Cooper Cronk and his Rooster connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

It also gives us the chance to have the likes of Lam and Sullivan mentored by a consummate professional for the next couple of years. If they show the right progression, one of them will then be in a position to take over with Keary playing the senior role. It suits our development program perfectly. Having Cronk for the next year or two could have a similar impact on the squad to the acquisition of SBW
    Agreed HC,I'm excited to see the development of these 2 potential gun players over the next couple of years..
    The Cronk deal makes sense in every aspect,interesting to see if the Club feels the same!

Comment

i agree with you half time its time for jake to be a captain coach on the sunshine coast, hes gone backward ever since we impos4ed some r4esponsability on him?a ll those tATTS MUST BE SLOWING HIM DOWN?

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Which wouldn't be an issue if he were to go to a club like the Tigers.
        I have heard them mentioned. They already have two overpaid halves.

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
          Politics needs to stick to his ruthless reputation and move Pearce on for the sake of the team..
          We have a special team on paper that keeps under achieving and a big call needs to be made..
          Releasing Pearce for Cronk is the money call..
          Prior to that disgraceful semi performance I didn't agree. Now I do. It changed a lot of things for mine.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
            i agree with you half time its time for jake to be a captain coach on the sunshine coast, hes gone backward ever since we impos4ed some r4esponsability on him?a ll those tATTS MUST BE SLOWING HIM DOWN?
            Zero runs in a Prelim Final for a hooker is totally unacceptable. No wonder our "attack" is so predictable. I think that game was a watershed moment for a number of those players.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post
              And. just to Bondi Paul.....................Don't over-exaggerate the Qld loyalty stuff with Polites.
              You've been banging on about that for a while now.

Polites is Roosters first.
              Thanks Eddie note your spelling of Nick's surname

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Prior to that disgraceful semi performance I didn't agree. Now I do. It changed a lot of things for mine.
                Definetly JT,on top of the last 2 prelim fails this years loss was the final nail in the coffin!
                I was listening to Brett Papwprth talk about his disappointment over the Cowboys loss calling it a "dumb" performance and a major fail by the side,as he expected more from them this year..
                I'm still shattered mate,golden opportunity thrown away..

Comment

Pearce out and Cronk in.

Sounds pretty good to me.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, Cronk is just the person to mentor our young halves in the lower grades.

Happy for Radley to be thrown in also. Friend is yesterday's hero.
                  Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

We have been spoilt over the years having Uncle Nick secure the big names to our Club!
                    If he can somehow nab Cronk it would go down as one of his best...

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                      We have been spoilt over the years having Uncle Nick secure the big names to our Club!
                      If he can somehow nab Cronk it would go down as one of his best...
                      Could be up there with SBW.....I can remember there were posters on here when he signed saying he was overrated too.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi paul View Post
                        Thanks Eddie note your spelling of Nick's surname
                        Ain't with you mate?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

I have heard them mentioned. They already have two overpaid halves.
                          They are short an experienced player at number 9.

Either Reynolds or Pearce can fill that void.

Would love for Cronk to be here, Pearce cocked up in the two biggest games he played in this year being the SOO 2 and also in the pf when him and Friend showed a lack of maturity and the ability to steer the team home. Pearce continued to play like a robot and Friend once just once run from dummy half and stop getting your runners getting smashed as opposition defenses just can run off the line without the consequence of a deft little run from dh. I get that Pearce was far from our worst but he just never stands up in big finals to own or attempt to own the result. Those two cockups not one offs, there is a litany of similar failures in big games and he was only a small part of the 2013 success. Maloney and SBW set the culture for the club that year on and off the field.

If he stays I will continue to support him as he is a decent enough half. But, if there is an opportuntity to pick up Cronk then move Pearce on and his mate Friend as I think Radley and Cronk will be better for the team going forward than Friend and Pearce.
                          Last edited by Parkway_Drive; 10-06-2017, 10:36 PM.
                          Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

On a separate note but re Cronk, I like how he slammed Fatfita for switching from the Kangaroos at the last minute. Shows respect for the culture of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post

Ain't with you mate?
                              eddie - Politis is with a i not a E.

Comment

Signing Cronk would be a real kick in the teeth for Pearce. I am certain that Pearce would ask for a release if we signed Cronk. Signing Cronk doesn't solve our forward issue. Out depth in the forwards is very thin with Guerra and Evans gone.

Comment

Working...
                                X