No way was the Young tackle a send off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zac View Post
    interesting they've said it's not reckless. how many grade 3 careless charges have resulted in a send off?
    Scratching my head to think of any as you find the player charged post match and missing following games. Usually put on report at least and possibly sin binned during the game where the alleged incident occurred only.

A night of over reactions and inaction by NRL Onfield and Off Field officials going against the Roosters.

The NRL, as usual, has made a rod for their own back, so I will watch with interest other similar incidents and what the response is from the off- and on-field officials. What's the bet it won't be the same?

It has to be noted that Wade Graham was put on report and sin binned for a high tackle vs. the Souths in 2023, I recall, and later charged with a high tackle-reckless grade 4 and suspended for 4 matches after failing to have it downgraded to a high tackle-careless grade 3 at the Judiciary. He would have missed three matches if he had taken the early plea.

Whoever it was in the bunker convinced the onfield ref that it was High Tackle-Reckless. It was never that. As I was saying, Dom was attempting a genuine ball and all tackle, no swinging arm or clinched fist, which is one of the indicators of the High Tackle- Reckless. category where a player could possibly be sent off.

High Tackle – Careless

A Careless High Tackle is when a defending player makes forceful contact with the head or neck of an attacking player. The contact must be deemed careless, in that the defending player has failed in his duty of care.

What are the key indicators of this charge?

A careless high tackle generally sees the defending player attempting to make a genuine attempt at making a wrapping or grabbing tackle. The defender’s hand/s are generally open when making a wrapping type tackle.

The initial point of contact may not have been directly with the head or neck, however contact with the head or neck did occur during the tackle. However, the attempted tackle was made in the marginal target area, which is high around the upper chest and shoulders of the defending player.

At times, a careless high tackle may see the attacking player be impacted by another defender in the tackle which sees their height lowered when tackled.

High Tackle – Reckless

A Reckless High Tackle is when a defending player makes forceful contact with the head or neck of an attacking player. The high contact will be deemed reckless when a player foresees high contact before or during the action of a tackle and carries on with the tackle regardless of that risk. A player may “foresee” high contact when starting (or even during) a tackle even if he closes his eyes or looks away at the last moment.

What are the key indicators of this charge?

The defender is not attempting to make a genuine attempt at making a wrapping or grabbing tackle. The defender’s hand/s may be clinched in a fist. The defender’s arm may be swinging in an upwards direction. The attempted tackle was made in the marginal target area, which is high around the upper chest and shoulders of the defending player.

Comment

Watching the reply. No way that's a send off. Arm not swinging he really didn't do a lot wrong just wrapping around the much smaller players ffs, and no malice. Bin and on report fine, no way a send off.

But if that is the rule, then there'll be 100+ send offs this season. But of course there won't be.

Comment

Originally posted by tloos1999 View Post

I’ve seen about 7-8 comments from this account against Young in the last 12 hours - so I’ll conclude you have a personal vendetta against the bloke.

His defence has been poor, anyone can see that. But half the time, he’s left in no man’s land because the bloke on his inside with 3 times the experience and 2 times the salary makes shocking reads. If you’re going to air Young for his reads, then feel free to do the same to Manu, as well as Suaalii, and Tupou, who have made some shocking decisions that have had us concede. He’s good enough in attack to win us games, and unfortunately in defence to lose us games as well at the moment. It’ll get better - it will have to or he’ll find himself in reserves.
        I have a "vendetta" against him because he sucks and is typical of the common opinion here that the grass is greener on the other side when it comes to our players, the hard truth is that Billy Smith is better and more important than he is credited for and that our best backline doesn't involve Dominic Young but because he can run fast he is fawned upon like the messiah. He is another over priced signing that won't live up to his so called promise and will be just another in the long list of failed marquee signings.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
          You can't tackle players above the shoulder, ie: in the head, like that...it's a suspension.
          2 weeks, not the end if the world.
          Maybe our new defence coach can guide Dom.

New defence coach?
          Well judging by our terrible defence in this Dogs game, we need a new defence coach, or a new advisor to our current defence coach, someone who knows about 'Sweepers', and someone who can insert into our Head Coach's mind a sign with flashing lights reading "Suaalii is not a centre".
          So did Reese Walsh cave his own face in while plucking his eyebrows?
          1985: 1 try vs Parramatta, 1 try vs Manly, 1 try vs Wests, 2 tries vs Souffs
          1986: 2 tries vs Illawarra, 1 try vs Balmain, 2 tries vs Norths.

Comment

Originally posted by SamKerrSimp View Post

I have a "vendetta" against him because he sucks and is typical of the common opinion here that the grass is greener on the other side when it comes to our players, the hard truth is that Billy Smith is better and more important than he is credited for and that our best backline doesn't involve Dominic Young but because he can run fast he is fawned upon like the messiah. He is another over priced signing that won't live up to his so called promise and will be just another in the long list of failed marquee signings.
            Wrong again.

Dom Young is much better than Quentin Smith.

Comment

Fortunately, you don't make the recruitment decisions, as the Dominator, as I shall call him, is a great signing. He is only 22, so he has a long career in front of him, hopefully all with the Roosters.

I think it's fair to say that Dom can play, is an NRL player, and has come along way in a short space of time when you consider he only started playing rugby league when he was 16 and came out to Australia as an 18-year-old on a minimum contract to play for the Knights after only 2 ESL games.

The pundits in the UK thought he was mad to try this and should have established himself first in the ESL and then taken up an opportunity to play in the NRL later on.

Dom Young 45 tries in 55 NRL Games

All of Dom's 2023 tries below

Last edited by King Salvo; 04-06-2024, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Fortunately, you don't make the recruitment decisions, as the Dominator, as I shall call him, is a great signing. He is only 22, so he has a long career in front of him, hopefully all with the Roosters.

I think it's fair to say that Dom can play, is an NRL player, and has come along way in a short space of time when you consider he only started playing rugby league when he was 16 and came out to Australia as an 18-year-old on a minimum contract to play for the Knights after only 2 ESL games.

The pundits in the UK thought he was mad to try this and should have established himself first in the ESL and then taken up an opportunity to play in the NRL later on.

Dom Young 45 tries in 55 NRL Games

All of Dom's 2023 tries below

You’re a Drew Hutchison fan so pipe down

Comment

I agree with Salvo that young Dominic has a lot to offer. His defence has indeed been disappointing, but a strong big lad like him will improve that. You can't coach speed, which he has in buckets.

Now then, regarding the object of your "simping", the Sam Kerr lass. She has received fawning, unwavering support from our prime minister and state premier for her little gaffe.

She was pissed as a fart and vomited in a working man's taxi. a guy who makes in a year what she does in a week, most likely. Then refused to pay an additional cleaning fee and got abusive, which is why the police were called. She then abused the cop calling him a white "something" (she denies using the word bastard).

She also failed to report her criminal charges to her employers, against the conditions of her contract.

Sounds to me like an entitled, openly racist, obnoxious individual who unapologetically soiled a working man's taxi and is the beneficiary of unwarranted support by the media and politicians who would do well to shut their stupid f.ucking mouths.

But watch her walk on this charge as she ticks all the minority boxes.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

I agree with Salvo that young Dominic has a lot to offer. His defence has indeed been disappointing, but a strong big lad like him will improve that. You can't coach speed, which he has in buckets.

Now then, regarding the object of your "simping", the Sam Kerr lass. She has received fawning, unwavering support from our prime minister and state premier for her little gaffe.

She was pissed as a fart and vomited in a working man's taxi. a guy who makes in a year what she does in a week, most likely. Then refused to pay an additional cleaning fee and got abusive, which is why the police were called. She then abused the cop calling him a white "something" (she denies using the word bastard).

She also failed to report her criminal charges to her employers, against the conditions of her contract.

Sounds to me like an entitled, openly racist, obnoxious individual who unapologetically soiled a working man's taxi and is the beneficiary of unwarranted support by the media and politicians who would do well to shut their stupid f.ucking mouths.

Stop being a snowflake

Comment

Stop being a snowflake
                      Snowflake?? Did you just call me white?? Did you?? Did you touch me??? Stop touching me!! I don't feel comfortable.

Comment

I'll tell ya what, he's a good lookin' fella. The girls would have squirmed at at the sight of him jersey torn asunder, dreadlocks and the pectorals gleaming in the rain - a gladiatorial Mr. Darcy. Gave me a bit of a turn. Dunno what I'd do if came on to me and there was a bit of coke around, unlikely admittedly but nothing wrong with it these days.

Embarrassingly, he didn't want to know about the last of the blond Mohicans, talk about turnstiles. To be fair, he wasn't the only one but he is a liability defensively that's for sure, most wingers these days are behemoths.

I've never been big on Connor Watson but when everyone else on the fringe was piking it with Kikau, he made it his mission to gather those huge legs in. I also thought his general performance was inspiring. Am now a convert.
                        Last edited by Paddo Colt 61; 04-07-2024, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Comment

You're a racist Sam Kerr!

Comment

robbo's changed his mind about the send off but not about victor's binning.
                              victor and latrell are the most binned players in nrl history but latrell should be spewing - did everything to get binned not once but twice, and then the refs find a way to allow rads to catch him

Comment

Billy Smith can barely get on the field and if you are hoping things will change in the next 3 years, then I have a harbour bridge to sell you. Should have moved that crock on when we had the chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X