Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats on the menu for dinner these days??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by milanja View Post
    Will also finally buy my suckling pig in a can from french’s Forrest tmrw, has been years since I wanted to get it.
    https://www.thegrocer.com.au/shop/su...2-5kg-ndw-tin/
    man, that looks good. i used to get suckling pig from Chinatown. haven't been there for a while but.

Comment

• Originally posted by zac View Post

man, that looks good. i used to get suckling pig from Chinatown. haven't been there for a while but.
      Yeah it seems to freak a few people out when I tell them it is half a suckling pig in a tin can, But it does sound delicious when done hopefully.

Comment

Will also finally buy my suckling pig in a can from french’s Forrest tmrw, has been years since I wanted to get it.
        https://www.thegrocer.com.au/shop/su...2-5kg-ndw-tin/
        I remember you mentioned that you saw it in a deli at Berry a few years ago and you were interested in trying it.

Comment

• Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

I remember you mentioned that you saw it in a deli at Berry a few years ago and you were interested in trying it.
          Bought the piggy today,

since the wife was camped up inside for the last week, on the way out from french’s Forrest back to Canberra we took a wrong turn, and saw a sign to dee why, so decided to get a late brekkie, popped into girdlers cafe and ordered a bacon and egg roll with “charcoal” bread? Sat on a park bench overlooking the ocean, one of the better egg and bacons I’ve had, impartial to the black bun though, maybe a mind trick that it had a Smokey flavour, but could of just been the bacon.

i would order again in such a nice location though.

Comment

Bought the piggy today,

since the wife was camped up inside for the last week, on the way out from french’s Forrest back to Canberra we took a wrong turn, and saw a sign to dee why, so decided to get a late brekkie, popped into girdlers cafe and ordered a bacon and egg roll with “charcoal” bread? Sat on a park bench overlooking the ocean, one of the better egg and bacons I’ve had, impartial to the black bun though, maybe a mind trick that it had a Smokey flavour, but could of just been the bacon.

i would order again in such a nice location though.
            Dee Why would have been a nice deviation, always find it a pleasant spot, I often have a short break at Narrabeen around the end of November or early December and usually go to Dee Why for yum cha at Wockbar or sometimes fish and chips. Was Ryan at the the cafe ? I have seen him at Dee Why before but that was a few years ago.

Comment

Well I tried the raspberry cheesecake and lemon meringue pie from Pattinsons, not the best, the cheesecake was in a pastry cup, and the crust sort of emulsified into the filling making it very dense. The lemon meringue was also so so.

on the way home tmrw I will go through woollahra to vics meats which I found out around Christmas time, now also do cakes and desserts, my favourite shop in Sydney
              Hope you arrived home safely . That's disappointing about the bakery and I think quality goes down when bakeries turn into franchises or chains. We have Johnny's Patisserie up the road from here and even though I rarely go in there because there's not much I can eat from them, they make everything on the premises. There is also the Royal Bakery in the main part of Rose Bay and they have at least 4 types of gluten free cake. I also like Fish Cove, the relatively new seafood shop near the Rose Bay Hotel with so many grilled healthy options. Every time I think of Vic's Meats, I think of SKD as they used to sponsor him plus Oprah paid a visit too. Cakes in a butcher shop..now that I gotta see..once we are allowed back on the buses for leisure trips, I'll pay a visit to Woollahra..
              "It's these little things, they can pull you under
              Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

• Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

Hope you arrived home safely . That's disappointing about the bakery and I think quality goes down when bakeries turn into franchises or chains. We have Johnny's Patisserie up the road from here and even though I rarely go in there because there's not much I can eat from them, they make everything on the premises. There is also the Royal Bakery in the main part of Rose Bay and they have at least 4 types of gluten free cake. I also like Fish Cove, the relatively new seafood shop near the Rose Bay Hotel with so many grilled healthy options. Every time I think of Vic's Meats, I think of SKD as they used to sponsor him plus Oprah paid a visit too. Cakes in a butcher shop..now that I gotta see..once we are allowed back on the buses for leisure trips, I'll pay a visit to Woollahra..
                Thanks RWB,

tell me what you think of vics, everything is so perfectly presented, and watching the butchers in their full attire cut up one of their animals is great too.

at lunch times they usually have a roasting meat for takeaway sandwiches.

Comment

Thanks RWB,

tell me what you think of vics, everything is so perfectly presented, and watching the butchers in their full attire cut up one of their animals is great too.

I might go in August and get something to cook for my birthday as it's always freezing then. I don't eat a lot of meat but it's nice for a treat now and then. Gotta check out the desserts too...It's been described as the Louis Vuitton of butcher shops..

Comment

• Steak chips and salad tonight.thats where its at ‍♀️

Comment

• French brie, pepita seed crackers and fruit and a 59-0 scoreline.

Comment

• Needed to go to Sydney for a couple days , so went to vics meats at Woollahra again, their porchetta roll with crackling was yum, had their creme brulee, which were absolutely deliciously creamy and amazing.

went for a walk and got a banana smoothie from kukthai, not sure how they made it, but it was one of the best I have had.

queen street has become a little foodie favourite of mine, found the Lord Dudley Hotel a few streets away, nice to get such a unique pub in the suburbs.

Comment

Needed to go to Sydney for a couple days , so went to vics meats at Woollahra again, their porchetta roll with crackling was yum, had their creme brulee, which were absolutely deliciously creamy and amazing.

went for a walk and got a banana smoothie from kukthai, not sure how they made it, but it was one of the best I have had.

queen street has become a little foodie favourite of mine, found the Lord Dudley Hotel a few streets away, nice to get such a unique pub in the suburbs.
                          I was there the weekend before last, went in and had a look Vics meat, didn't buy anything this time as i did't want to linger although there are a few things i will check out next visit, had lunch at the Plane Tree cafe across the road, just had a reuben sandwich, it was simple and so tasty, also bought some zucchini , mint and feta patties from the deli a few doors up from Vic meats and had for breakfast/brunch the following day.

Going to do a pub crawl one day when things settle down and check out the pubs around the back streets of Paddington and Woollahra , been years since i have been to the pubs in the area, there were some good ones years ago.

Comment

• Was at huskisson during the week, had dinner at a Japanese restaurant there, had some sashimi and entrees that were good, but the main of overnight marinated grilled mackerel was sensational.

asked the chef later where the fish was from and he said japan, not sure if he meant the dish or the fish! But I didn’t want to ask him again.

Will try to replicate the dish when I find a mackerel that looks similar.

The husky pie at the pie shop there is still as good as always, and actually had a good feed at the husky pub on another night, they had a very nice mussels in tomato sauce, the mussels were from Eden they said.

Comment

Thanks RWB,

I'm heading over that way in 2 weeks for my birthday celebrations.

Comment

• Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

I'm heading over that way in 2 weeks for my birthday celebrations.
                                Happy birthday for then

the creme caramel, lemon meringue pie, and panna cotta are all very yummy.

Comment

Working...
                                X