Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChookMaster
    replied
    We haven’t signed anyone over 350K since when? Angus?

Leave a comment:

• Easts75
    replied
    Surely a signing is coming.?

Yes some are getting upgrades, but fark me we have lost some players.

Leave a comment:

• shagger
    replied
    We need to buy or find a good outside back/ goal kicker either from the NRL, super league, Nz Rugby, lower grades, or country rugby league somewhere. We need to have a player to cover all the player which are coming back from injury. A Keighran is not up to first grade standard I’m sorry to say.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks Fur Coat
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
    I've had a crack at a Bears possible team next year, allowing for everyone available for firsts as things stand:

1. Josh Bergamin
    2. Matt Ikuvalu
    3. Adam Keighran
    4. Brad Abbey
    5. VK or MGT
    6. Lam
    7. Hutch
    8. Fletch Baker
    9. Ben Marschke
    10. Renouf Atoni
    11. Egan Butcher
    ​12.Naufahu Whyte
    13. Ben Thomas

14. Jess Marschke
    15. Max Bailey
    16. Jerry Key
    17. Luca Moretti

I'm including big Tapuha in my top 17 for Easts, bit debatable. And left out Volkman which was tricky as he's classy and think has a future.

Sadly we never have EVERYONE available in reality. One can dream.
    And I left out guys like Tony Satini, Tom Carr and Freddy Lussick who would also have cases for inclusion.

When I look at this exercise, it seems the area we lack depth in is the three quarters. Any decent options we could snap up?

Leave a comment:

• Chookies74
    replied
    Originally posted by Monaco's Fan Club View Post
    Players nowhere near our 17 next year. Hutch, Keighan, Lam, Marshke, Ikuvalu, hopefully Toupanua.
    Agreed. sSitili just hasn't come on. Same mistakes in D, repeatedly. Egan looks like he offers much more upside.

Leave a comment:

• Steakface
    replied
    Originally posted by The Thracian View Post
    Only 3 players on the market to look at

Brandon Smith, no explanation needed
    Fotuaka from Gold Coast, absolute beast of a front rower only 21, he and Collins could be the future going forwards
    TRiq Simms can add some much needed aggression
    Smith - definitely. Quality player.
    Fotuaka - maybe, but that would likely mean letting go a couple of our props in the squad.
    Sims - overrated, massively. And expensive because he happened to scrape onto a NSW bench years ago. A hard no for me.

Leave a comment:

• Spirit of 66
    replied

Fotuaka from Gold Coast, absolute beast of a front rower only 21, he and Collins could be the future going forwards
    Moeaki Fotuaika is signed until the end of 2024 with the Titans.

Leave a comment:

• milanja
    replied

I wonder if Bryce Cartwright would be a better option than sims. Adds plenty of variety, and probably still cheap.

Leave a comment:

• The Thracian
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Yak
    replied
    Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
    The Storm will still be the team to beat in 2022. Who is their strength and conditioning coach?

The bloke is a God because they haven't had a serious injury since Slater missed 2016. After that I think Welch tore his ACL in 2018 but that's it.

They are a great team that ALWAYS has it's great players on the field when it matters.

They lose JAC, Finucane and perhaps more crucially Nicho Hynes next year but they still have the best spine by a mile with the game's two best hookers; and they surround those blokes with forwards that scrap tooth and nail for every inch and put their body on the line in every tackle.

An absolutely incredible footy club.

But again, they should still be a little weaker in 2022. As will Penrith and Souths. We are the only club that has a massive level of improvement in us. The big concern is our leadership and whether or not we'll be slightly too young in key areas.

But we should be top 4 easily, luck permitting.
    I’d say looking at the number of short term injuries is a better indication of how well the conditioning staff have performed. Long term injuries tend to be a culmination of a lot of factors all coming together at once that have a catastrophic effect on major tissues that can normally withstand a lot of load (eg. Achilles rupture, pec tear, ACL rupture, Lisfranc dislocation). In my opinion in most cases where athletes are trained to an adequate standard these are the “bad luck” type injuries, with some exceptions (eg. injuries in the gym). We had six season-ending injuries that I’d categorise as bad luck in Keary, Morris, Suaalii, Smith, Manu and Collins (which was the unluckiest of them all - the way he tore his ACL occurs in less than 10% of cases). Verrills was also out for a long period with a detached retina. Hutchison misses a lot of the season due to a punctured lung. And you could argue that concussions fall into this category as well, however there is plenty of training that can be done to reduce their likelihood (a bit similar to ACLs). But a lot of the time the force from external factors is far beyond what the tissues (in this case the brain) can withstand regardless of training status. Not withstanding further rule changes, I think it would take 20 or so years to see another similar injury toll in terms of total time spent recovering and injury type.

Leave a comment:

• Mickie Lane
    replied
    Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
    The Storm will still be the team to beat in 2022. Who is their strength and conditioning coach?

The bloke is a God because they haven't had a serious injury since Slater missed 2016. After that I think Welch tore his ACL in 2018 but that's it.

They are a great team that ALWAYS has it's great players on the field when it matters.

They lose JAC, Finucane and perhaps more crucially Nicho Hynes next year but they still have the best spine by a mile with the game's two best hookers; and they surround those blokes with forwards that scrap tooth and nail for every inch and put their body on the line in every tackle.

An absolutely incredible footy club.

But again, they should still be a little weaker in 2022. As will Penrith and Souths. We are the only club that has a massive level of improvement in us. The big concern is our leadership and whether or not we'll be slightly too young in key areas.

But we should be top 4 easily, luck permitting.
    I cant dislike them because they are so good.
    To win the comp this year without Smith just go's to show you what an incredible club they are. They had the 3 best players in the game who all retired & Melbourne dont miss a beat. Look at what happened to the Chooks when Freddy retired & then look at Melbourne instead of going down they go up. Anyone who doesn't rate Bellamy has rocks in their head.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks Fur Coat
    replied
    I've had a crack at a Bears possible team next year, allowing for everyone available for firsts as things stand:

1. Josh Bergamin
    2. Matt Ikuvalu
    3. Adam Keighran
    4. Brad Abbey
    5. VK or MGT
    6. Lam
    7. Hutch
    8. Fletch Baker
    9. Ben Marschke
    10. Renouf Atoni
    11. Egan Butcher
    ​12.Naufahu Whyte
    13. Ben Thomas

14. Jess Marschke
    15. Max Bailey
    16. Jerry Key
    17. Luca Moretti

I'm including big Tapuha in my top 17 for Easts, bit debatable. And left out Volkman which was tricky as he's classy and think has a future.

Sadly we never have EVERYONE available in reality. One can dream.

Leave a comment:

• FAZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
    A well rested full strength roosters team in round 1 2022 will ba a sight to behold
    Thank goodness the World Cup was called off. Roosters could have had 7 or 8 players involved. Now they can rest up and get ready for next year.

Leave a comment:

• BigCok007
    replied
    Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Sitili is best off the bench.
    Games must be started with big players in every position.

Crichton poor?
    Poor won't be good enough in 2022.........or shouldn't be.

"If you can't tackle...don't bother ringing up" - Jack Gibson
    Agree with Sitili off the bench, makes such an impact through the middle. Less pressure on his leaky defence with support around him. Actually wouldn’t mind seeing Egan have a go on the edge.

Leave a comment:

• Bondicigar
    replied
    A well rested full strength roosters team in round 1 2022 will ba a sight to behold

Leave a comment:

Working...
X