Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats on the menu for dinner these days??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Will also finally buy my suckling pig in a can from french’s Forrest tmrw, has been years since I wanted to get it.
    https://www.thegrocer.com.au/shop/su...2-5kg-ndw-tin/
    Last edited by milanja; 05-17-2020, 12:26 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by milanja View Post
      Will also finally buy my suckling pig in a can from french’s Forrest tmrw, has been years since I wanted to get it.
      https://www.thegrocer.com.au/shop/su...2-5kg-ndw-tin/
      man, that looks good. i used to get suckling pig from Chinatown. haven't been there for a while but.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by zac View Post

        man, that looks good. i used to get suckling pig from Chinatown. haven't been there for a while but.
        Yeah it seems to freak a few people out when I tell them it is half a suckling pig in a tin can, But it does sound delicious when done hopefully.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by milanja View Post
          Will also finally buy my suckling pig in a can from french’s Forrest tmrw, has been years since I wanted to get it.
          https://www.thegrocer.com.au/shop/su...2-5kg-ndw-tin/
          I remember you mentioned that you saw it in a deli at Berry a few years ago and you were interested in trying it.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by horrie hastings View Post

            I remember you mentioned that you saw it in a deli at Berry a few years ago and you were interested in trying it.
            Bought the piggy today,

            since the wife was camped up inside for the last week, on the way out from french’s Forrest back to Canberra we took a wrong turn, and saw a sign to dee why, so decided to get a late brekkie, popped into girdlers cafe and ordered a bacon and egg roll with “charcoal” bread? Sat on a park bench overlooking the ocean, one of the better egg and bacons I’ve had, impartial to the black bun though, maybe a mind trick that it had a Smokey flavour, but could of just been the bacon.

            i would order again in such a nice location though.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by milanja View Post

              Bought the piggy today,

              since the wife was camped up inside for the last week, on the way out from french’s Forrest back to Canberra we took a wrong turn, and saw a sign to dee why, so decided to get a late brekkie, popped into girdlers cafe and ordered a bacon and egg roll with “charcoal” bread? Sat on a park bench overlooking the ocean, one of the better egg and bacons I’ve had, impartial to the black bun though, maybe a mind trick that it had a Smokey flavour, but could of just been the bacon.

              i would order again in such a nice location though.
              Dee Why would have been a nice deviation, always find it a pleasant spot, I often have a short break at Narrabeen around the end of November or early December and usually go to Dee Why for yum cha at Wockbar or sometimes fish and chips. Was Ryan at the the cafe ? I have seen him at Dee Why before but that was a few years ago.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by milanja View Post
                Well I tried the raspberry cheesecake and lemon meringue pie from Pattinsons, not the best, the cheesecake was in a pastry cup, and the crust sort of emulsified into the filling making it very dense. The lemon meringue was also so so.

                on the way home tmrw I will go through woollahra to vics meats which I found out around Christmas time, now also do cakes and desserts, my favourite shop in Sydney
                Hope you arrived home safely . That's disappointing about the bakery and I think quality goes down when bakeries turn into franchises or chains. We have Johnny's Patisserie up the road from here and even though I rarely go in there because there's not much I can eat from them, they make everything on the premises. There is also the Royal Bakery in the main part of Rose Bay and they have at least 4 types of gluten free cake. I also like Fish Cove, the relatively new seafood shop near the Rose Bay Hotel with so many grilled healthy options. Every time I think of Vic's Meats, I think of SKD as they used to sponsor him plus Oprah paid a visit too. Cakes in a butcher shop..now that I gotta see..once we are allowed back on the buses for leisure trips, I'll pay a visit to Woollahra..
                Never trust anyone who doesn't know all the words to Bohemian Rhapsody

                Comment


                • Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

                  Hope you arrived home safely . That's disappointing about the bakery and I think quality goes down when bakeries turn into franchises or chains. We have Johnny's Patisserie up the road from here and even though I rarely go in there because there's not much I can eat from them, they make everything on the premises. There is also the Royal Bakery in the main part of Rose Bay and they have at least 4 types of gluten free cake. I also like Fish Cove, the relatively new seafood shop near the Rose Bay Hotel with so many grilled healthy options. Every time I think of Vic's Meats, I think of SKD as they used to sponsor him plus Oprah paid a visit too. Cakes in a butcher shop..now that I gotta see..once we are allowed back on the buses for leisure trips, I'll pay a visit to Woollahra..
                  Thanks RWB,

                  tell me what you think of vics, everything is so perfectly presented, and watching the butchers in their full attire cut up one of their animals is great too.

                  at lunch times they usually have a roasting meat for takeaway sandwiches.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by milanja View Post

                    Thanks RWB,

                    tell me what you think of vics, everything is so perfectly presented, and watching the butchers in their full attire cut up one of their animals is great too.

                    at lunch times they usually have a roasting meat for takeaway sandwiches.
                    I might go in August and get something to cook for my birthday as it's always freezing then. I don't eat a lot of meat but it's nice for a treat now and then. Gotta check out the desserts too...It's been described as the Louis Vuitton of butcher shops..
                    Never trust anyone who doesn't know all the words to Bohemian Rhapsody

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X