Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats on the menu for dinner these days??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by milanja View Post

Happy birthday for then

the creme caramel, lemon meringue pie, and panna cotta are all very yummy.
    Thank you! I can eat 2 out of those 3 as they don't have gluten and I can have the chocolate mousse too but it looks very rich. I think the panna cotta will be the way to go as I can have it with fresh berries.
    "It's these little things, they can pull you under
    Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

• Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

Thank you! I can eat 2 out of those 3 as they don't have gluten and I can have the chocolate mousse too but it looks very rich. I think the panna cotta will be the way to go as I can have it with fresh berries.
      As I tell my wife who is lactose intolerant, have anything you like for your birthday, and sometimes she doesn’t suffer any of the consequences. Food is life, so you should spoil yourself sometimes.

Comment

As I tell my wife who is lactose intolerant, have anything you like for your birthday, and sometimes she doesn’t suffer any of the consequences. Food is life, so you should spoil yourself sometimes.
        I can't take the risk when it's coeliac disease but there is plenty to enjoy without gluten anyway. Woolies have a gluten free lemon cheesecake which is great with fresh blueberries.

Comment

I'm heading over that way in 2 weeks for my birthday celebrations.
          Oh, of course... the 3rd of August. Yourself and SBW if he's good enough to turn up.

I'd hold off on the chocolate if I were you and drink Bourbon instead - now that's gluten free and much less fattening. I suggest 'Wild Turkey' on the rocks (don't kill it with Coke) or if that's not to your liking; a Martini - shaken, not stirred naturally

Regardless, many happy returns.

Cheers
          "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

• Originally posted by 007 View Post

Oh, of course... the 3rd of August. Yourself and SBW if he's good enough to turn up.

I'd hold off on the chocolate if I were you and drink Bourbon instead - now that's gluten free and much less fattening. I suggest 'Wild Turkey' on the rocks (don't kill it with Coke) or if that's not to your liking; a Martini - shaken, not stirred naturally

Cheers
            Thank you very much 007 and I do listen to Shirley Bassey's Goldfinger quite often. Also have Madonna's Die Another Day but it's not the same genre really is it? I haven't been able to drink alcohol for many years but I will have a Robert Timms on the birthday morning in my 2013 grand final mug with SBW's photo on it. I have a friend who always jokes that she comes to my place for coffee with him. I had a gluten free chocolate coconut brownie today (just taste testing for the actual birthday of course) and it was delicious.

How have you been 007? I hope all is well..

Comment

Bought the piggy today,
              Had a thing called a piggyback roast not long ago, it was a piece of beef with pork and pork belly wrapped around it , Woolworths had them over Christmas and in the New Year when they were getting towards their best before date they were reduced from $ 52 to $4.62, I was very skeptical when I saw them but I bought one and put in the freezer, when I cooked it about a month ago it was delicious, beef was perfect, so was the pork and the crackling was superb, had plenty left over and it reheated perfectly again too, wish I would have got a couple more as they had plenty.

Comment

• Had salt and pepper chicken wings, black bean pippies, crab spring rolls, prawn dumplings and vegetarian dumplings from a few different stalls in Spice Alley in Kensington St for lunch today.

Comment

Needed to go to Sydney for a couple days , so went to vics meats at Woollahra again, their porchetta roll with crackling was yum, had their creme brulee, which were absolutely deliciously creamy and amazing.

went for a walk and got a banana smoothie from kukthai, not sure how they made it, but it was one of the best I have had.

queen street has become a little foodie favourite of mine, found the Lord Dudley Hotel a few streets away, nice to get such a unique pub in the suburbs.
                  Rethinking my birthday plans now as Paddo has had the virus go through it so I'll do something at home as I don't want any of my friends exposed either as they all have elderly parents. We are talking about going down to the Rocks area later in the year instead as I want to get together with colleagues from past jobs who have been helping me with my job search.

This one has always been on our list:

https://www.williamblue.edu.au/about...am-blue-dining

And this one is going to be where I will have my belated farewell dinner from the job I had to leave earlier this year in North Sydney. It's Limelight Thai:

https://limelight-cafe.com.au

Comment

• Originally posted by 007 View Post

Cheers
                    Well well well...

Comment

I found a cheesecake both myself and your wife may be able to have. It's a chocolate gluten and dairy free one from Woolies and they come in 2 sizes. The base is made from nuts and chickpeas with a cocoa filling.

Comment

I found a cheesecake both myself and your wife may be able to have. It's a chocolate gluten and dairy free one from Woolies and they come in 2 sizes. The base is made from nuts and chickpeas with a cocoa filling.
                        Thanks RWB, I’ll have a look.

hope the covid still lets you enjoy your birthday in a couple of days

Comment

Thanks RWB, I’ll have a look.

hope the covid still lets you enjoy your birthday in a couple of days
                          Thanks very much Milanja. I went to a hairdresser close by yesterday to treat myself as my longstanding one has retired (there goes my source for all Roosters related gossip as he was the one to told me that Teddy was coming long before it happened ) and I'm going to enjoy the day by going for some walks as it will be 19 in Sydney and having some nice salmon for lunch with a green salad at home and the cheesecake afterwards. There is also a series called Dolly Parton's Heartstrings which has just been nominated for an Emmy and each episode is based on one of her songs so I'm going to watch some of that too. I've told my family not to send gift cards or money this year and to donate the money instead in gratitude for me finding a new job through all of this. The little ones will still send me hand made cards and that is more meaningful anyway to me. I hope you and your family have a good weekend also and take care.

Comment

• Coconut rice pudding with blueberries and strawberries while watching the game from Thursday....even my food is redwhiteblue....

Comment

Coconut rice pudding with blueberries and strawberries while watching the game from Thursday....even my food is redwhiteblue....
                              Sounds delicious and Happy belated Birthday young lady .

Comment

• Mediterranean salad with pan fried mushrooms and asparagus , prawn , scallop and lobster bisque with a medium rare grainfed scotch fillet steak . Bellissimo .

Comment

Working...
                                X