Cooper Cronk and his Rooster connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steakface View Post

Interesting compilation of food for thought, no doubt. And i do like the guy as a player.

But i don't think there is a hope in hell of it happening.
    I'll happily run the City To Surf twice covered in my own excrement while disemboweling myself if it happens.
    Will hold you to this mate, would be interesting and funny to see lol.

Easily done, cya Pearce and Friend would free up a lot of cash.

Radley to 9 or pick up a cheapie at 9 with Radley off the bench. Jayden Brailey did well at the Sharks in his first season and I back Radley to do well in a strong team imo.

Plus if the Chooks want someone they usually get their man. This year is now probably seen as a missed opportunity to get into the GF. I think Nick wants a premiership next year and Robbo needs one with the squad that has been assembled. Cronk would be the icing and his professionalism would have the same affect SBW did in 2013 and perhaps our props would rediscover their form and intimidation again.

Originally posted by boogie

"There's a lot of people competing for title of dumbest chookpen member such as Tommy S, Rusty, Johnny, ROC, Tobin but without a doubt you are the worst, youre thick as a brick christ this is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time you should go back to supporting the panthers"

Comment

i just love feeling the hate it pushes us to new highs! i can imagine cronk in rwb. our game v storm would be a ripper but nrl would have it on a Thursday night?

Comment

Originally posted by John Corey View Post
        There is a lot to be said for being a One Club Player. Particularly when you have had all the success Cronk has had with the Storm. I think that will be going through his head and I wouldn't be surprised if he hangs them up and starts his full time Fox career.

I just cannot see how we get him without moving Pearce on. And I doubt they move Pearce.
        They can't move keary on for Cronk coz he is a lot more likely to compliment Cronks playing style. Pearce won't. Cronk and Pearce are too similar in regards to being very structured. Just that Cronk does it a lot better.

No way we can fit him in.
        Agreed. He’ll be asking for more than $1M a season plus a starting spot.

While probably a bit too odd, 1 type of deal could be for him to play bench utility for 1/2 pay (as a bit of a playing halves mentor... our selling point could be that we already have 2 awesome halves and he wouldn’t have the same physical load that other clubs would be demanding from a 34 y/o). Even so, I doubt the NRL would have much appetite for 2017’s #2 ranked club signing the Kangaroos halfback for $500k a season as a bench utility so that he can come on with 20 to go and win games. Also, I reckon Radley’s more important.

Maybe Rip Taylor can convince him to playbfor Wyong so we can use him under second-teir? :P
        Last edited by ism22; 10-05-2017, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Even so, I doubt the NRL would have much appetite for 2017’s #2 ranked club signing the Kangaroos halfback for $500k a season as a bench utility so that he can come on with 20 to go and win games. :P
          They had no problem with Mark Gasnier signing a 50k contract to help St George win a comp in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

They had no problem with Mark Gasnier signing a 50k contract to help St George win a comp in 2010.
            His totally unpredictable retirement that made the back ended part that convinced them a total fabrication made them look like such clowns.

Comment

I think hes overrated personally lets see how he goes without a certain hooker inside him and a certain fb outside him ...obviously im in the monority here but yea hes good but personally i dont want him

Comment

this has made me dare to dream? i can see pearce as hooker?
                jake as lock?

Comment

I forgot to add in my original post that Cooper is also very good friends with Matt King.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                    this has made me dare to dream? i can see pearce as hooker?
                    jake as lock?
                    I don't know about lock, SJ. I like to see a tall lock that can not only defend well but also burst through tackles in attack. Neither Friend or Pearce are able to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

I don't know about lock, SJ. I like to see a tall lock that can not only defend well but also burst through tackles in attack. Neither Friend or Pearce are able to do that.
                      When you consider. Taumalolo, TKO, ans players like De Belin, Grub Maguire, Gallen are rhe premier locks and even Klemmer plays lock at NRL level. Then Friend nor Pearce are never going to be locks in todays game.
                      Originally posted by King Salvo 'Tedesco and Woods will be more than likely Dogs signings but both will give Tigers last shot - we are not in the race anymore'

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Rooster_in_GraceLand View Post

When you consider. Taumalolo, TKO, ans players like De Belin, Grub Maguire, Gallen are rhe premier locks and even Klemmer plays lock at NRL level. Then Friend nor Pearce are never going to be locks in todays game.
                        That's right. The side would be too small. Even SBurgess plays lock I think. Other than hooker, you need the forwards to be big. Then again Gallen isn't tall but he's wide.

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post
                          I think hes overrated personally lets see how he goes without a certain hooker inside him and a certain fb outside him ...obviously im in the monority here but yea hes good but personally i dont want him
                          Agreed. I think it is easy to look ‘clinical’ when your team is stacked with more rep talent than any other team can afford. Maloney, Widdop, Green and Munster are probably all no worse than Gronk. All great halves! But like... so ate Pearce and Keary. It’d be stupid to blow out our cap for a half when we need a forward or two...

As the Cowboys demonstrated... they can beat us with ad-hoc halves and the big JT. The game can no longer be won by one amazing half like Joey.
                          Last edited by ism22; 10-06-2017, 08:46 AM.

Comment

I am getting drawn into this dream. JuJu to 6 and Keary to 17 to play Connor Watson type role?

Comment

The only year NSW has won an origin in recent memory Cronk broke his arm with Qld leading the first game 6 nil. NSW went on to win that game and the 2nd game in his absence. When he returned for the 3rd game Qld won convincingly. Those saying he's over rated are in the minority for a reason......

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post
                                The only year NSW has won an origin in recent memory Cronk broke his arm with Qld leading the first game 6 nil. NSW went on to win that game and the 2nd game in his absence. When he returned for the 3rd game Qld won convincingly. Those saying he's over rated are in the minority for a reason......
                                That had as much to do with how bad cherry-evans was for the chemistry of that team. At origin cronk plays distributor and trusts his backline - dce overplayed his hand massively in those two games and hasnt been back since

i dont think he is necessarily overrated but a lot of his success is due to his cohort at club, state and national levels - smith, slater and thurston are extraordinary players

Comment

Working...
                                X