Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Justin Carney: Why is this short fat man in our side?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stsae View Post
    I believe Carntey is just one of those blokes who is the fall guy for fans who need to appoint blame. Problem is we have a few of those in our team. I honestly don't know what he's done to offend so many, I don't see he's any worse than anyone else we have.
    I can answer that. Go back 14 months or so and all the whining arseholes of this forum were hailing Carney as the second coming of Christ based on his youtube video. Of course, coming back from a major injury, playing in a losing side and struggling somewhat with limited opportunities saw him fail to live up to that hype. Based on that he is hated and used as a scapegoat for our backline's lack of punch. Carney put on some nice fends yesterday. I think he is a solid fringe/depth player and is certainly not the biggest problem our side must overcome to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
      Some people on here really seem to rave on about Tagive.
      I would like to know how they know he's any good cause he's hardly played any first grade games?
      The same way we had the best pack in the comp before the season started. People confuse potential with ability.

Tagive did however play well in the trials, whilst Carney was hopeless. I think most thought Tagive may have jumped Carney in the pecking order but obviously not at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubai View Post
        The same way we had the best pack in the comp before the season started. People confuse potential with ability.

Tagive did however play well in the trials, whilst Carney was hopeless. I think most thought Tagive may have jumped Carney in the pecking order but obviously not at this stage.
        It all comes down to Smith's special arrangement.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Rooster_In_Hong Kong View Post
          I can answer that. Go back 14 months or so and all the whining arseholes of this forum were hailing Carney as the second coming of Christ based on his youtube video. Of course, coming back from a major injury, playing in a losing side and struggling somewhat with limited opportunities saw him fail to live up to that hype. Based on that he is hated and used as a scapegoat for our backline's lack of punch. Carney put on some nice fends yesterday. I think he is a solid fringe/depth player and is certainly not the biggest problem our side must overcome to improve.
          Mate, you won't last long on this forum with posts as intelligent and thoughtful as that

On another note, who do we all think "Pendulum"'s previous (obviously banned) identity was? For someone who has so much to say (most of it obnoxious, and at times passive-aggressive sarcastic), I am sure his only 250 odd posts mean he was here before as someone else.

Perhaps Sodomite/ Captain Caveman? Am I getting warm?

Comment

Or that bloke that worked for the Telegraph (can't remember his name)?

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
              Mate, you won't last long on this forum with posts as intelligent and thoughtful as that

On another note, who do we all think "Pendulum"'s previous (obviously banned) identity was? For someone who has so much to say (most of it obnoxious, and at times passive-aggressive sarcastic), I am sure his only 250 odd posts mean he was here before as someone else.

Perhaps Sodomite/ Captain Caveman? Am I getting warm?
              Yeah the Pendulum has definitely been here before or still is here as someone else. My guess is he is that lowlife Trewhella.

Comment

I went down to Shark Park to see the Jets play Cronulla and Tagive was okay but not a massive stand out to replace anyone in first grade. Neither were the wingers or fullback. They were too erratic and didnt do the little things well enough.
                Anthony Mitchell however was fantastic!! He was definitely a class above scoring two tries and looking dangerous pretty much the whole game. After the way NOT (Nephew Of Turvey) played I can't see Mitchell back in the NRL unless someone goes down injured. The Jets played well against the Sharks which had a lot of regular first graders from both Cronulla and the Storm. The quality of that game was waaaaay better than the Roosters vs Raiders. Especially when you consider it rained the whole match.
                Member 2008 - forever

Comment

Excellent post MrWong.

I also read he had an eye operation in the off season, apparently he had very limited vision all his life. May explain his edwardpenishands work in the past few seasons.

I reckon his handling has improved dramatically. IMO he should never pass again though, he belongs in the Mini school of off loaders.

That said he's a very good depth player. It's a long season and IMO it's all about what we can get from those Fringies.

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by stsae View Post

I also read he had an eye operation in the off season, apparently he had very limited vision all his life. May explain his edwardpenishands work in the past few seasons.
                    Mr Wong actually had the same surgery himself about 2.5 years ago and the difference is really incredible. I'm not sure if Hulk Carney was wearing contact lenses previously or just playing blind. Either way he has to be in better shape now. For me I went from being very short-sighted to having 20/20 vision. The best money I have ever spent to be honest.

Comment

Mr Wong actually had the same surgery himself about 2.5 years ago and the difference is really incredible. I'm not sure if Hulk Carney was wearing contact lenses previously or just playing blind. Either way he has to be in better shape now. For me I went from being very short-sighted to having 20/20 vision. The best money I have ever spent to be honest.
                      Nice one MrWong, I have a dicky eyeball myself and it's bloody annoying at times.

From memory Carntey didn't realize he had a problem it was something he'd carried since childhood. There was an article preseason, I'm sure I read it here???

The FlogPen .

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Interesting MRHK, as I'm short sighted myself and wear contact lenses, which are OK but a long term solution would be preferable.

I'll have to look into it at one stage, once I've done the improvements and renos I want to do on the home front.

Bloody amazed that JC didn't realise he had a problem - surely the fact everything not right in front of your nose looks fuzzy would be a clue that you have sight issues?

And you'd hate to be a passenger in his car, that's for sure. That's when I realised I had sight issues, when I went for my license years and years ago.

NC
                        Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Could have been born with it & not realised it wasn't normal.
                          Could have been a gradual thing, as well.
                          I have 4th nerve palsy (look it up) & it is BLOODY ANNOYING.
                          It came on me suddenly more than 12 mths ago.
                          Surgery an option, but expensive & no guarantee.
                          It will improve with time, I am told, but may take up to 10 years.
                          At least I can look at the world with a different view to most

Comment

NC if you have the money I seriously recommend you look into it as soon as possible. It is one of those things that you can put off for years without getting around to it. I bit the bullet and did it. The procedure is quick and painless, although it is very uncomfortable. But honestly even after 2.5 years I still find myself pondering what a wonderful miracle of a procedure LASIK is. I do a lot of swimming and it just makes life so much easier. You look better and feel more confident as well. Hell, I reckon if you got it and it worked you would actually finally be able to see what a good player Sonny-Bill Williams really is

Comment

Having just paid off my mortgage, renos and improvements have first priority, as I've done none for years as I concentrated on paying off the mortgage.

Yesterday's game was painful enough with limited eyesight, I wouldn't have wanted to have to suffer that with all the errors magnified!

And no matter how good my eyesight I never want to see Scummy Bill at the Chooks. And that has nothing to do with his talent, I agree is a talented footballer. But with the talent comes the person that he is, and that is a very self centred individual with an unpleasant entourage. I honestly don't believe it is the best interests of the Roosters club at this time to be lumbered with him and the circus he brings.

But I am halfway resigned to the fact that he will arrive and I'll just have to suck it up and deal with it. You get used to that being a long term Chookies fan.
                              Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Working...
                              X