Latrell 0% chance of being at the club in 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAF View Post

And he nor the Vermim will be scoring many tries, so will definitely not be the top point scorer next year ...
    Looking at that potential Rabbitohs backline I think they'll score more tries than anyone. The highlights reel will be spectacular.

But they'll concede their fair share too. And highlight reels don't win Premierships. Defence does and that's why I think the Rabbitohs will fall short when it matters.

When you look at our defence to win the past two comps - vs Souffs in the 2018 Prelim, wave after wave withstood, and vs the Storm and Raiders in 2019 with the greatest display of grit and defence I've ever seen - that's what it takes.

Think of Teddy's tackle on Brandon Smith vs the Storm. Incredible. THAT is what it takes.

As a team there's no way this Souffs bunch have the requisite combination of grit, determination, discipline and decision making under pressure to replicate what we did. And make no mistake about it, they'll be required to show it when it matters most.

Can you imagine Walker, Gagai, Roberts, Reynolds, and Latrell defending like we did with the blowtorch applied? Not a chance.

Even Damien Cook seems to crumble in the finals and was trampled by Papalii in the Prelim. In contrast Big Nelson tried to run over Friend in a big moment in the 2018 GF. Jake poleaxed him.

We have proven we can own the big moments. We've owned all of them the past two years where as Souffs have crumbled those same years. Is Latrell gonna change that when he's a follower not a leader?

Again don't be fooled into thinking that Souffs with Latrell won't be lethal on their day. They'll put 40+ on loads of teams. But equally Souffs fans would be foolish to think that they have the defence and onfield leadership to come up big in the finals.

I can even see them being walloped in a big game ala the Broncos last year. If it starts going wrong, watch them implode.
    Last edited by Tommy Smith; 01-12-2020, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
      Looking at that potential Rabbitohs backline I think they'll score more tries than anyone. The highlights reel will be spectacular.

But they'll concede their fair share too. And highlight reels don't win Premierships. Defence does and that's why I think the Rabbitohs will fall short when it matters.

When you look at our defence to win the past two comps - vs Souffs in the 2018 Prelim, wave after wave withstood, and vs the Storm and Raiders in 2019 with the greatest display of grit and defence I've ever seen - that's what it takes.

Think of Teddy's tackle on Brandon Smith vs the Storm. Incredible. THAT is what it takes.

As a team there's no way this Souffs bunch have the requisite combination of grit, determination, discipline and decision making under pressure to replicate what we did. And make no mistake about it, they'll be required to show it when it matters most.

Can you imagine Walker, Gagai, Roberts, Reynolds, and Latrell defending like we did with the blowtorch applied? Not a chance.

Even Damien Cook seems to crumble in the finals and was trampled by Papalii in the Prelim. In contrast Big Nelson tried to run over Friend in a big moment in the 2018 GF. Jake poleaxed him.

We have proven we can own the big moments. We've owned all of them the past two years where as Souffs have crumbled those same years. Is Latrell gonna change that when he's a follower not a leader?

Again don't be fooled into thinking that Souffs with Latrell won't be lethal on their day. They'll put 40+ on loads of teams. But equally Souffs fans would be foolish to think that they have the defence and onfield leadership to come up big in the finals.

I can even see them being walloped in a big game ala the Broncos last year. If it starts going wrong, watch them implode.
      100% agree with all of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollus View Post

How would it cost them more? We are the ones paying him the longer this goes on. Souths hold the cards here unless we are happy to pay him to not play this season just to spite Souths. I can’t see us doing that so as painful as it may be we will be the ones who cave handing a cut price deal to the scum!
        Correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hawkeye View Post

No problem there ….if he were to injure himself with a fancy touchdown, Souffs could just medically retire him and get the cap space back !
          Yes but, I (he) would only earn $580,000 for 2020 and my career would be over.
          I'd be signing with Tigers and getting the 4 yr deal on big money.
          But then again I would've taken the Roosters $800,000 for 3 or 4 yrs if possible.
          He's not me, he wants to go to the Indigenous club for one year for a reduced amount and take the risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollus View Post

How would it cost them more? We are the ones paying him the longer this goes on. Souths hold the cards here unless we are happy to pay him to not play this season just to spite Souths. I can’t see us doing that so as painful as it may be we will be the ones who cave handing a cut price deal to the scum!
            It's the principal of it.
            If we cave we'll look like chumps, suckers, fools, and they'll laugh at us forevermore.
            Then players will be lining up t do the same to us.
            There's plenty of money, just take it out of the $30 million we earn every season.
            Cut back for one year.
            Backend a contract or two somewhere
            We must not give in.
            Never give up!

Comment

• Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

It's the principal of it.
              If we cave we'll look like chumps, suckers, fools, and they'll laugh at us forevermore.
              Then players will be lining up t do the same to us.
              There's plenty of money, just take it out of the $30 million we earn every season.
              Cut back for one year.
              Backend a contract or two somewhere
              We must not give in.
              Never give up!
              BB dont be silly. The Roosters heirachy know more to all of this than any of us & he is gone from the club & they dont care one bit if some uninformed boof head thinks they are chumps, suckers, fools & they will be laugh at forever. They are B2B Premiers & a good chance of a 3Peat if they have the luck of injuries.The Roosters are the most successful club since the introduction of the NRL. I know who is laughing at who.

Comment

• The Roosters have been taking Souths players for years. We have got one now that's a little better than Shannon Heggarty. Latrell will thrive at Souths.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guru38 View Post
                  The Roosters have been taking Souths players for years. We have got one now that's a little better than Shannon Heggarty. Latrell will thrive at Souths.
                  I hope for his sake he does thrive but he certainly has given up his chances of another premiership with such a move.
                  FVCK CANCER

Comment

The Roosters have been taking Souths players for years. We have got one now that's a little better than Shannon Heggarty. Latrell will thrive at Souths.
                    The first bit yes.
                    The second bit yes.
                    The third bit, it will be interesting to see what happens. I think he will play exactly the same for Souths as he did for the MIGHTY ROOSTERS that means he will still be a game breaker but you Souths supporters will also be calling for his head when he go's missing. Thats the sort of player he is. Good luck to you Souths people/club for signing him, I cant wait for Rd 3.

Comment

• I must admit, I think he should have stayed with the Roosters, forget my rugby league hate for them but I do think Souths will be a good ft and looking forward to having him at the club. Wasn't handled great but a lot of contracts aren't. I don't think he will be far off another premiership. Round 3 will be a cracker

Comment

I must admit, I think he should have stayed with the Roosters, forget my rugby league hate for them but I do think Souths will be a good ft and looking forward to having him at the club. Wasn't handled great but a lot of contracts aren't. I don't think he will be far off another premiership. Round 3 will be a cracker
                        They're due for one in 2057.

Comment

• rooster will lose in round 3 , possibly lose last premiership round to south's, and win in the finals , unless it's 2014.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

BB dont be silly. The Roosters heirachy know more to all of this than any of us & he is gone from the club & they dont care one bit if some uninformed boof head thinks they are chumps, suckers, fools & they will be laugh at forever. They are B2B Premiers & a good chance of a 3Peat if they have the luck of injuries.The Roosters are the most successful club since the introduction of the NRL. I know who is laughing at who.
                            Well said Mick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post

I definitely agree with this. I looked at their predicted lineup 2020 on nrl.com and even with Mitchell in it, their forward pack makes the side look quite thin. Their bench is also trash.

On another note, with James Roberts and Latrell Mitchell in the same side it will be very interesting who wins in the neck and neck race for the laziest NRL player award for 2020
                              Last edited by QWERTY; 01-12-2020, 06:04 PM.
                              EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Working...
                              X