No announcement yet.

Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fans from other clubs saying we will be at an unfair advantage playing in front of empty stadiums, as we have experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
      Fans from other clubs saying we will be at an unfair advantage playing in front of empty stadiums, as we have experience.
      Little do they know we averaged 17k fans a game last year lol

Comment

Fans from other clubs saying we will be at an unfair advantage playing in front of empty stadiums, as we have experience.
        Thats very good Jack.

Comment

Haha....Not that simple mate unfortunately. The economic impacts could last for years after the health panic has subsided.
          Yeah point taken but the hospitals in Italy and other places now look like they were in war affected areas.

The countries managing this crisis have gone hard to stop it.

We are potentially in situation similar to a full blown war, I hope it doesn't get there and this all blows over rather mildly. But the growing evidence is suggesting that the cases and the associated critical cases requiring ICU and ventilators and deaths will start to grow exponentially unless drastic actions are taken....

​​​​​​
          Originally posted by Bondi Boy

Pathetic!
          What a rabble we are.

Oh well, maybe next year

Comment

• Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post

Yeah point taken but the hospitals in Italy and other places now look like they were in war affected areas.

The countries managing this crisis have gone hard to stop it.

We are potentially in situation similar to a full blown war, I hope it doesn't get there and this all blows over rather mildly. But the growing evidence is suggesting that the cases and the associated critical cases requiring ICU and ventilators and deaths will start to grow exponentially unless drastic actions are taken....

​​​​​​
            You get it. It is very real and the war is on. I agree the economic impact will be horrific but beating this virus and surviving it will impact most of the world.

Comment

Have they actually read attendance figures?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post

You get it. It is very real and the war is on. I agree the economic impact will be horrific but beating this virus and surviving it will impact most of the world.
                If their the cards your dealt then so be it. I reckon the kids in Syria have got it worse.

Comment

• Playing before an empty stadium? But atmosphere is half the game. It just seems like bread without butter. Can you imagine a GF played to an empty stadium? It’s just not Rugby League.
                  “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

• Originally posted by roosterchook View Post
                    Playing before an empty stadium? But atmosphere is half the game. It just seems like bread without butter. Can you imagine a GF played to an empty stadium? It’s just not Rugby League.
                    It won't come to that because the season will not last. Once players catch it, it is game over and already 2 Sharks players have just undergone testing.

Comment

• crazy times these

Comment

• Originally posted by zac View Post

Have they actually read attendance figures?!
                        Most of these people can't read figures.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                          Most of these people can't read figures.
                          and they think Leichhardt or Brooky 2/3 full is a bigger crowd that the SFS half full.

Comment

• Empty stadiums will take all the crowd calls out of the equation. Certain clubs may struggle without their regular piggybacks.

Comment

• Bronson Xerri being tested apparently.

I'm still waiting for a "No it's the flu, but not the big C".

Surely that's possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                                So I reckon at some point the season is highly likely to be suspended for at least a month.

Do the NRL reschedule games or just not play them? If the season gets pushed back I reckon the Kangaroo tour will be cancelled.

We could be looking at a GF in November.
                                The current cricket season will still be going in November.

Comment

Working...
                                X