No announcement yet.

Reality is....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't agree more Melon, some people got way too caught up in the pre-season hype and those final 4 wins last season. We were never a top 8 team, we're a bottom 4 team and people just refuse to accept it. If we win a 3rd of our games then it'll be a pretty good season. Although in saying that it's the development and improvement that's most important, with some smart recruitment Smith should be expected to make the 8 next year.

Sacking the coach AGAIN isn't going to do anything, Smith has to re-build this club.

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
      So the baby Broncos who put their hearts into it each week buck the trend?

Sorry, we're just poorly coached - same shit for 3 seasons, up one week, down the next - Brian's got no idea and that's why he'll never win a premiership.
      lol what?

Ben Hannant - 27
      Sam Thaiday - 26
      Ben Teo - 25
      Alex Glenn - 23
      Corey Parker 29

Petero Civoncieva -35
      Josh Mcguire -22
      Matt Gillett - 23

Stop reading the newspapers, there's so much experience in that team.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
        I will reserve my judgemnt on the coach Till the players I believe are our starting centres play SKD MOGA If we dish up the same tripe that we have over the last 2 weeks then I will say sack Smith Personally I think Smith should have been the one to go last year instead of Todd Carney
        You could have God and his son Jesus Christ playing in the centre's, they will still look shite because we haven't the ability to get them ball in space, until we have a "decent, creative, consistant" set of halves and Pearce is moved to hooker to supply clean, early ball.

Surely it must take alot out of our battering rams when they are getting tackled as they receive the farken ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Morley View Post
          Whether we have the 2 starting centres or replacements should make no difference to the style of play - look at Melbourne's structure. They can have anyone slot into a spot and fill it because they all know have a set structure and plays. We have no structure to our game. We had good field position but did not threaten to cross their line. No decoy plays, no set plays

It was very disappointing seeing that display. I left with 10mins to go (and its the first time I have left an easts game early in 15 years!) I sit just outside the coaches box in Bay 14 and to see Rohan sit there for half the game with hands on head and smiling irked me to no end. As Fred said, Smith should take his useless son with him
          To be honest I am not really expecting anything different when our two starting centres play Just hoping I wanted Smith gone last year As far as I am concerned he loooks to have ****ed everything after an excellent 1st season
          We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
          Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Originally posted by pelli69 View Post
            It pains me to say but I have to agree

After the end to last season it all looked so promising for 2012

But it seems we have gone backwards in the off season
            Why do I always get blamed when we lose???

IMO Dice is right. Blame will go to the coach now, but even the great Mr Waynekerr Handshake would struggle to get ANYHING out of our 1, 6, 7 and 9.

We seriously lack ANY pace in the so-called spine. None of them take on the line, cos they're too slow. Opposition defences don't need to move up on them cos they know they don't threaten the line. Our outside men get marked Heavily cos we don't threaten inside them.

Then there is our predictable kicking game.

Our game plans look bad, but in reality the coaches have very little to work with IMO.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Whether we have the 2 starting centres or replacements should make no difference to the style of play - look at Melbourne's structure. They can have anyone slot into a spot and fill it because they all know have a set structure and plays. We have no structure to our game. We had good field position but did not threaten to cross their line. No decoy plays, no set plays

It was very disappointing seeing that display. I left with 10mins to go (and its the first time I have left an easts game early in 15 years!) I sit just outside the coaches box in Bay 14 and to see Rohan sit there for half the game with hands on head and smiling irked me to no end. As Fred said, Smith should take his useless son with him
              Beat you by 10 mins -- I knew we were cooked with 20 to go ....

Comment

reality is that we are a bottom 4 team

Comment

Between them Mini and Perret had 43 runs; it should be at best half that number. We have enough backrowers for 3 clubs and then we dont use them to tire and push the opposition. Neither Sammy or Mini place pressure on the tacklers so we get slow PTB and on the back foot straight away. Why would we buy SBW because the way things are going he would barely get a run.

Comment

We got 60 put on us in Round 3 of 2010 and we went alright that year. I was plenty pissed off with how little we showed on Sunday and I realise there is some inherent problems with the way the team is run and plenty of deadwood still around but it's Round 2 ffs. I'd rather enjoy the footy season with a bit of positivity hoping for the unexpected rather than be resigned to only winning a few games all season. Let's hope our players don't have the same attitude as most of our fans...

Comment

Our kicking game is a woeful joke, Jr Jr and Banasta inspire each other to new heights of mediocrity

I said pre season, early losses will put us on our arse and have us in spoonland all year

It's us or Parra for wood

Comment

Kennedy
                        Friend
                        Tasi
                        Guerra / Cordner / Arona / Takairangi (Jets) / Symonds (Jets) / Bosden (Jets)
                        Aubusson
                        Hargreaves

Mitchell
                        Nuuausala
                        Masoe
                        Ailaomai (Jets) / Liu (Jets) / Evans (NYC)

I would be up for giving that a go. Shift Hargreaves to lock, give him more minutes and have him doing what Myles did last year except with more impact. Nuuausala shifts back to the bench as an impact man, which allows us to bring in one of our younger big boppers. With Aubusson shifting back into the pack, that gives us 6 backrowers fighting for one spot, on the left edge with Braith and Moga (when fit). Arona is a toiler so I don't think it would be the best for him, Guerra can break the line much like Aubusson but lacks Aubbo's passing game.

Comment

Whether we have the 2 starting centres or replacements should make no difference to the style of play -
                          #####

100% correct.

Big smiling Freddy from Penrith shown on tv after the game...microphone in hand...wasn't a good look either.

Comment

The forwards need a leader.
                            The backs need some speed, footwork and height.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                              Exactly what SKD, Tagive and Moga bring.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                                We need more than one leader and at the moment we have none. Kennedy is shaping up nicely though and Jared certainly has the potential if he's shifted into a more beneficial position based upon his skills.

Moga & SKD will add some flair to the backline but the fullback position needs to be addressed quickly. This may sound strange but the win against Souffs may do us more harm than good because it has glossed over some of the massive issues that we had in that game including Mini's poor kick returns which were to quickly forgotten as he put down the ball for that winning try.

Comment

Working...
                                X