Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% send off.

Comment

Burtons obvious strip on Manu....then Radleys ridiculous sin bin for the hip drop that didn't involve the hips- if both those calls are called correct we win

Comment

Don’t know what tackle you all were watching.

recklessly shot out of the line and hit him flush on the jaw with a clenched fist stuff arm. Send off every time.

I reckon he’ll be looking at a charge of at least grade 1 reckless, which will be 3 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
          Burtons obvious strip on Manu....then Radleys ridiculous sin bin for the hip drop that didn't involve the hips- if both those calls are called correct we win
          IMO Rads' pinkie finger tapped him on the chin so he went down to milk a penalty then while down decided he'd feign a lower leg injury while he was at it.

It was a crock...

We deserved to lose and I'm not debating the result. However it did feel as though the refs interfered just enough to make sure the Doggies had absolutely no chance of losing.
          Last edited by ism22; 04-05-2024, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HunchoRooster View Post

Look you are not wrong about his defence but there have been successful sides with shite defensive wingers who had less x factor than Young does.

He is and will never be a Toops style player who is error free and defensively sound. We knew what we were getting and anyone who thought elsewise was only ever going to be disappointed.
            Yep, Tupou is error free.

​​

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Young needs to learn what it means to wear a Roosters jersey. He needs to lift his standards

Comment

Originally posted by Danish View Post
                Don’t know what tackle you all were watching.

recklessly shot out of the line and hit him flush on the jaw with a clenched fist stuff arm. Send off every time.

I reckon he’ll be looking at a charge of at least grade 1 reckless, which will be 3 weeks

Should know by now
                A Rooster player should never get sin bin or sent off, we can't do no wrong.
                If that was Latrell Mitchell doing the same tackle against any of our player we would be calling for 8 matches.

I think he had to go, it wasn't a good look, I feel he will get time on the side lines and prey its only 1 week.

Comment

Looked like a modern day send off. But could have gone either way.

Chances are we wouldn't have gotten the call if the tables were turned.

Comment

At least Robinson had a bit of a blow up in the presser.

Maybe next week he'll locate his other testicle.
                    1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
                    1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

Originally posted by Kentucky_Fried_Rooster View Post

Should know by now
                      If that was Latrell Mitchell doing the same tackle against any of our player we would be calling for 8 matches.

I think he had to go, it wasn't a good look, I feel he will get time on the side lines and prey its only 1 week.

The way he's been playing he'll be no loss if suspended.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Well, my mate who is a junior ref in the NRL system just said Dom’s should have been a sin bin & Rads no worse than a penalty (if anything) in his opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                          Over the Top that send off

Taafe was crouching and Young was effecting a ball and all tackle

Taafe - 179 cm's
                          Young - 200 cm's
                          That was also my opinion. Sin bin at best, but no surprise we played better with him gone. He has been absolutely terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
                            Well, my mate who is a junior ref in the NRL system just said Dom’s should have been a sin bin & Rads no worse than a penalty (if anything) in his opinion.
                            Your mate would be 100% correct.
                            1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
                            1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

Originally posted by Kentucky_Fried_Rooster View Post

Should know by now

Nah Latrell did a borderline grade 3 reckless tackle that involved an intentional shoulder to the jaw.

This tackle was a textbook grade 1 careless that would usually see a free kick awarded and nothing else. However he was 'jamming in' and Anusley has decided that when you are 'jamming in' then bot only does the grading go up 1 level automatically... you also get sent off the field for the rest of the game.

Not unexpectedly, the worst looking hit of the night was when a Doggies player jammed in on one of our forwards (May I think?) and was stretchered off because he knocked himself out. No penalty was awarded to May for this incident and momentum (incidentally) swing towards the Doggies, sealing the deal for them because they got a big rest from the ongoing pressure. It's an odd game...

Comment

He smashed him in the head but apart from that I couldn’t see much wrong with the tackle

Comment

Working...
                                X