No announcement yet.

Jake Friend F.... right off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was benched for a long time last week. I wonder if there’s an issue there similar to the Hastings issue a few years ago only this time the halfback is an experienced Australian and Queensland halfback, not a rookie.. The whole team was off tonight. The SST loss would not have helped either but if Jake and CC are not clicking it was pretty pointless making the big half back change.

Comment

Originally posted by The Thracian View Post
      You think he played well? Radley deserved to be replaced by him? Radley turned the game one way, Friends return gave the game a complete 360, he is over playing his hand, under pressure and unfortunately cracks are appearing
      That matty dude is just one of Pearces fan boys still cut up we got rid of him. No point wasting NRG.

Comment

im not defending friend...hes been rubbish...but last year pearce was the scapegoat, this year its friend, and yes he shouldnt be captain, but if we get rid of him and were terrible next year, itll be someone else...o think weve actually regressed after tonight ....were worse then last year by a long way i might add

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

I hope you were ROTFLYAO when you wrote this? Trent’s tactical nous is from a book from the 60s. I’ve been saying for years that he is too conservative and it shows in the team. Look at the start that Souths did with that chip on the first tackle on their first set. It showed that they came into the game with a plan for this game and it showed throughout. There is seldom anything new with our game apart from Cronks chips and bombs. Trent has NFI when it comes to innovation of new tactics.
          Yes Roc I agree with your comments.

It pains me to say how many times Ive said we got "out-coached" during Robbos tenure.

But, in his defence, its hard to coach well when you have a dumb and dysfunctional captain and dummy half leading your on field game plan.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post
            so now pearce is gone its friends fault...ffs were going backwards at a massive rate of knots here
            Well they can't criticise Cronk because it's what they asked for.

Ignore the fact that we had more than enough ball in that second half in good field position to win that game.

There's plenty of issues with this side at the moment, Friend isn't the only but seems to be the only some are willing to discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Yes Roc I agree with your comments.

It pains me to say how many times Ive said we got "out-coached" during Robbos tenure.

But, in his defence, its hard to coach well when you have a dumb and dysfunctional captain and dummy half leading your on field game plan.
              Sorry JFC but there’s no defending Trent. He’s made Friend captain and puts him as hooker. I think Friends not the only dummy and a half.

Comment

Part of the problem with Jake is that he is not adapting to the super flat style of attack that Cronk wants. The timing is just all out between Friend and Cronk and it gets clunky.

And it’s fair to say that Cronk can be pretty ineffective when we’re not on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Ignore the fact that we had more than enough ball in that second half in good field position to win that game.

There's plenty of issues with this side at the moment, Friend isn't the only but seems to be the only some are willing to discuss.
                  No his not the only issue but this thread is about him being an issue and a big one
                  name me a dummy half in the NRL with worse service then friend?

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post
                    Part of the problem with Jake is that he is not adapting to the super flat style of attack that Cronk wants. The timing is just all out between Friend and Cronk and it gets clunky.

And it’s fair to say that Cronk can be pretty ineffective when we’re not on top.
                    Yes even the best half can’t deliver if the forwards don’t win the ruck. That’s why we lost the prelim to the cows last year, not because of the former rooster scapegoat halfback who always copped ALL of the blame.

Comment

Don't keep us in suspense mate, but I agree even tho I've been pretty vocal about friend, I said earlier I was worried from the get go with our two incomplete sets to start the game.

They didn't turn it around tho, the rot stays throughout the 80. Somebody said earlier about us shirking the small stuff, typical example was the ball was kicked into the ingoal by Cronk? And no pressure put on to let Johnston waltz back into the field of play. Please share.

Comment

I would bet anything we were coming back to win. We were finally busting them at will. Rolling down the field easily. Then he does the worst seven tackle kick in NRL history. I am massively over him.

Comment

Cronk had a very quite game one has to say and looked very unhappy with the way he is playing - I think Gussy nailed it - he`s being asked to play a different way he is not happy with as is Tedesco - Freddy too - only way we can score is via kicks he said numerous times - no offloads either to mention- defence was b grade too.

Comment

Your right

Manu is a massive liability in defence
                            Friend is a massive liability in attack
                            Aubbo May as well not be there if he is only getting 20 mins, like the bloke 80 min player, no benefit to the team playing 20
                            Im nervous every time Reece Robinson is under the high ball
                            our defense around the ruck is atrocious, Friend and our big boys are responsible for this
                            Our Pigs have no second phase play, take a hit up, play the ball
                            lastly we need to get the ball early to Lattrell Mitchell, he is lethal
                            Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Originally posted by One Eyed Willy View Post

No his not the only issue but this thread is about him being an issue and a big one
                              name me a dummy half in the NRL with worse service then friend?
                              Feels like it's this forum at times, not this thread.

My biggest gripe with the Freind criticism is not what's being said necessarily but the proportion of the blame that's being laid at his feet compared to others.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                                I would bet anything we were coming back to win. We were finally busting them at will. Rolling down the field easily. Then he does the worst seven tackle kick in NRL history. I am massively over him.
                                JT were was Cronk on this last tackle though and during the game - Cronk had a very poor game along with many others too one has to say- only LM could say he did his best with limited opportunities and would have easily been players player.
                                Last edited by King Salvo; 04-13-2018, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X