Coronavirus / Covid-19 Global Pandemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post

Hi RWB, this sounds like a very, very unpleasant experience and if this individual is still on this forum I fully understand your reluctance to have the pm messaging system on. I do not understand posters who come on here with the intention of just harassing others and always having to get the last word in, just because they can. You don't always have to agree with someone, life would be boring if we all agreed on everything, but showing respect for the other person and their right to an opinion should be first and foremost.

I also don't understand posters who can have multiple different aliases over time. Or even worse at the same time. If you constantly have to change your moniker because you need a clean slate after embarrassing yourself with a meltdown or the like, then maybe it's best to think first before posting so as not to embarras yourself in the first place. Or just take ownership and responibility when you've said the wrong thing, rather than hiding behind another name.

I actually thought this forum was all about Roosters fans getting together to share their love of the club. But I guess with the internet you're always going to get those who have nothing better to do with their lives than harass, manipulate and troll others into joining their online 'games'.

Take care RWB and I'm glad you have friends in the real world who you can rely on.
    Good Morning MR and thank you. Oh you'd be surprised at what people do online and not just like what you see and hear on 60 Minutes. I've never used a fake name or fake photo, changed my name several times (and I mean my actual name) or lied about my marital status either. Someone on here called me a spinster like I should be ashamed of being an unmarried woman but again, I didn't realise it was still a crime to be so. That type of insult went out in the dark ages and with the use of that word, that person just shouted from the rooftops what generation he comes from, so my instincts about who he is were spot on. My late mother actually thanked me on her death bed for having the foresight not to end up marrying either of the 2 men who ended up divorced anyway. She trusted my sound judgement and said go and wait for the right person even if it takes years. Dad told me similar and I was only 15 when he died.

To answer RT's question regarding watching friends putting hands on hot stoves, I did in fact try and stop someone from going down a sad path in life but they refused to listen to me even though the facts were on my side in this case. RT, it broke my heart to see what had become of someone I did once care about very much. I saw this person lose lots of money, lose their home and eventually lose their personality. They refused to take my advice or support but still wanted me to be a good listener whenever they wanted me to help them (like I was some sort of counselling service) but never in return would they stop and help me if I needed them. I lost 3 family members in 2017 and that was when I was ill too. That's when I stopped posting on here originally as my life was sad and hard. I reached out to this person for help and support and they mocked me telling me what I had wrong with me would be over in '2 weeks' - the standard line we used to laugh about when Mini was supposed to come back after his back injury caused by the Vermin in the spear tackle. I was lying in a hospital bed 10 minutes walk from this person's workplace and they wouldn't come and visit, even though they knew that my sister had just had a stroke and was newly widowed so in no position to come and see me. My other sister lives in country Victoria so no chance of her making the trip either. I had turned myself inside out supporting this person for many years, putting up with being left alone at night in the rain at the last minute when he would stand me up sometimes, but I still kept on keeping on, thinking that I should be a good friend and just wait for him to 'snap out of it'. I offered to help with resume writing, job hunting, set up a Seek profile and a Linkedin one too when he lost his job but this person didn't want or need my help but then would still complain about having no job. So you see RT & GT, I turned myself inside out going above and beyond, being incredibly patient to the point of being a doormat, watching this person fall prey to someone who lied, faked their names and their photos and manipulated this person into giving away their money. There are manipulative women out there GT but I'm not one of them. Like I said, I was smart enough to keep every bit of correspondence because there were too many red flags in the crazy mixed up stories I was being fed. Stuff that is factually impossible in real life but some people are too stubborn to even believe facts. Some people enjoy fantasy relationships but I am not one of them.

With Andy, he has street smarts as well as book smarts and is mentally and physically strong so he doesn't need a renovation rescue from me. In fact, he's inspired me to keep going to a different level in terms of my own fitness and health and my doctor said to me "Don't you believe in Covid kilos?!" She said I was her only patient who LOST weight during last year's lockdown. That's the difference between a good friend and one not so good. The good ones encourage you to be your best but don't bat an eyelid when you are at your worst either. Horrie Hastings is the same and I'm happy both of them are friends in real life anyway independently of me as they lived/worked in the same suburb for quite a few years. Roosters fans flock together..

The fact that I am putting my heart on my sleeve here for all of you to read this should tell you this. I've always been open and honest in mine and my family's struggles so that maybe someone else out there might realise that life is not perfect and neither are we. Now I have to go and get ready for work and for those of you who messaged me for my birthday yesterday, thanks so much and I really had such a great positive day. This one has been a real turning point in my life so thanks for all the insults and the mocking. You've just made me even more resilient and stronger.
    "It's these little things, they can pull you under
    Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

• Happy Birthday for yesterday RWB. Sounds like you have some good people around you which is important. Hope you get to celebrate properly later as life gets back closer to normal.

Comment

• Originally posted by GT3370 View Post

Sorry I truly do not understand.How do I seem to know what goes on here .As said in a way early post I used to look on here without signing up laughing at the stuff that was said and being dismayed at other things .In particular the Covid thread made me decide to join because one thing I detest is conspiracy theorist .Rightly or wrongly I truly believe that the only way out if this for the world is firstly vaccination if you can and secondly when we have to unfortunately lockdowns .I also believe that NSW should have locked down harder and faster in Sydney and we have now lost control and will struggle to get back to normal.It truly upsets me to see and hear stories like yours about your mother not being able to have the send off she deserved .Long running business going broke because they have to close and people loosing jobs Families not being able to be together , kids not seeing parents , all this is just wrong .I have also started engaging with others on different topics because believe it or not I am a true Roosters supporter .If this somehow makes me a threat or undeserving of your respect then so be it .But I still fail to understand how this all means I know a fair bit about this place , your words and also can still not understand the hate for simply answering your friends question .
        GT it's pretty simple.

Firstly, you came in here all guns blazing, with inflammatory language against a few posters. Not the usual way a new member would introduce themselves to a forum for the first time. Not unless they are a Souffs troll, a fired up fan angry at the mistreatment of our great club, or a poster with left over anger from a previous engagement on here. I know I wouldn't. I was very unsure of myself when I first came on here 10 years ago, wondering if I would fit in.

Secondly, yes RWB asked a question of you, regarding what should happen to those who can't be vaccinated. You replied to her by asking her for some very personal medical information. Naturally she did not reply back to you about this. You waited a while for her to reply but once you realised she wasn't going to you were the one who approached her again, responding to her post to another member, so as to try and engage her in further comnversation. I'll add, while also throwing in a few lectures about vaccination. By the way, I am pro vaccination myself, so my opinions on vaccinations has nothing to do with any of my comments here.

Finally, your writing style, use of punctuation (commas, missing full stops, spacings), spelling errors for particular words are quite similar to another poster.

Also, people are allowed to have differing opinions. It's the way people respond to differeing opinions which tells you a lot. Debate is healthy. Personal abuse and harassing is not.

Now I could well be completely wrong about all the above. This is just my opinion. Which remember you asked for.

Comment

• Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

Oh that would have been a horrible way to go mightyrooster, so sorry to hear it.

At least with the service a year later it was more like a celebration than an actual service, even though it had its serious side it was more like a catch up where we all could compare stories of the sister in laws life with other relatives and remember them fondly instead of sadness. It also gave many family members a chance to celebrate her sons life who had also been taken away from him so cruely a day before his 30th birthday, he was living in Canada at the time so no one here could have a proper service when it happened.
          Thanks Horrie. I'm sorry to hear about your nephew (?) as well. That's so young. Yes a service 12 months later would have been lovely and as you say a bit more like a celebration of her life because it wouldn't have come with the devastating sadness you experience so immediately after a loss. Of course there's still sadness, I think about my Mum (and Dad) almost every day still, but I think you know what I mean. While the sadness never ever goes away, the passing of time allows you to cope better with it as the years go by.

Comment

• Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

Good Morning MR and thank you. Oh you'd be surprised at what people do online and not just like what you see and hear on 60 Minutes. I've never used a fake name or fake photo, changed my name several times (and I mean my actual name) or lied about my marital status either. Someone on here called me a spinster like I should be ashamed of being an unmarried woman but again, I didn't realise it was still a crime to be so. That type of insult went out in the dark ages and with the use of that word, that person just shouted from the rooftops what generation he comes from, so my instincts about who he is were spot on. My late mother actually thanked me on her death bed for having the foresight not to end up marrying either of the 2 men who ended up divorced anyway. She trusted my sound judgement and said go and wait for the right person even if it takes years. Dad told me similar and I was only 15 when he died.

To answer RT's question regarding watching friends putting hands on hot stoves, I did in fact try and stop someone from going down a sad path in life but they refused to listen to me even though the facts were on my side in this case. RT, it broke my heart to see what had become of someone I did once care about very much. I saw this person lose lots of money, lose their home and eventually lose their personality. They refused to take my advice or support but still wanted me to be a good listener whenever they wanted me to help them (like I was some sort of counselling service) but never in return would they stop and help me if I needed them. I lost 3 family members in 2017 and that was when I was ill too. That's when I stopped posting on here originally as my life was sad and hard. I reached out to this person for help and support and they mocked me telling me what I had wrong with me would be over in '2 weeks' - the standard line we used to laugh about when Mini was supposed to come back after his back injury caused by the Vermin in the spear tackle. I was lying in a hospital bed 10 minutes walk from this person's workplace and they wouldn't come and visit, even though they knew that my sister had just had a stroke and was newly widowed so in no position to come and see me. My other sister lives in country Victoria so no chance of her making the trip either. I had turned myself inside out supporting this person for many years, putting up with being left alone at night in the rain at the last minute when he would stand me up sometimes, but I still kept on keeping on, thinking that I should be a good friend and just wait for him to 'snap out of it'. I offered to help with resume writing, job hunting, set up a Seek profile and a Linkedin one too when he lost his job but this person didn't want or need my help but then would still complain about having no job. So you see RT & GT, I turned myself inside out going above and beyond, being incredibly patient to the point of being a doormat, watching this person fall prey to someone who lied, faked their names and their photos and manipulated this person into giving away their money. There are manipulative women out there GT but I'm not one of them. Like I said, I was smart enough to keep every bit of correspondence because there were too many red flags in the crazy mixed up stories I was being fed. Stuff that is factually impossible in real life but some people are too stubborn to even believe facts. Some people enjoy fantasy relationships but I am not one of them.

With Andy, he has street smarts as well as book smarts and is mentally and physically strong so he doesn't need a renovation rescue from me. In fact, he's inspired me to keep going to a different level in terms of my own fitness and health and my doctor said to me "Don't you believe in Covid kilos?!" She said I was her only patient who LOST weight during last year's lockdown. That's the difference between a good friend and one not so good. The good ones encourage you to be your best but don't bat an eyelid when you are at your worst either. Horrie Hastings is the same and I'm happy both of them are friends in real life anyway independently of me as they lived/worked in the same suburb for quite a few years. Roosters fans flock together..

The fact that I am putting my heart on my sleeve here for all of you to read this should tell you this. I've always been open and honest in mine and my family's struggles so that maybe someone else out there might realise that life is not perfect and neither are we. Now I have to go and get ready for work and for those of you who messaged me for my birthday yesterday, thanks so much and I really had such a great positive day. This one has been a real turning point in my life so thanks for all the insults and the mocking. You've just made me even more resilient and stronger.
            RWB, I do hope you had a lovely birthday yesterday and spent some time with your friends and loved ones, and were very spoiled.

I am so sorry to hear about all of the above. One day you will find someone special who will love you for the caring and loving person you are. I believe that everyone has that special someone out there, they just haven't met them yet. Happy Birthday for yesterday!

Comment

GT it's pretty simple.

Firstly, you came in here all guns blazing, with inflammatory language against a few posters. Not the usual way a new member would introduce themselves to a forum for the first time. Not unless they are a Souffs troll, a fired up fan angry at the mistreatment of our great club, or a poster with left over anger from a previous engagement on here. I know I wouldn't. I was very unsure of myself when I first came on here 10 years ago, wondering if I would fit in.

Secondly, yes RWB asked a question of you, regarding what should happen to those who can't be vaccinated. You replied to her by asking her for some very personal medical information. Naturally she did not reply back to you about this. You waited a while for her to reply but once you realised she wasn't going to you were the one who approached her again, responding to her post to another member, so as to try and engage her in further comnversation. I'll add, while also throwing in a few lectures about vaccination. By the way, I am pro vaccination myself, so my opinions on vaccinations has nothing to do with any of my comments here.

Finally, your writing style, use of punctuation (commas, missing full stops, spacings), spelling errors for particular words are quite similar to another poster.

Also, people are allowed to have differing opinions. It's the way people respond to differeing opinions which tells you a lot. Debate is healthy. Personal abuse and harassing is not.

Now I could well be completely wrong about all the above. This is just my opinion. Which remember you asked for.
              Andy’s second post in this thread. Curious for your thoughts on your mates contribution here. Seems like personal abuse and harassment to me.

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

LOL and you have just shown how stupid you are with that analogy Sky might give you a job with such a sensationalist fear monger if hyperbolic comment Fool Cyanide is is guaranteed death Covid is not. Go cower in the corner stay home where your mask there, where it outside, and wear it when you have sex as well

https://www.health.gov.au/resources/...%20years%20old.
              FVCK CANCER

Comment

• Whaaaaaat... not another one,

Originally posted by Andrew Walker View Post

Im still up working you low life lying cowardly scum
                FVCK CANCER

Comment

• Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

Andy’s second post in this thread. Curious for your thoughts on your mates contribution here. Seems like personal abuse and harassment to me.

RT, firstly AW is not my mate. I've never met him and I'm not even sure I've ever responded to any of his posts on the Chookpen in my 10 years posting here. He is RWB's mate.
                  Secondly, I wasn't even commenting on AW but since you bring him up, yes he has been known to fly off the handle to the point of being abusive in the past. So yeah sure. But one poster's abuse does not justify or nullify another's.

As for my post, I am simply answering GT3370's question. But thanks for your input.

Comment

RT, firstly AW is not my mate. I've never met him and I'm not even sure I've ever responded to any of his posts on the Chookpen in my 10 years posting here. He is RWB's mate.
                    Secondly, I wasn't even commenting on AW but since you bring him up, yes he has been known to fly off the handle to the point of being abusive in the past. So yeah sure. But one poster's abuse does not justify or nullify another's.

As for my post, I am simply answering GT3370's question. But thanks for your input.
                    All good. Throughout this whole educational discussion, I’ve lost track of who’s supporting who’s views. Regardless of whose mate he is, those comments still a bit contradictory to what you wrote and they seemed to have kicked off a lot if the angst in this thread.
                    FVCK CANCER

Comment

• Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post

All good. Throughout this whole educational discussion, I’ve lost track of who’s supporting who’s views. Regardless of whose mate he is, those comments still a bit contradictory to what you wrote and they seemed to have kicked off a lot if the angst in this thread.
                      My comment was in reply to GT's question to me about why I believe 'he knows a lot about what goes on here'. That is I suspect he is not a new poster and he is asking me why. My response answers that question and is pretty clear I think.

There was more than one poster who contributed to the angst you refer to.

Comment

Thanks Horrie. I'm sorry to hear about your nephew (?) as well. That's so young. Yes a service 12 months later would have been lovely and as you say a bit more like a celebration of her life because it wouldn't have come with the devastating sadness you experience so immediately after a loss. Of course there's still sadness, I think about my Mum (and Dad) almost every day still, but I think you know what I mean. While the sadness never ever goes away, the passing of time allows you to cope better with it as the years go by.
                        Thanks mightyrooster, yes my sister in law son passed away a few years ago from cancer while he was in Canada, his father and sister made it to Canada to see him when he was ill and obvious he couldn't return to Australia but his mother didn't go to see him and that is one of the regrets she had on her death bed.
                        Unfortunately when they had a service for him here we were away so couldn't attend so the service for my sister in law doubled as celebration of his life also for us.
                        Last edited by horrie hastings; 08-04-2021, 03:56 PM.

Comment

GT it's pretty simple.

MR firstly I would like to address the RWB issue which for me is the main one . I didn't ask RWB for her personal information , I simply pointed out that without it then know one can give a logical answer . For all I know she may have a chronic fear of needles.
                          As I always stated everyone should in my opinion get the vaccination if they can . Otherwise this mess will keep dragging on.
                          I came on here all guns blazing as you say and if you care to read my post and reference it to the anti government , anti vaxer dribble that said poster has be spraying which as I said I had been watching but not joining in . I had simply had enough because we have never had a pandemic like this happen in over 100 years and people like that are discouraging gullible people from getting vaccinated so yes that was my first post because believe it or not even as a Roosters tragic , this is a lot more important to me.
                          You may take time and be unsure of yourself but sorry as you may have notice I am more all guns blazing type . Has stood me in good stead though life to say what i feel and will continue to do so .
                          Again you have failed to point out who I am supposed to be so I am unable to properly respond to that other than, dam how many writing styles is there.
                          Lastly but extremely important yes you are entitled to your opinion but yes you are WRONG .
                          I should add that at the end of the day it truly doesn't matter that you believe me or not. I just find it shallow that so many speak of opinions being there own and everyone can have theirs but when someone new puts theirs forward in a way that doesn't suit your pleasure then they are presumed to be something they are not. That's me I'm done trying to convince you .
                          Last edited by GT3370; 08-04-2021, 05:45 PM.

Comment

My comment was in reply to GT's question to me about why I believe 'he knows a lot about what goes on here'. That is I suspect he is not a new poster and he is asking me why. My response answers that question and is pretty clear I think.

There was more than one poster who contributed to the angst you refer to.
                            Absolutely there was however this is an Internet forum and you just need to suck it up sometimes.
                            FVCK CANCER

Comment

• Originally posted by GT3370 View Post

MR firstly I would like to address the RWB issue which for me is the main one . I didn't ask RWB for her personal information , I simply pointed out that without it then know one can give a logical answer . For all I know she may have a chronic fear of needles.
                              As I always stated everyone should in my opinion get the vaccination if they can . Otherwise this mess will keep dragging on.
                              I came on here all guns blazing as you say and if you care to read my post and reference it to the anti government , anti vaxer dribble that said poster has be spraying which as I said I had been watching but not joining in . I had simply had enough because we have never had a pandemic like this happen in over 100 years and people like that are discouraging gullible people from getting vaccinated so yes that was my first post because believe it or not even as a Roosters tragic , this is a lot more important to me.
                              You may take time and be unsure of yourself but sorry as you may have notice I am more all guns blazing type . Has stood me in good stead though life to say what i feel and will continue to do so .
                              Again you have failed to point out who I am supposed to be so I am unable to properly respond to that other that , dam how many writing styles is there.
                              Lastly but extremely important yes you are entitled to your opinion but yes you are WRONG .
                              I should add that at the end of the day it truly doesn't matter that you believe me or not. I just find it shallow that so many speak of opinions being there own and everyone can have theirs but when someone new puts theirs forward in a way that doesn't suit your pleasure then they are presumed to be something they are not. That's me I'm done trying to convince you .
                              Thanks for your reply GT.
                              You asked specifically for RWB’s medical condition and commented that you cannot think of any yourself that would prohibit someone from getting the jab. But if she cares to tell you what it is then maybe you could help her.

The writing style is the style where a space is inserted before the comma , or full stop as such . It does seem very familiar.

However, I’ll take you at your word but just remember I happen to agree with you on Covid and vaccinations etc so I have no problem with your opinions on that whatsoever. I do have problems with people misrepresenting who they are however as there’s no integrity in that and it’s not fine in my book. But since you’ve told me you’re new here then I guess I don’t have to worry about that.

Comment

Thanks for your reply GT.
                                You asked specifically for RWB’s medical condition and commented that you cannot think of any yourself that would prohibit someone from getting the jab. But if she cares to tell you what it is then maybe you could help her.

The writing style is the style where a space is inserted before the comma , or full stop as such . It does seem very familiar.

However, I’ll take you at your word but just remember I happen to agree with you on Covid and vaccinations etc so I have no problem with your opinions on that whatsoever. I do have problems with people misrepresenting who they are however as there’s no integrity in that and it’s not fine in my book. But since you’ve told me you’re new here then I guess I don’t have to worry about that.
                                Again I did not asked , I stated that without knowing her condition I could not and neither could anyone else answer her question on if she should get the vaccine .I did say and I will admit but of course did not in my opinion say I you would like to share .In my opinion that is not asking but stating that is she wanted a proper answer then without it I couldn't give it .Makes sense to me but obviously does not to you .And again with the back handed insult of suggesting I am not who I say I am without actually saying who you believe I am . Rediculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X