No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fletch View Post
    Crichton had 35 tackles and 105 run metres easily out producing any other forward apart from JWH don't think Radley should escape the finger pointing tonight he needs to run far more often than he has done lately only 4 runs for 31m is completely unacceptable for a lock who played 80 minutes.
    Radley had 17 runs for 116 meters and 56 tackles???

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post
      Having a fit SST and having Collins back will go some way to remedying our woes in the pack.

Sitili has always been awful in defence and looks unlikely to improve.

Nat Butcher is a must to keep, as is Egan.

Not sold on Baker yet.

JWH is going to have to be carefully managed over the final 2 years of his contract. If he wants to play the way he does, it will not bode well for his longevity. Wouldn't surprise me to see a shift to the bench possible to get the most out of him possible.

If I had a choice for 2022, it would look like:

Starting:
      Collins
      Verills
      SST
      N Butcher
      Crichton
      Radley

Bench:
      Watson
      E Butcher
      JWH
      Whyte

Res:
      Baker
      Tapuha

Gone
      Liu - departing already
      Sitili - moved on
      Suluka Fifita - moved on

Gee that’s a pretty immobile, non creative starting pack. rads needs to be playing 20+ games.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Gee that’s a pretty immobile, non creative starting pack. rads needs to be playing 20+ games.
        Agree. It looks a bit slow and lumbering tbh. All of a sudden now I'm seeing a lot more value in why we bought Watson. I don't mind if he starts

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Not sure that Keary or Collins will be ready round 1 - Keary was injured in round 3 and Collins Round 8 this season - so it would be Hutch or Lam for Keary and Baker for Collins - Not sure if Tuku Hau Tapuka/ Naf Whyte will be elevated to the 30 man squad - The other issue is goal kicking
          1. Tedesco
          2. Toops
          3. Smith
          4. Manu
          5. Sualli
          6. Keary
          7. Walker
          8. JWH
          9. Verrills
          10. Collins
          11. Crichton
          12. Sitili
          13. Radley
          14. Watson
          15. SST
          16. N Butcher
          17. E Butcher
          18. Baker
          19. Lam
          20. Keighran
          21. Ikuvalu
          22. DSF
          23. Lussick
          24. Hutch
          25. ?
          26. ?
          27. ?
          28. ?
          29. ?
          30. ?

Huh? Tuku and Whyte will be in the 30. Same with vk

Comment

feel we are missing a seriously big body in the forwards. some one who can attract three or four players nearly every run and the pop an offload and then eventually starts to attract defensive attention that leave space else where.

hoping Tuku Hau Tapuha becomes that next year and kicks on

Comment

It’s funny because only a few weeks ago some blokes on here were saying we have one of the premier packs in the comp. Lol how that tune has changed now….

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
                It’s funny because only a few weeks ago some blokes on here were saying we have one of the premier packs in the comp. Lol how that tune has changed now….
                I still think we do to be honest. The position that we are really struggling is the 9. Verrills and co offer zero threat around the ruck and that puts so much pressure on our forwards. Tonight Manly were just gunning for our ball runners every tackle because they knew Marschke wouldn't run and even if he did, it's like he's stuck in quicksand. Same with Sam, he's still a bit gun shy after the knee injury and the jury is out on whether he's our long term option there. If we are truly chasing Brandon Smith I think that would indicate that Trent and co aren't sold on our hooking options either

Comment

Originally posted by ChookMaster View Post
                  We have had one of the premier packs for probably the last 8 years.

This year, still very good but not as much. as in previous years The key issues?

SST is still not right from ACL
                  Relative newcomer Sitili can't defend appropriate to a first grade level
                  Fringe forwards like Farmersilly, Fifita haven't/didn't come on as expected
                  Cordner & Friend gone (the biggest issue)

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post
                    Having a fit SST and having Collins back will go some way to remedying our woes in the pack.

Sitili has always been awful in defence and looks unlikely to improve.

Nat Butcher is a must to keep, as is Egan.

Not sold on Baker yet.

JWH is going to have to be carefully managed over the final 2 years of his contract. If he wants to play the way he does, it will not bode well for his longevity. Wouldn't surprise me to see a shift to the bench possible to get the most out of him possible.

If I had a choice for 2022, it would look like:

Starting:
                    Collins
                    Verills
                    SST
                    N Butcher
                    Crichton
                    Radley

Bench:
                    Watson
                    E Butcher
                    JWH
                    Whyte

Res:
                    Baker
                    Tapuha

Gone
                    Liu - departing already
                    Sitili - moved on
                    Suluka Fifita - moved on

Certainly wouldn't be moving Sitili or Baker on - DSF not sure what happened there but when extended bench and development players are selected ahead of you then maybe your not figuring in the coaches plans going forward
                    Last edited by King Salvo; 09-18-2021, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

I still think we do to be honest. The position that we are really struggling is the 9. Verrills and co offer zero threat around the ruck and that puts so much pressure on our forwards. Tonight Manly were just gunning for our ball runners every tackle because they knew Marschke wouldn't run and even if he did, it's like he's stuck in quicksand. Same with Sam, he's still a bit gun shy after the knee injury and the jury is out on whether he's our long term option there. If we are truly chasing Brandon Smith I think that would indicate that Trent and co aren't sold on our hooking options either
                      That will be the question regarding Collins and Keary too in how they will come back from ACL's notwithstanding Keary's concussion concerns.

I think some on here touting a premiership next year are getting a tad far ahead of themselves one has to say as basically Collins and Keary are the only two NRL established long term injured players back in 2022- Smith and Suaalli are not established NRL players as yet.

One would say Storm/Penrith/Souths (depending on who plays half) / Manly/Parramatta/ wont be going away in 2022 and other sides will also improve - Knights/Sharks/ Raiders/Titans/Dogs/Broncos /Warriors- unknown about how Cows/Dragons/Tigers will fair.

So making the 8 let alone top 4 may well be even a greater challenge than in 2021.

Lot of work to be done in the pre-season and the season review needs to address areas such as set completions plus defence under a new defence coach and discipline - reducing errors/penalties and set restarts conceded

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

I’m worried the model 2nd rower has changed and we’ve missed a beat, watching the likes of Josh Schuster (22 games), Koloamatangi (35 games) & Olakau’atu (29 games) all playing edge back row and tearing up this year suggests youth isn’t an issue but they’re all physical and skilful.
                        Yes, I agree and understand where you are coming from. Those 3 are absolute young guns who seem to have huge motors, a few of our boys dont give me that impression

Comment

Let’s be frank. Even fully fit next year we won’t win the competition. We need to add 2 experienced forwards and an experienced outside back or two. We could do with a creative dummy-half as well. I don’t think Politis is a man to have patience for development. He will want to bring in what we need so we can win it next year.

Comment

Possession is key to winning games and our ball handling is so bad that we are not able to build pressure. Crichton fumbled it on first tackle in their quarter and there were heaps of dropped balls by senior players. Scores of 40-60 are now commonplace against rooster teams because of lack of respect for the ball and trying to score off every play. Do we really think we are that good that we can win without bothering to master the basics?
                            “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

I think 2023 is when we we'll be out in the market, not 2022, so would be surprised to see Sims join. Robbo seems like a coach who will give players a chance to prove themselves first before rushing to the market.

Comment

Originally posted by Lydon View Post
                                I honestly think Tariq Sims is a must for next season,if we can get him for a good deal of course..
                                With Ice gone we need experience. Like someone else mentioned, it could be a LOD like signing.

Comment

Working...
                                X