No announcement yet.

Reality is....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will reserve my judgemnt on the coach Till the players I believe are our starting centres play SKD MOGA If we dish up the same tripe that we have over the last 2 weeks then I will say sack Smith Personally I think Smith should have been the one to go last year instead of Todd Carney
    We used to have empires run by emperors. Then we had kingdoms run by kings.
    Now we have countries run by ………

Comment

Originally posted by Muffdaddy View Post
      If we improve our discipline, I think you'll see an improvement everywhere else.
      I am sooooooo sick of seeing our opponents get to the third tackle in their own 30m and then get a piggy back penalty.
      This happens way too often.

This is definitley a coaching issue.
      Or a refereeing issue!

'Everyone' hates the Roosters! don't they?

The radio and tv commentators sure seemed to all be cheering for the Panthers yesterday, the Rabbits last weeks, and anyone who plays the Roosters.

Referees?...we 'never' win a game under some of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post
        I will reserve my judgemnt on the coach Till the players I believe are our starting centres play SKD MOGA If we dish up the same tripe that we have over the last 2 weeks then I will say sack Smith Personally I think Smith should have been the one to go last year instead of Todd Carney
        Whether we have the 2 starting centres or replacements should make no difference to the style of play - look at Melbourne's structure. They can have anyone slot into a spot and fill it because they all know have a set structure and plays. We have no structure to our game. We had good field position but did not threaten to cross their line. No decoy plays, no set plays

It was very disappointing seeing that display. I left with 10mins to go (and its the first time I have left an easts game early in 15 years!) I sit just outside the coaches box in Bay 14 and to see Rohan sit there for half the game with hands on head and smiling irked me to no end. As Fred said, Smith should take his useless son with him

Comment

Originally posted by bondi-boy View Post
          If the team keeps playing like it did yesterday and loses most games...in 2 years time there'll be 'no' fans left and the club broke.

It costs fans money to attend home games [we only won 2 away games last year].
          It's been shown many times that fans won't pay to watch losing teams week after week...'rebuilding' or not.
          Titans crowds for example.

A fine day yesterday, we won last week...yet the crowd was only 12,000 or so.
          Probably be less than that next week.

These are our home games, we have to win them.
          your obviously too young to have lived through the late 80s and the nineties when we were crap.....the crowds been 12000 since 1990.
          Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

we have a game plan
            one out one out one out one out one out useless kick

Comment

Originally posted by melon.... View Post
              We are going to cop some losses this year and next. I said all along this team of kids will need at least 2-3 years before they are a force. There are key positions not filled with enough class and experience and the expectation that under 20 s can simply jump to first grade and be instant world beaters is a complete false hope. Young raw forwards need time...years.

Things take time and with this squad that means a roller coaster very week. I don't care that moga isn't there at the moment....I still think he needs time. Same for the other young guys we want to come in for other players. There are also the injuries at the moment and underdone players returning from them.

Ups and downs is what is for at least the next 2 years. Then experience and cohesion kicks in along with better players in key positions like 1 6 and 7 ( pearce or Maloney to 6 after Anasta is retired hopefully this year).... Which wont happen.

Go easts.
              With the current coach "NEVER"

He's had long enough & cannot beat a patch up team with a new coach after 3 seasons of building.

The signs are there & beleive me, Politis will be shopping if we are not in the eight mid season.
              "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Originally posted by Darkone View Post
                With the current coach "NEVER"

He's had long enough & cannot beat a patch up team with a new coach after 3 seasons of building.

The signs are there & beleive me, Politis will be shopping if we are not in the eight mid season.
                Mid Season? Thats fine. But why are people expecting to make teh top 8 tis year? Do we think we have a roster to get us there?

I predicted us finishing 10th for a reason - coaching blame aside, I dont think we are as strong as people make out - Anasta and Mini are anchors. We lack srike and effectiveness in key positions, regarding of coaching tactics.
                Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

Mid Season? Thats fine. But why are people expecting to make teh top 8 tis year? Do we think we have a roster to get us there?

I predicted us finishing 10th for a reason - coaching blame aside, I dont think we are as strong as people make out - Anasta and Mini are anchors. We lack srike and effectiveness in key positions, regarding of coaching tactics.
                  I agree Friar. The so called strong part of our team, the forwards, have just not been up to it.

the game against Souths, we got lucky. We were dominated all over the park, and people were blinded by the end result.

Yesterday was an indication, of what we are in for this season. I hope we can get 10th, because what has been dished up so far, the spoon could head our way.

Comment

I've been hearing this "we are 2-3 years away" nonsense from anyone and everyone for the past 8 seasons. In that time we've gone through 4 coaches, 7-8 halves pairings and what seems like 6-7 rebuilding phases but nothing ever changes.

The club is rotten at the board level and they infect our great club with a severe case of loseritis. We've fluked a couple good seasons in there when youthful naivety held it at bay (Freddy 08 at a coaching level, Carney 10 at a playing level) but in the end it always wins out and we fall back into a heap once more.

Time for a clean out of this club at the top IMO. Retain the current squad who are all mostly young enough to be cured, bring in a new coach and administration and see what we can actually come up with.

Comment

Completely right.

We'll be towards the bottom half of the ladder come season's end. I can't see it any other way.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi-boy View Post
                        If the team keeps playing like it did yesterday and loses most games...in 2 years time there'll be 'no' fans left and the club broke.

It costs fans money to attend home games [we only won 2 away games last year].
                        It's been shown many times that fans won't pay to watch losing teams week after week...'rebuilding' or not.
                        Titans crowds for example.

A fine day yesterday, we won last week...yet the crowd was only 12,000 or so.
                        Probably be less than that next week.

These are our home games, we have to win them.
                        Mate that is absolute garbage. There would have been about 200 Penrith fans.

I know the demographics have changed over the years but we would get at least 3000-4000 to a game over there.
                        Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

everytime we are at the goal line it seems we just try and bash our way over with forwards. and it was interesting that one of the players mentioned after the rabbitohs game that smith has had them work on forwards attacking the try line. it didn't work all last year, and it wont this year.

i believe its a coaching issue. i also heard on radio that smith doesn't like to work on fitness in the off season, he believes that it will come with game time. think johns said this.

all pointing to smith not being a coach for this era of football

Comment

As I said last year, in 2011 everything was blamed on Carney, this year everything will be blamed on Smith. It will take another year before we run out of people to blame and start addressing our real issues. That means getting rid of Mini and Anasta, and strengthening our backline which is by far the slowest and most predictable in the competition.

Comment

Reality is now very clear for those with eyes to see. This Roosters side is, and I say this unhappily, not good enough, not fit enough and badly coached. Yes, I can say this with a degree of certainty after only two rounds in 2012.
                              "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by TheLoneRooster View Post
                                Reality is now very clear for those with eyes to see. This Roosters side is, and I say this unhappily, not good enough, not fit enough and badly coached. Yes, I can say this with a degree of certainty after only two rounds in 2012.
                                It pains me to say but I have to agree

After the end to last season it all looked so promising for 2012

But it seems we have gone backwards in the off season

Comment

Working...
                                X