Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Locking down Latrell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Its laughable when I read a posting on here that claims a player is being paid X amount of dollars or that player Y is worth $700 & not $1M or that the Chooks are signing a big name player. No one on here would have any idea what players are actually getting paid or who the club is negotiating with, its just all speculation.
    Let the CEO's & the players worry about what they are being paid or whos coming to the club otherwise it is just all here say.

    Comment


    • Fwiw (probably not much) I saw a post on IG last week where someone commented on a Latrell picture (posted on Clarky’s or something) saying that ‘he deserves to be the highest paid player in the game’.

      Latrell’s own dad replied, saying ‘I agree’.
      Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post

        I will give you credit for actually reading my post, which I think was quite measured, but you may have been in such a hurry to criticize it that you missed where I said AT THIS STAGE of his career. I think he is on $500K right now under his present contract, maybe that's unders and he deserves an upgrade, but he is signed til then end of NEXT year at that money. I also think I praised him as a STAR player, who can do brilliant things but still has a lot to improve on. If you think he is worth $1.2 MILLION that's fine , but I disagree for the reasons I also posted.
        Yeah and I said you're kidding if you think he's only worth $600k a year AT THIS STAGE of his career. I think he's a $1m a season player and I'm sure that's what he will be asking for on his next deal. I can't think of too many young players in the game who are genuine match winners, can kick goals and are as marketable as Latrell. He's 21yo and close to the face of the game already and will only get better as he matures. If we could lock him in for the next 5 years at $1m or thereabouts a year I think it would be money well spent

        Comment


        • Originally posted by top_joe View Post

          I agree, and think we are getting worth, and market value mixed up. He is not worth the above figure when we are paying less for Cronk, and Storm are probably paying less for Smith.

          His market value might be around that, as silly clubs will pay silly amounts, like Titans paying a reported $1m for Ash Taylor.

          We are also probably jumping at ghosts as well.
          If a club wants to pay ovets for a match winner...they will have a look a mitch pearce mk2 Hunt...whats Teddy worth now?
          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
            Fwiw (probably not much) I saw a post on IG last week where someone commented on a Latrell picture (posted on Clarky’s or something) saying that ‘he deserves to be the highest paid player in the game’.

            Latrell’s own dad replied, saying ‘I agree’.
            As amazing as Lattrell is, I would still be paying Teddy a bit more.
            Sco-mo...Sco-mo...Sco-mo...

            Comment


            • We have the best recruitment & retention in the game by miles. We pay unders. I trust them not to pay overs to keep Latrell. So if he does go we shouldn't be too upset about it. That being said, I think he will stay.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                We have the best recruitment & retention in the game by miles. We pay unders. I trust them not to pay overs to keep Latrell. So if he does go we shouldn't be too upset about it. That being said, I think he will stay.
                What a crock of BS. If Latrell goes to Souths you will be crying for months. Just like you did when RTS left. You can’t fool me JT.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by QWERTY View Post
                  Despite how good he is, and how much potential he has, Latrell isn’t worth 1.2 mil a season. No one is, at least not yet anyway. I doubt anyone has a salary like that in the NRL. Big, overpaid offers like that are why clubs like the Dogs and the Eels have problems with their roster
                  Yep, 1.2 million is way too much. But if he can get it and goes, good on him.
                  I want him at centre, but if he wants to play 5/8 he will go for the money.
                  If we break the bank for him, we will lose Manu for sure.

                  Comment


                  • 1.2 million in 2 yrs probably isn’t that silly depending what the salary cap is, when you compare play like hunt(1.2) DCE(1.2) ash Taylor (1mil) Pearce 900+ Reynolds and others on big money this year, over a mil on latrell if his form keeps up over this season and next, is not outrageous.

                    Comment


                    • When he is being touted as the best player,
                      he will want to get paid like the best player.

                      However the best player in the game at the moment is James Tedesco.

                      This is like the situation at the Storm years back when they had to decide on who out of the so called big four left. Inglis.

                      Tedesco is like Slater
                      Latrell is like ?
                      Last edited by The Skeez; 04-30-2019, 08:48 PM.
                      Get out of the way, I'm next

                      Comment


                      • Also, Souths want retribution for poaching the Butcher boys, Momirovski and Garvey when they were juniors.

                        And for taking Crichton back too.
                        Get out of the way, I'm next

                        Comment


                        • I'm not worried

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                            Also, Souths want retribution for poaching the Butcher boys, Momirovski and Garvey when they were juniors.

                            And for taking Crichton back too.
                            But we gave them Fletcher . Hegarty and Wing back...premiership winning players. They should be happy wit that! Lol!

                            Comment


                            • Souths are looking for payback over the Ian Rubin poaching thats why they are going hard for Latrell.
                              Souths are no chance of getting Latrell.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                                Its laughable when I read a posting on here that claims a player is being paid X amount of dollars or that player Y is worth $700 & not $1M or that the Chooks are signing a big name player. No one on here would have any idea what players are actually getting paid or who the club is negotiating with, its just all speculation.
                                Let the CEO's & the players worry about what they are being paid or whos coming to the club otherwise it is just all here say.
                                Spot on....Been saying this forever on these forums.
                                Nobody has a single clue what each players contract is worth or made up of.
                                I suspect the majority of guesses are actually way off.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X