No announcement yet.

Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm bloody glad I didn't blow 20 dollars on the Supercoach Gold package this week.

Comment

• If the NRL or the govt cancels the season then that's the end of the NRL...and the end of rugby league.

Oh well, 1908 - 2019...with Roosters the last Premiers.

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
        If the NRL or the govt cancels the season then that's the end of the NRL...and the end of rugby league.

Nah, might be the end of the NRL as a governing body but it won't be the end of Rugby League.....

Maybe it will be still the NRL but it could be Nick's Rugby League....lol.
        Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
        What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

• So which clubs survive this and which fold if the game is over for the rest of the year?
          My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
          My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

• [QUOTE=bondi.boy;n823295]If the NRL or the govt cancels the season then that's the end of the NRL...and the end of rugby league.

the greatest game of all will always be around, it will take more than a bit of kung flu to kill rugby league.

Comment

• The sport will endure but I imagine Penrith, Sharks, Knights, Dragons and Gold Coast wont. Probably new teams or reorganised versions of old teams. The NRL are such a failure as a professional organisation. How could they leave themselves so vulnerable financially?

Comment

• Souths are probably done too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bmw06i View Post
                  Come on NRL you need to do the right thing and suspend the competition.

Health concerns are more important then money.

if the NRL doesn’t suspend it then clubs need to suspend themselves , let’s be grown up and think about the players and their family’s health.

Follow AFL’s stance.
                  Exactly. It’s such a shame we are last to set a good example for youth. Seeing players tackling is sending a confused mixed message to youth who are asked to keep a distance from others. But these guys at the NRL just seem so des$$$erate to continue until someone gets infected. Shameless and leaderless.
                  “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

• Originally posted by Bmw06i View Post
                    Come on NRL you need to do the right thing and suspend the competition.

Health concerns are more important then money.

if the NRL doesn’t suspend it then clubs need to suspend themselves , let’s be grown up and think about the players and their family’s health.

Follow AFL’s stance.
                    Why follow the AFL?

The reasoning to suspend their season is logistical only. They face far greater logistical issues than the NRL in the current climate.

If our players want to play and follow the nessesary advice on keeping themselves at minimal risk, then let them play.

I for one one and extremely grateful that we still have SOMETHING to enjoy during these dark times.
                    FVCK CANCER

Comment

• The individual states making border lockdowns seems political. We should be having a national response. I guess that's a weakness of having 3 tiers of Government.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                        The individual states making border lockdowns seems political. We should be having a national response. I guess that's a weakness of having 3 tiers of Government.
                        I will keep my answer apolitical. I don't think either side has any idea what to do regarding this China Crisis.

Comment

• I'm not stating which side I fall on in the political divide but I think Scott Morrison has handled this well. he didn't handle the fires well. but this he has.

Comment

• For anyone believing China beat the virus, we had about 60 new cases over the last 2 days in my region. After returning to work for 2 days a week for the past2 weeks we are now told to stay home this week. Hopes of schools resuming on 20 April are canceled and no idea of a return date. Restaurants and bars have remained open but business is beyond bad. I have not eaten out since late January. Expect all flights worldwide to end soon.

Comment

• Why follow the AFL ?

Lets put the health and safety of the players and their family first instead of money.

yes NRL are in a different situation then AFL but let’s not talk about the match officials from yesterday’s roosters game having lunch at a local cafe , let’s not talk about club players being at a club last night.

is that enough ? You expect players and officials to keep inline with the NRL isolation rules ?

you are kidding of you do.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                                I'm not stating which side I fall on in the political divide but I think Scott Morrison has handled this well. he didn't handle the fires well. but this he has.
                                We could have had Blinky Bill....aargh.

And PVL is the man for NRL crisis...my God that was timely. I fear Greenberg would have definitely rolled over and played dead earlier.

Comment

Working...
                                X