year or two could have a similar impact on the squad to the acquisition of SBW

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                              Which wouldn't be an issue if he were to go to a club like the Tigers.
                              LOL , but dad never wanted him to play there.

Comment

And. just to Bondi Paul.....................Don't over-exaggerate the Qld loyalty stuff with Polites.
                                You've been banging on about that for a while now.

Polites is Roosters first.

Comment

Working...
                                X