Latrell 0% chance of being at the club in 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latrell 0% chance of being at the club in 2021

An emotional Latrell Mitchell has met with Sydney Roosters powerbrokers and they have confirmed the club no longer has the salary cap room to retain him past the 2020 season.

The Daily Telegraph reported on Tuesday night that Mitchell “wept” in a meeting with coach Trent Robinson as it became clear his long-term future lies away from the Bondi-based club.

Last month, the Roosters famously pulled their $800,000 per season offer to Mitchell which would have made him the highest-paid centre in the premiership.

Be pretty stupid if we spent $800k without signing anybody, while offloading a player worth $800k.

Just saying. Doubt the Tele's got any inside mail...

Comment

Sad news, if true.

Comment

His contract for 2020 is still in the cap for next year.

The $800k+ offer for 2021 that was pulled has $500 left apparently.
        ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
          His contract for 2020 is still in the cap for next year.

The $800k+ offer for 2021 that was pulled has $500 left apparently.
          If true, I betcha Souffs sign him at a cut price... say $600k.

Conspiracy but maybe this was all a ruse to make sure Souffs didn't get their hands on SST and JWH? Thinking:
          - We knew they were gonna get one of them.
          - JWH and SST were both golden boot contenders and their form deserved a raise. Say what you like about Latrell... those 2 laid the platform for all our key victories this season. Souffs and the Raiders (even teams like NQ) have intimidating packs and no matter how good a centre is, they're farked if our forwards get dominated... we need these guys to protect us from the likes of Papalii and Taumalolo rampaging down the middle for 250+ metres).
          - We offered Latrell a loyalty contract... possibly an insight into how Nick does deals with other players (old car sales trick?) Sign today and you'll get the shiny red Falcon with the V8, leather seats, sports rims and a sunroof for $10k off our usual price. Come back tomorrow and all I'll have a factory, white Camry for $10k more. How about I get you a complimentary cognac and a cigar while you decide? Paperwork's here when you're ready...

Comment

Something doesn't add up.
            We have lost Cronk and Tets and we bought Flanno and upgraded Manu, SST and JWH. I actually doubt JWH got an upgrade but just an extension based on his age and judiciary record.
            We also have Morris, Maubs and possibly Hall gone after next year and no guarantee that Butcher and Friend will be offered new contracts although likely.
            But we have no money left for Trell.
            We must have a big signing locked up for 2021 if we don't have any money left for Trell.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post
              We have lost Cronk and Tets and we bought Flanno and upgraded Manu, SST and JWH. I actually doubt JWH got an upgrade but just an extension based on his age and judiciary record.
              We also have Morris, Maubs and possibly Hall gone after next year and no guarantee that Butcher and Friend will be offered new contracts although likely.
              We must have a big signing locked up for 2021 if we don't have any money left for Trell.
              They have money for Latrell , They no longer want to spend that money on Latrell .Simple do not shite in your own nest.

Comment

2020 is all I am worried about. 2021 is a season too far away
                ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Dear oh dear. Of course they have the money, they just don’t want him anymore. They have told him the money is no longer there, where in fact they are saying it’s no longer there for you. They have too much class to turn around and say “We don’t want you”.

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post

Dear oh dear. Of course they have the money, they just don’t want him anymore. They have told him the money is no longer there, where in fact they are saying it’s no longer there for you. They have too much class to turn around and say “We don’t want you”.
                    Thanks for that.
                    I should have known that there are a few here that know the insides of our club especially the salary cap.

My thinking was that with a few stars available in 2021 (the likes of Fifita, Wighton, Bateman etc.) that Uncle Nick would not waste time and allow others to negotiate with them while we wait on a decision by Trell.
                    But hey I know SFA about how Uncle Nick would think or how our cap works.

Comment

Thanks for that.
                      I should have known that there are a few here that know the insides of our club especially the salary cap.

My thinking was that with a few stars available in 2021 (the likes of Fifita, Wighton, Bateman etc.) that Uncle Nick would not waste time and allow others to negotiate with them while we wait on a decision by Trell.
                      But hey I know SFA about how Uncle Nick would think or how our cap works.
                      No one was saying they no about the salary cap or inside knowledge of the Roosters or saying you don't , they where simply answering the part about Latrell.
                      Absolutely no offence intended.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

If true, I betcha Souffs sign him at a cut price... say $600k.

Conspiracy but maybe this was all a ruse to make sure Souffs didn't get their hands on SST and JWH? Thinking:
                        - We knew they were gonna get one of them.
                        - JWH and SST were both golden boot contenders and their form deserved a raise. Say what you like about Latrell... those 2 laid the platform for all our key victories this season. Souffs and the Raiders (even teams like NQ) have intimidating packs and no matter how good a centre is, they're farked if our forwards get dominated... we need these guys to protect us from the likes of Papalii and Taumalolo rampaging down the middle for 250+ metres).
                        - We offered Latrell a loyalty contract... possibly an insight into how Nick does deals with other players (old car sales trick?) Sign today and you'll get the shiny red Falcon with the V8, leather seats, sports rims and a sunroof for $10k off our usual price. Come back tomorrow and all I'll have a factory, white Camry for $10k more. How about I get you a complimentary cognac and a cigar while you decide? Paperwork's here when you're ready...
                        I think he'd go OS before singing a contract for $600k (although OS is very far from Taree and we all know the family won't allow this cause it will be too hard to bludge off him if he is OS).

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

No one was saying they no about the salary cap or inside knowledge of the Roosters or saying you don't , they where simply answering the part about Latrell.
                          Absolutely no offence intended.
                          All good mate.

I just believe that money is locked up. It has gone on too long for Uncle Nick and Robbo to sit on their hands and give opportunities to other clubs to sign some of the decent players available. I doubt the latest interview swayed them.

Comment

All good mate.

I just believe that money is locked up. It has gone on too long for Uncle Nick and Robbo to sit on their hands and give opportunities to other clubs to sign some of the decent players available. I doubt the latest interview swayed them.
                            I believe the money is still there. The Roosters would always keep some in reserve. Also, I’d say they would be looking at some of the young guys coming through who if they perform well next season might be in line for an upgrade too.

Comment

p.s. Who knows Izzy might be on the radar.

Comment

Working...
                              X