Jake Friend F.... right off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
    Friend had a ordinary game along with about 14 others. To just keep banging on about how bad friend is ridiculous . Souths dominated up the middle it almost looked like boys vs men at times. No team can win a game if they cant at least compete in the ruck. I thought we where very lucky to still be in the game at half time. 25 missed tackes at half time. The bondi wall had a huge hole in the middle of it .
    Exactly.
    Jake had a poor game but he isn't the main reason we have looked terrible in 3 of our 6 games to date. The forwards are not dominating the ruck. It's why we lost to the Cowboys in that horrible prelim which I'm sick of having to bring up again and again. You can put the best game manager (Cronk) in the team and the flashiest backs but if the forwards get smashed in the middle the team is no hope and Cronk, Keary and Tedesco will not be able to save us.

First we need to sort out the forward pack and if SST is gone with an ACL this his made this problem even harder to overcome.

Second, when the forwards start doing their job consistently, the so called spine needs to work together to provide the attack and direction. Cronk can't do anything if the forwards get smashed in the middle and we miss a thousand tackles and complete at 38%. Keary and Tedesco need to sort out how they are to work together. At the moment it's not fluent bu hey it's only Round 6.

Pearce was an extremely integral part of our game plan for 11 years. It will take time for the team to adjust to the new spine but first and foremost our forward pack problem needs to be sorted because if it isn't Cronk isn't going to save us, the same way everyone was so keen to point out that Pearce wasn't saving us.

Comment

The blame for any repeated brain snaps - like Friend's no mans land kicks on the 3Rd /4th, and random kicks near the line when nobody is ready and our boys are setting up a play - all lies with Robbo.

We all have to sit through them every week waiting for it, and their coach appears to be doing nothing about it. Or if he is, then.. shit!

I can't waste my rage on our backs dropping a bomb at this point, every damn winger in the comp fumbles and it's unrealistic to expect roosters not to when we dont engage blockers, we just let em charge at us, Cmon inglis free catch nobody gonna stop you.

The big worries are our forwards being too immobile for runners down the middle and all those BRAIN DEAD plays by repeat offenders. Cronk, which you'd only see at the ground not on TV, is shaking his head at it, not the small potatoes stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
        Exactly.
        Jake had a poor game but he isn't the main reason we have looked terrible in 3 of our 6 games to date. The forwards are not dominating the ruck. It's why we lost to the Cowboys in that horrible prelim which I'm sick of having to bring up again and again. You can put the best game manager (Cronk) in the team and the flashiest backs but if the forwards get smashed in the middle the team is no hope and Cronk, Keary and Tedesco will not be able to save us.

First we need to sort out the forward pack and if SST is gone with an ACL this his made this problem even harder to overcome.

Second, when the forwards start doing their job consistently, the so called spine needs to work together to provide the attack and direction. Cronk can't do anything if the forwards get smashed in the middle and we miss a thousand tackles and complete at 38%. Keary and Tedesco need to sort out how they are to work together. At the moment it's not fluent bu hey it's only Round 6.

Pearce was an extremely integral part of our game plan for 11 years. It will take time for the team to adjust to the new spine but first and foremost our forward pack problem needs to be sorted because if it isn't Cronk isn't going to save us, the same way everyone was so keen to point out that Pearce wasn't saving us.
        Sorry, he is the main reason.

He tries his heart out but he is well past his use by date.

Comment

I will say that Napa is lucky Friend was so poor. Napa once again completely stunk. Sure he pulled off a couple hits but they ran straight through him a number of times up the middle and he has zero impact with the ball. I realize some posters will say he is young and in 5 years he will be hitting his peak but seriously this guy is a fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
            I will say that Napa is lucky Friend was so poor. Napa once again completely stunk. Sure he pulled off a couple hits but they ran straight through him a number of times up the middle and he has zero impact with the ball. I realize some posters will say he is young and in 5 years he will be hitting his peak but seriously this guy is a fraud.
            Agreed mate

Comment

Throw Manu into that category
              Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post

Throw Manu into that category
                Gee he’s been woeful also,seems like a passenger out there..
                Whereas Latrell always looks capable

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

Yes even the best half can’t deliver if the forwards don’t win the ruck. That’s why we lost the prelim to the cows last year, not because of the former rooster scapegoat halfback who always copped ALL of the blame.
                  His problem was that even when we were winning the ruck, he'd screw it up with his last tackle options consistently. Id love to see the stats on this!!! That was his biggest issue and still is. The best teams halves are constantly getting a result with their last tackle kicks.

Comment

Yeah the last halfback consistently has brain fades. Last week the Knights were up by 11 with 10 to go and got a penalty in kicking range. Pearce decided not to take the 2 and then dropped the ball on the second tackle, from which the Bronco's ran the length of the field and then scored a couple tackles later. Then next possession when 5 in front tried to grubber into touch and kicked it straight to Boyd. They won the game but he doesn't have the coolness to ice games in that situation.

Comment

It's a worry when your biggest liability is the captain.
                      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Yep, Napa is no better than Dallas Hood.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                          It's a worry when your biggest liability is the captain.
                          Gotta say we looked better when he wasn’t on the field again last night.

Must be getting closer to the old tap on the shoulder.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post

Gotta say we looked better when he wasn’t on the field again last night.

Must be getting closer to the old tap on the shoulder.

You can join him for a picnic in Friend Park
                            Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

I won’t be surprised if he and Friend are not there next season. Napa, JWH and Matterson were embarrassing in the middle in defence in the first half.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post

You can join him for a picnic in Friend Park
                                We can have the same deal IF we somehow jag another premiership with Captain ShitSandwichHands at the helm.

Or maybe you won’t turn up again.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                                X