X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serenader
    started a topic Locking down Latrell

Locking down Latrell

Uncle Nick needs to move quick on this now. Get it done nice and early, as the LOL would love nothing more than to jag his signature. I know Lats has said in the past that he wants to remain a Rooster, but money talks.....

Thoughts?

• mattyh
    replied
    im just advising caution re latrell, ill give him a discount for his age and all, but im seeing a lot of gi, hayne type player who can excite and disappoint in equal measure. is he a matchwinner ? undoubtedly , no dispute, my concern is how often that will be. but i do have full trust in this club to make the correct decision, whichever way it lands, latrell will not find a better club to cater to his needs then this one. if he wants away, good luck , he is indeed a raare talent.

Leave a comment:

• rented tracksuit
    replied
    Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post

Chambers beat Latrell in the psychological battle. That was worth a lot to QLD. Quite pivotal, I think.
    lattell has owned him for quite a while now. If Chambers get a psychological victory from takling Latrell while slipping then good luck to him as heís probably in for a mental breakdown next time they play.

Leave a comment:

• Headless Chook
    replied
    Mitchell wasn't at his best but the criticism has been way over the top, same as the bashing Walker has copped. Why hasn't the blow torch been placed on the NSW forward pack who got absolutely dominated in the second half and failed to lay any sort of platform for their halves and outside backs? Aside from Klemmer and to a lesser extent Vaughan in his first stint, NSW had nobody willing to roll their sleeves up and take on the Qld pack. I would have had another big bopper on the bench instead of Gus if I was picking the team, even if it was someone like Tariq Sims. It was massive ask picking Haas and expecting him to lead the line in his 11th top grade game and the kid just wasn't up to it. No doubt he will be our next Glenn Lazarus but so much pressure for someone so inexperienced. Freddie, Brandy and Buderus need to man up and admit they got the selections and bench rotation wrong instead of throwing their players under the bus

Leave a comment:

• player 1
    replied
    Originally posted by OMR View Post
    Give the man a fair go. Iíd love to see lattrell retire as a one club man, Iíve said it before and Iíll say it again, heís a special talent that needs mentoring. Trent &co are the right personnel to see him achieve whatís heís capable of .
    As far as SOO goes, Addo Carr and Walker weíre diabolical in defence which left Mitchell stranded and lost at times.
    Qld woke up at halftime and realised that unless they slow us down in the ruck, Cook and JT were going to shred them apart, and slow us down they did. 3-4 in a tackle, flopping on tackles players etc... thatís why our forwards were dominated in the second half and our backs couldnít do a thing.
    I definitely noticed that - often the Qld third tackler would not only flop on to the other 2 after tackle was completed (worth a penalty alone), but would then proceed to roll over the top of the other 2 tacklers. Quite farcical but it happens every year.

Leave a comment:

• Salvatori Grubber
    replied
    Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

I though Addo-Carr was rather ordinary and Chambers best effort was a hit on a falling Latrell. None were outstanding except for Gagai who is very much entrenched as a regular origin superstar. He could turn up blindfolded and still find the line but letís face it, he was up against 3-4 other brothers who were well below par.
    Chambers beat Latrell in the psychological battle. That was worth a lot to QLD. Quite pivotal, I think.

Leave a comment:

• OMR
    replied
    Give the man a fair go. Iíd love to see lattrell retire as a one club man, Iíve said it before and Iíll say it again, heís a special talent that needs mentoring. Trent &co are the right personnel to see him achieve whatís heís capable of .
    As far as SOO goes, Addo Carr and Walker weíre diabolical in defence which left Mitchell stranded and lost at times.
    Qld woke up at halftime and realised that unless they slow us down in the ruck, Cook and JT were going to shred them apart, and slow us down they did. 3-4 in a tackle, flopping on tackles players etc... thatís why our forwards were dominated in the second half and our backs couldnít do a thing.

Leave a comment:

• novice chook
    replied
    Fittler is entitled to have his opinion on Latrell, but should not have bought the Roosters into it in any way shape or form.

Sad thing is Fittler is using Latrell as a scapegoat for his own selection shocker in placing defensively challenged Walker inside Latrell. Walker should never have been in the side in the first place. His game is just not suited to Origin.

And I notice there was no mention in public of the underwhelming performance of the golden boy No. 7. No, instead we have the insistence that he performed very well. Fittler, Gould, Brandy & co have all got his back, and I have no doubt he will be there for the rest of the series, going through the motions and delivering very little.

Those looking for Latrell for being consistent from week to week will be waiting a long time and ultimately disappointed. Since he came into grade he has been all over the place from week to week - focused in games for 80 minutes one week, 20 minutes the next, 60 minutes the next. That's Latrell. I suspect Trent and the Chooks know that and accept it for what it is, given his worst is better than many others' best.

What Latrell and his manager do need to be careful with is his future. If he decides to leave the Chooks for big money and ends up at a club that doesn't understand him or look out for him like he's been used to, he may come crashing down in a big heap. Latrell has always been high maintenance, and the Chooks have bent over backwards to accommodate him. Another club may not be so flexible.

Leave a comment:

• rented tracksuit
    replied
    Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post

Except for Gagai, Chambers and Addo-Carr, u mean.

But it I hear ya - I reckon this might be where some of Freddyís anger is stemming: if Walker and co were more focussed, perhaps the occasion wouldnít have got to them. Which has a smidge of merit, but even then itís a cop-out as in the end it was Freddy and his nepotistic ways that had us ill-equipped to play footy. Not 1 professional coach in his entourage.
    I though Addo-Carr was rather ordinary and Chambers best effort was a hit on a falling Latrell. None were outstanding except for Gagai who is very much entrenched as a regular origin superstar. He could turn up blindfolded and still find the line but letís face it, he was up against 3-4 other brothers who were well below par.

Leave a comment:

• Salvatori Grubber
    replied
    Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

I found it interesting that almost all the indigenous boys who tried to make a political statement by not recognizing the anthem pretty much had bludgers. Almost like their heads were elsewhere. What shame when they could have really stood up on the biggest stage.
    Except for Gagai, Chambers and Addo-Carr, u mean.

But it I hear ya - I reckon this might be where some of Freddyís anger is stemming: if Walker and co were more focussed, perhaps the occasion wouldnít have got to them. Which has a smidge of merit, but even then itís a cop-out as in the end it was Freddy and his nepotistic ways that had us ill-equipped to play footy. Not 1 professional coach in his entourage.

Leave a comment:

• Salvatori Grubber
    replied
    Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
    I can understand the frustration by some on here at what Freddie said, and perhaps at the way he said it. However, how many of us on here think the same thing about Latrell atm? As a Roosters great, former captain, and Roosters fan, Freddie is entitled to share his opinions when asked a question
    Freddy has a shocker on Wed night. He picked a dud squad and lacked the strategic nous to do a job. His bench rotation was diabolical.

Leave a comment:

• RoosterChick
    replied
    Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Walker does great individual stuff at Souths but is no team man.
    That sums him up. Not a team player. Even when he was interviewed after the match it was I, me, I, me.

Leave a comment:

• zac
    replied
    Blaming the Blues' loss on the fact that some of the indigenous boys didn't sing the national anthem is absurd.

You could equally argue that the Maroons won because their indigenous boys didn't sing the anthem.

The Blues lost by 4 points at Lang Park (by no means their biggest loss there) and whether or not they sang a song had nothing to do with it.

Leave a comment:

• rented tracksuit
    replied
    Originally posted by Kingbilly View Post
    Walker like many Souths players does well in the NRL but can't step up. I give him some credit though for not having a hissy fit himself and is handling it well.
    Fittler I worry is getting even loonier
    I too worry about Freddy and Iím not even convinced he should be coaching at this level.

Leave a comment:

• Kingbilly
    replied
    Walker like many Souths players does well in the NRL but can't step up. I give him some credit though for not having a hissy fit himself and is handling it well.
    Fittler I worry is getting even loonier

Leave a comment:

Working...
X