Coronavirus / Covid-19 Global Pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4 the all in brawl View Post

I do know a few who have had Covid including 2 poor souls who have died from it.

One an elderly woman who 1 month earlier was holidaying on the Ruby Princess having the time of her life.

The second one a woman not as old but not young either in her late 60s but I think she was holding off for Pfizer. She lived Western Sydney and was Parra through and through.
    ​​
    ​​​​I'm sure hindsight would have told her to get AZ. She was quite a healthy woman before she got Covid. Her family badly misses her. Her funeral was last Thursday and most of her family couldnt send her off due to limits on the numbers who can attend funerals....
    Yeah when there are so many stories like this it makes me so angry when you hear the old ‘but they were old anyway’. And having limited numbers at funerals is just horrible. My mum passed away 12 months ago from cancer. Due to covid restrictions at the time we could only invite the immediate family and all of her sisters and extended family couldn’t come.

Comment

• Originally posted by GT3370 View Post

I think this is directed at me and as I have no idea what it means could you please explain it . Or is it part of some conspiracy theory that your friend us come up with.
      You seem to know a fair amount about what goes on in here for such a new poster. For someone so switched on I wouldn’t have thought you’d need to ask.

Comment

• Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

Yeah when there are so many stories like this it makes me so angry when you hear the old ‘but they were old anyway’. And having limited numbers at funerals is just horrible. My mum passed away 12 months ago from cancer. Due to covid restrictions at the time we could only invite the immediate family and all of her sisters and extended family couldn’t come.
        This is so true .You hear so many say they were old .The were in God's waiting room.Thats not the point .Without Covid they may have died in weeks but they also may have died in years.Guess which one the family would prefer. Sorry about your mum.Its a horrible loss to loose a parent but those circumstances make it harder .

Comment

• Originally posted by GT3370 View Post

This is so true .You hear so many say they were old .The were in God's waiting room.Thats not the point .Without Covid they may have died in weeks but they also may have died in years.Guess which one the family would prefer. Sorry about your mum.Its a horrible loss to loose a parent but those circumstances make it harder .
          Thanks GT. It will be the one year anniversary next week so it’s going to be hard.

Comment

Haha not that this makes any sense to reply to your comment here, but cheers Trakkies re my signature. It was a golden post on another golden thread that one.... ​​​​​
            I remember that one well. It sort of started the whole thing really. I also like the invitation, I think by RR, for a 2am kebab out Lakemba way. Never did happen tho!
            FVCK CANCER

Comment

I do know a few who have had Covid including 2 poor souls who have died from it.

One an elderly woman who 1 month earlier was holidaying on the Ruby Princess having the time of her life.

The second one a woman not as old but not young either in her late 60s but I think she was holding off for Pfizer. She lived Western Sydney and was Parra through and through.
              ​​
              ​​​​I'm sure hindsight would have told her to get AZ. She was quite a healthy woman before she got Covid. Her family badly misses her. Her funeral was last Thursday and most of her family couldnt send her off due to limits on the numbers who can attend funerals....
              Terrible news. Sorry to hear that. Stay safe and well champ.
              FVCK CANCER

Comment

You also MR. sorry for your loss.
                FVCK CANCER

Comment

You seem to know a fair amount about what goes on in here for such a new poster. For someone so switched on I wouldn’t have thought you’d need to ask.
                  Sorry I truly do not understand.How do I seem to know what goes on here .As said in a way early post I used to look on here without signing up laughing at the stuff that was said and being dismayed at other things .In particular the Covid thread made me decide to join because one thing I detest is conspiracy theorist .Rightly or wrongly I truly believe that the only way out if this for the world is firstly vaccination if you can and secondly when we have to unfortunately lockdowns .I also believe that NSW should have locked down harder and faster in Sydney and we have now lost control and will struggle to get back to normal.It truly upsets me to see and hear stories like yours about your mother not being able to have the send off she deserved .Long running business going broke because they have to close and people loosing jobs Families not being able to be together , kids not seeing parents , all this is just wrong .I have also started engaging with others on different topics because believe it or not I am a true Roosters supporter .If this somehow makes me a threat or undeserving of your respect then so be it .But I still fail to understand how this all means I know a fair bit about this place , your words and also can still not understand the hate for simply answering your friends question .
                  Last edited by GT3370; 08-02-2021, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

I remember that one well. It sort of started the whole thing really. I also like the invitation, I think by RR, for a 2am kebab out Lakemba way. Never did happen tho!
                    It would have been out Bankstown i was working at Bankstown Sports at the time. I think Andy said it was going to be an ambush. Im married with 3 kids and getting on. I don't do violence.

In the early 90s i used to get work at Sweethearts at Cabramatta and Mt Pritchard community club-those were the days when the club employed you direct-you weren't part of a fully insured security company. Crazy days. The craziest was when i got work at a place called Sutto's at Lansvale- that place was out of control. Ahhhh the pre covid days....when all you had to worry about was the death sentence called AIDS

Comment

• Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

It would have been out Bankstown i was working at Bankstown Sports at the time. I think Andy said it was going to be an ambush. Im married with 3 kids and getting on. I don't do violence.

In the early 90s i used to get work at Sweethearts at Cabramatta and Mt Pritchard community club-those were the days when the club employed you direct-you weren't part of a fully insured security company. Crazy days. The craziest was when i got work at a place called Sutto's at Lansvale- that place was out of control. Ahhhh the pre covid days....when all you had to worry about was the death sentence called AIDS
                      Ah, that’s right. Insane isn’t it how it’s all gone since then. Crazy how an Internet forum can fire someone up so much hey.

Hope you you are safe and well champ. Have a kebab for me when you can get out and about again.
                      FVCK CANCER

Comment

Sorry to hear about your mother mightyrooster. My sister in law passed away in May last year from cancer of the lung and oesophagus and due to the restrictions and also other family living so far away only her daughter and ex husband (who was one of her carers ) attended the funeral . They did manage to have a service for her exactly a year later where all the family, brother, nephews and niece could attend but that also most cancelled also because of restrictions coming in again at the time, thankfully at that stage the restrictions were no dancing and also no drinking standing up so all the family and relatives could attend and at least everyone got to say a proper goodbye even if it was a year later.

Comment

• Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

Sorry to hear about your mother mightyrooster. My sister in law passed away in May last year from cancer of the lung and oesophagus and due to the restrictions and also other family living so far away only her daughter and ex husband (who was one of her carers ) attended the funeral . They did manage to have a service for her exactly a year later where all the family, brother, nephews and niece could attend but that also most cancelled also because of restrictions coming in again at the time, thankfully at that stage the restrictions were no dancing and also no drinking standing up so all the family and relatives could attend and at least everyone got to say a proper goodbye even if it was a year later.
                          Sorry for you loss as well mate. None of this is ideal and some things seem totally out of whack but if we as a society don't get on it early or grab it by the throat, it will make things a lot lot worse.
                          FVCK CANCER

Comment

• Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

Thanks Horrie. Sorry to hear about your SIL as well. Mum had bowel cancer which eventually went to her brain. It's hard enough dealing with the grief of such a loss, but to also know her sisters, in-laws, neices / nephews couldn't be there to say goodbye as well was hard to accept. It's great your SIL could have a service 12 months later at least. Don't get me wrong, I do understand why the government has these restrictions in place, it's just very, very hard to deal with when it affects one of your own loved ones, as you would know.

Comment

Thanks Horrie. Sorry to hear about your SIL as well. Mum had bowel cancer which eventually went to her brain. It's hard enough dealing with the grief of such a loss, but to also know her sisters, in-laws, neices / nephews couldn't be there to say goodbye as well was hard to accept. It's great your SIL could have a service 12 months later at least. Don't get me wrong, I do understand why the government has these restrictions in place, it's just very, very hard to deal with when it affects one of your own loved ones, as you would know.
                              Oh that would have been a horrible way to go mightyrooster, so sorry to hear it.

At least with the service a year later it was more like a celebration than an actual service, even though it had its serious side it was more like a catch up where we all could compare stories of the sister in laws life with other relatives and remember them fondly instead of sadness. It also gave many family members a chance to celebrate her sons life who had also been taken away from him so cruely a day before his 30th birthday, he was living in Canada at the time so no one here could have a proper service when it happened.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Andrew Walker;n895260] But in regards to my comments very early on I am on record in here as saying If I would have done anything different in this I would not have reacted in that manner on here. I make mistakes I get thing wrong I am far far far from being close to perfect.
                                /QUOTE]

Andy, this is the difference between you and some others. You freely admit you are not perfect and are constantly evolving as a human being because you are open minded and not stubborn and arrogant like others who live a life carved in stone. You more often than not apologise for something even when no offence has been caused because you are mindful of the feelings of those you care about. That is exactly the sort of person I am grateful to have in my corner.

Just because someone's opinion is different to others, doesn't make it wrong. I was only around 7 years old when I watched an episode of I Love Lucy where Lucille Ball was on jury duty. She had insisted on a verdict different to everyone else on the jury but they all kept yelling at her. Then it came time for the lunch orders and everyone said 'hamburger' but Lucy said 'hotdog'. They all rolled their eyes as part of the comedy routine. But there was actually nothing wrong with Lucy ordering the hotdog as it was a valid option presented to her. Like I said, I was very young when I watched that episode but it stuck with me all these years. So keep ordering the hotdogs Andy whilst everyone else is ordering the hamburger if that is what you would like to do.

"It's these little things, they can pull you under
                                Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Working...
                                X