No announcement yet.

Locking down Latrell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It concerns me that his family are souths supporters and also hope Inglis doesn't start getting into his ear for a lot of reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce 38-0 View Post
      I am hearing by round 9 from a Souffs supporter who often gets things right.
      Good. He won’t be able to tear us a new one like he did when we last paid Brisbane at Suncorp.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
        The comment by Latrell after the Anzac day match about things off field were a bit worrying. I wonder if its some assholes trying to convince him he must play for souths if he is indigenous.
        I would hate for him to go there, he would spiral down hill in that environment and end up fat and lazy.
        Only Latrell knows what his personal issues are. It might have nothing to do with football. It could be his relationship. It could be something to do with what happened in Taree. Who knows? Hopefully he still feels the same as when he decided to play the indigenous game. He said he loved the Roosters and wanted to play for them till the day he died. That was only a couple of months back. I can’t see how things could change that much in such a short period of time. I am just concerned that if his management is in disarray it could hinder us resigning him for a while. Let’s just hope he still loves the Chooks and it is still home to him. I think Robbo is a big factor in resigning him too. Robbo has guided him in his career so far and will be very influential in resigning him.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoosterRooster View Post
          It concerns me that his family are souths supporters and also hope Inglis doesn't start getting into his ear for a lot of reasons.
          I would be very surprised if anyone in his immediate family were souths supporters after the way they treated his father. He ended up sleeping on Maroubra beach until he was taken in by an Easts man
          The Internet is a place for posting silly things
          Try and be serious and you will look stupid
          sigpic

Comment

• NRL 360 reports that James Roberts could be with Souths in the next couple of weeks.

Comment

• On Sunrise on Channel 7 this morning a sports report that the Rabbits are making a bid to sign Latrell with Inglis money. Stated Latrells advisors are urging him to make the move. Seriously, for a start he’s contracted to the Chooks until the end of 2020. Also, how on earth would he be better off going there. He hasn’t shown any signs of not being happy here. OMG the press makes me sick how they make a story out of rumours with no substance. Oh well, I guess all this might make the powers that be at the Chooks get a move on and resign him soon. Hopefully!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
                On Sunrise on Channel 7 this morning a sports report that the Rabbits are making a bid to sign Latrell with Inglis money. Stated Latrells advisors are urging him to make the move. Seriously, for a start he’s contracted to the Chooks until the end of 2020. Also, how on earth would he be better off going there. He hasn’t shown any signs of not being happy here. OMG the press makes me sick how they make a story out of rumours with no substance. Oh well, I guess all this might make the powers that be at the Chooks get a move on and resign him soon. Hopefully!
                Hopefully no where near the amount being bandied around, no centre is worth that sort of money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arties Pie View Post

Hopefully no where near the amount being bandied around, no centre is worth that sort of money.
                  Exactly! I hope his management not trying stoop low as DCE situation. Latrell is a special player but don't underestimate our club's young players development. Eg Manu

Comment

• Latrell should want to be at the roosters. If he just takes the money at Souths then he is not worth keeping. He has been with us through our junior ranks so we expect some loyalty from him. (unlike RTS)

Comment

• I recall in preseason that Latrell got a new Indigenous manager?

He probably thinks Souffs are the Indigenous club and all black fellas should play there.

Quite ridiculous to be so hung up on skin colour.

We are the club of Artie Beetson afterall.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                        I recall in preseason that Latrell got a new Indigenous manager?

He probably thinks Souffs are the Indigenous club and all black fellas should play there.

Quite ridiculous to be so hung up on skin colour.

We are the club of Artie Beetson afterall.
                        His manager is Matt Rose, older brother of George Rose. I'm sure they will shop him around and take him wherever they feel they can get the best deal like any other manager.

Equally, I'm sure our club will do everything in it's power to retain him. If that means the Roosters forge closer ties with the indigenous community that can only be a good thing

Comment

• Contracts mean nothing. If he wants to go he will go. Certainly Latrell is a star player. I am sure we will try to keep him but not at ANY price. We will make him a realistic offer which at this stage of his career is probably around $600K. Certainly he does some brilliant things but he makes plenty of mistakes as well and his involvement at times needs to improve. If MONEY is his prime motivation then he will get better offers, but there could be more to it.

Maybe his family wants him at Souths, maybe his management is telling him the same thing. Certainly the indigenous influence Souths seem to have could be a factor. He is still immature so the grass may look greener somewhere else. Logically you would hope that more factors than money would come into any decision. But if he doesn't want to be here for whatever reason then we should let him go. It would be a huge disappointment because the club has but a lot of work into him over the past 5 years and I think it would reflect badly on him but so be it. I think it would be a decision he would regret, but in saying that I have never heard him say how much he loves the club or thinks he owes us anything.

Like many young players he seems to have a problem accepting criticism or discipline in some cases. Maybe he is getting a bit too big for his boots. Maybe he thinks he is worth more than Tedesco or Cronk, or Keary. Who knows, but we can't sacrifice team harmony by paying one player OVERS because that is like a VIRUS which will spread through other players who perceive they are under valued or not fully appreciated. It's a fine line and I trust the club to make the right decision.

There is no way you can LOCK DOWN any player. They have to choose where they want to be.
                          Last edited by NorfolkStreetKid; 04-30-2019, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• It would kill me to lose Latrell...he is becoming my fave all time rooster
                            to Add to it .zThe Ingliss money has not been cleared by the NRL yet
                            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

• Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                              Contracts mean nothing. If he wants to go he will go. Certainly Latrell is a star player. I am sure we will try to keep him but not at ANY price. We will make him a realistic offer which at this stage of his career is probably around $600K. Certainly he does some brilliant things but he makes plenty of mistakes as well and his involvement at times needs to improve. If MONEY is his prime motivation then he will get better offers, but there could be more to it.

Maybe his family wants him at Souths, maybe his management is telling him the same thing. Certainly the indigenous influence Souths seem to have could be a factor. He is still immature so the grass may look greener somewhere else. Logically you would hope that more factors than money would come into any decision. But if he doesn't want to be here for whatever reason then we should let him go. It would be a huge disappointment because the club has but a lot of work into him over the past 5 years and I think it would reflect badly on him but so be it. I think it would be a decision he would regret, but in saying that I have never heard him say how much he loves the club or thinks he owes us anything.

Like many young players he seems to have a problem accepting criticism or discipline in some cases. Maybe he is getting a bit too big for his boots. Maybe he thinks he is worth more than Tedesco or Cronk, or Keary. Who knows, but we can't sacrifice team harmony by paying one player OVERS because that is like a VIRUS which will spread through other players who perceive they are under valued or not fully appreciated. It's a fine line and I trust the club to make the right decision.

There is no way you can LOCK DOWN any player. They have to choose where they want to be.
                              IF money is his prime motivator, his on field performances will stagnate. And never reach his potential.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                                Contracts mean nothing. If he wants to go he will go. Certainly Latrell is a star player. I am sure we will try to keep him but not at ANY price. We will make him a realistic offer which at this stage of his career is probably around $600K. Certainly he does some brilliant things but he makes plenty of mistakes as well and his involvement at times needs to improve. If MONEY is his prime motivation then he will get better offers, but there could be more to it.

If you think $600k is reasonable for Latrell, then you're kidding yourself. He's a genuine superstar and a match winner. He will get much more than that on his next deal. To put it into perspective, Manly have apparently offered Gutherson around the $700k mark, you seriously think we can sign Latrell for $100k less than that?

Comment

Working...
                                X