Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Season over

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • We have great up and coming players but it’s going to take a few seasons for them to shine. The only serious contenders this year according to the media are Penrith and Souths. I would hope Penrith would win if it came down to that but Bennett is very shrewd.
    “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

    Comment


    • how about Gareth Widdop? would solve the halves problem and goal kicking in one

      Comment


      • [QUOTE=ConGa;n871323]how about Gareth Widdop? would solve the halves problem and goal kicking in one[/QUOTE

        Freddy's banging on that the Chooks should sign him - depending on what Friends decision is it could well be back on the cards?


        https://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...h1op50pie8ny52

        Comment


        • Next year I think we need to go for Mitch Kenny and Tevita Pangai Junior
          (assuming correctly Cords and Friendy retire).

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ConGa View Post
            how about Gareth Widdop? would solve the halves problem and goal kicking in one
            I watched him the other night playing for Warrington and he still has all the skills, also kicking goals from everywhere..

            Would be handy for us at the moment..

            Comment


            • He lost me by his diving on that Anzac Day. Not the right stuff to be a rooster.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                He lost me by his diving on that Anzac Day. Not the right stuff to be a rooster.

                It was Euan Aitken that was the diver on that occasion if I recall correctly.

                Comment


                • My take on our season being over is unfortunately a big yes. I don’t believe we have the defense to prevent getting thrashed by the top teams and in attack although we still have some fight it will not be enough. You need a really top defense to make the top 4 and we’ve had some very soft tries against us. Until we can reconstruct the Bondi wall I say we are no chance.
                  “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

                  Comment


                  • Hutchison at 6 tells you where our season will be going

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                      Next year I think we need to go for Mitch Kenny and Tevita Pangai Junior
                      (assuming correctly Cords and Friendy retire).
                      Pangai Jnr?? No way he is soft. we have better forwards already

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Blue Suede Schubert View Post


                        It was Euan Aitken that was the diver on that occasion if I recall correctly.
                        Not just him. Widdup had a couple of goes. So did Nathan Fien. Probably more that I can’t remember.

                        Widdup was just behind Aitken in the softcock stakes.

                        Not roosters material.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

                          Not just him. Widdup had a couple of goes. So did Nathan Fien. Probably more that I can’t remember.

                          Widdup was just behind Aitken in the softcock stakes.

                          Not roosters material.
                          Yea thinking further about it there were a few Anzac day games with Dragons divers. I just remembered Aitken specifically for some reason.

                          Comment


                          • "Originally posted by SunnyCoastChook"

                            Pangai Jnr?? No way he is soft. we have better forwards already




                            I agree . Watched Pangai Jnr a couple of years back in a test match NZ vs Tonga.
                            Brandon Smith ran straight through him and scored a try, and then Pangai proceeded to miss another couple of tackles when defending on his own tryline.
                            Pass.

                            Comment


                            • I'm watching the highlights of the NZ vs Tonga match in 2019.
                              Pangai Jnr (wearing No 11 jersey) missed two tackles on Shaun Johnson, and another on Jerome Hughes.
                              You can call the tackles pathetic, feeble or non existent - you can take your pick.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by SunnyCoastChook View Post
                                Hutchison at 6 tells you where our season will be going
                                Upwards and onwards

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X