Latrell 0% chance of being at the club in 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnysekret View Post

Adam will play centre if Mitchell is at #1.

Bennett thinks the world of him and he will be there somewhere.
    How do you know what Bennett thinks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tennessee Tornado View Post
      What has been the driver behind this decision? Money? Full-Back? Indigenous Club? Could it be something else?

The Roosters are a club that rarely lose players they want to keep. Latrell was on top of the world...why let him go without a fight?

Most players seem to love playing for the club and bleed for it...Latrell obviously doesn't. He seemed disinterested most of the season. Was it always his plan to eventually play for Souths?

I believe that behind the scenes (probably when he made a handshake deal with Souths around the same time as the Tigers Game) there was a massive falling out with Latrell and the rest of the team.

Watch the post-game celebrations on Grand Final night., Latrell spends very little time with the rest of the team.
      If it's true as you suggest Souffs were getting inside his head early in the season, then our back to back championship achievement is even more impressive. What a strong club to brush aside this brash (and illegal) attempt by Crowe/Bennett to white ant our organisation. No wonder Fat Russ threw his toys out of the cot so hard on social media after we became back to back champs.

Comment

What has been the driver behind this decision? Money? Full-Back? Indigenous Club? Could it be something else?
        I suspect Matt Rose was the driver.
        He seems ambitious and there may be history between the Roses and the Roosters since George was cut by the club.
        ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

• Amazing how everyone on here seems to be accepting this 2pm announcement as fact. I honestly just want all this to be over. A shame to lose him but what lengths do we want to go to keep a player who doesn't want to stay?
          #InRobboWeTrust

Comment

• Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
            I suspect Matt Rose was the driver.
            He seems ambitious and there may be history between the Roses and the Roosters since George was cut by the club.
            I know the Roses personally and they have a distinct dislike of the Roosters

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

I know the Roses personally and they have a distinct dislike of the Roosters
              That's their problem I guess.

The Roosters will continue to re-invest in young players and develop them into quality first graders.

This is a massive opportunity for Billy Smith. From what I've seen of him he looks like a potential star. Whether he is ready for a full season in firsts is another thing.

For this reason I hope the club is seriously looking at Josh Morris. He is a quality centre and will fill the gap for a season. Would be a great story if both brothers retire wearing the tricolours.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

How do you know what Bennett thinks?
                I don't know what he thinks, I know what he said about Adam D. I am assuming he was telling the truth as I see no advantage in him lying to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2013PREMIERS View Post
                  Amazing how everyone on here seems to be accepting this 2pm announcement as fact. I honestly just want all this to be over. A shame to lose him but what lengths do we want to go to keep a player who doesn't want to stay?
                  Well nothing is a fact until it happens, but it's what I have been told from someone who should know.

Comment

Chricton grew up as a Rooster fan and always wanted to play for them.

Mitchell grew up as a Rabbitoh fan and always wanted to play for them. It happens.

He is also passionate about indigenous causes and sees a lot more opportunity for involvement in this area at Souths.
                    Fullback is also a factor, money really isn't.

Comment

Mitchell grew up as a Rabbitoh fan and always wanted to play for them. It happens.

He is also passionate about indigenous causes and sees a lot more opportunity for involvement in this area at Souths.
                      Agree with above, but it just seems unusual that the Roosters would let a potential superstar go so easily.

There has to be more to it than the above.

Comment

This notion is absolute nonsense.

Latrell Mitchell, or any player with such a high profile, will determine the extent of their involvement within the Indigneous community through their own actions and effort. It has nothing to do with club affiliation.

That's just a lazy excuse at best and a poor play of the race card at worst.

Did Johnathan Thurston need the self annointed Indigneous club to hold his hand when helping out with Indigneous causes?

Message to Latrell. Or anyone. If you want to help the Indigneous community then get out there and help. Be hands on. You define the extent of your involvement.

Not which club you play for. Or who you work for. That's just window dressing and a cop out.

Comment

• hate to say it, but i agree with johnny sekret on the above , latrell mitchells heart lay elsewhere abd at times played like it, i cant say i wish him the best , but i actually prefer to see him at souffs then brisbane or melbourne, anyways hopefully its all done and dusted later today or over the weekend.

Comment

I don't know what he thinks, I know what he said about Adam D. I am assuming he was telling the truth as I see no advantage in him lying to me.
                            You can’t believe a word the fossil says but yes Adam D is a good player so surely Bennett is a fan.

Comment

What absolute garbage, money is what caused the initial rift with the Roosters, he had a horde of play managers and family telling him how underpaid he was during last offseason which unsettled him.

Getting paid now so he can leave Sydney and get back to Taree by age 30 is a massive factor for Latrell.

Comment

• Originally posted by fletch View Post

What absolute garbage, money is what caused the initial rift with the Roosters, he had a horde of play managers and family telling him how underpaid he was during last offseason which unsettled him.

Getting paid now so he can leave Sydney and get back to Taree by age 30 is a massive factor for Latrell.
                                And yet, he'll end up signing for Souffs for at best the 800k we offered him after turning down 1m+ from the Tigers.

He's either a liar or plain stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X