Reality is....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
    Couldn't agree more Melon, some people got way too caught up in the pre-season hype and those final 4 wins last season. We were never a top 8 team, we're a bottom 4 team and people just refuse to accept it. If we win a 3rd of our games then it'll be a pretty good season. Although in saying that it's the development and improvement that's most important, with some smart recruitment Smith should be expected to make the 8 next year.

Sacking the coach AGAIN isn't going to do anything, Smith has to re-build this club.
    Depends on who they replace him with?
    Elliott will do nothing, Bellamy with full control will do something.
    Smith is out of touch, he stakes his teams full of Islanders that are all over rated. He picks guys on reputation week after week. Our spine is the worst in the league.

Comment

Smith has to re-build the club.

It's his 3rd year in charge but he still hasn't rebuilt the team.

We should give him a contract extension because come next year, he will still need to re-build the club.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Morley View Post
        Reality is...we need a new coach

The team has no structure, no set plays, no players in motion and a clueless attack. This was the case last year and again the first 2 rounds

I heard an interview of Morts on Ch9 yesterday where he said that the game plan is similar to Parra in 09 with "no structure and ad lib footy". If that is the case, then we are in trouble

One out footy does not threaten the defence.

Smith and his son need to go IMO.
        It appears to be the case
        " A man can only walk as far as he can see"

Comment

Originally posted by fred68 View Post
          Smith has to re-build the club.

It's his 3rd year in charge but he still hasn't rebuilt the team.

We should give him a contract extension because come next year, he will still need to re-build the club.
          Keep taking the medication, the screaming in your head will soon stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Lane View Post
            Depends on who they replace him with?
            Elliott will do nothing, Bellamy with full control will do something.
            Smith is out of touch, he stakes his teams full of Islanders that are all over rated. He picks guys on reputation week after week. Our spine is the worst in the league.
            Our spine has how many islanders???

Basically we are rooted, gotta kill the spine, the islanders and the coach???

Buuuuuuuuuuuuut keep the Untall Cannonball???

I need to wee wee.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Yak View Post
              We got 60 put on us in Round 3 of 2010 and we went alright that year. I was plenty pissed off with how little we showed on Sunday and I realise there is some inherent problems with the way the team is run and plenty of deadwood still around but it's Round 2 ffs. I'd rather enjoy the footy season with a bit of positivity hoping for the unexpected rather than be resigned to only winning a few games all season. Let's hope our players don't have the same attitude as most of our fans...
              I agree Yak Its only round 2 and every team has a shocker game every year things will pick up...No one was bagging Mini last week..We have good potential we just need to get our Mojo back

Comment

What position does mojo play? Can he make a line break or pass the ball?

Comment

He's uncoachable of course, elfrustrated one.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by pelli69 View Post
                    we have a game plan
                    one out one out one out one out one out useless kick
                    You forgot one inside pass in that lot.

Comment

Originally posted by maori_rooster View Post
                      reality is that we are a bottom 4 team
                      We have a winner.

Comment

Thats all top secret.

Make breaks or pass the ball.... thats not in the game plan

Comment

Mr. Mojo Risin'!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Danish View Post
                            I've been hearing this "we are 2-3 years away" nonsense from anyone and everyone for the past 8 seasons. In that time we've gone through 4 coaches, 7-8 halves pairings and what seems like 6-7 rebuilding phases but nothing ever changes.

The club is rotten at the board level and they infect our great club with a severe case of loseritis. We've fluked a couple good seasons in there when youthful naivety held it at bay (Freddy 08 at a coaching level, Carney 10 at a playing level) but in the end it always wins out and we fall back into a heap once more.

Time for a clean out of this club at the top IMO. Retain the current squad who are all mostly young enough to be cured, bring in a new coach and administration and see what we can actually come up with.
                            well said. the board is rotten.therin lies the problem.perhaps years ago he had the club at heart when he signed fittler and gould since then i think its a case of him and his co horts on the board using the club for their own self business interests
                            no star player wants to play with us when smith is coach
                            no top coach wants to coach the roosters with politis at the helm.
                            politis missed his next golden moment by not signing bennett. politis had him by accounts but then stood over him and jeopardised the deal.

we had some top players yet they didnt stay due to either coaches or management. i cant be convinced it is always the salary cap.
                            we have become a transit lounge for coaches.signing elliott as co coach was idiotic.

the youth factor is a smokescreen due to the boards and coaches inability to attract quality players.

Comment

John I have an in grown hair in my pucker & it hurts, what should I do?

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Lane View Post
                                John I have an in grown hair in my pucker & it hurts, what should I do?
                                Now fair warning, you brought that P.M. on yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X