NRL 360 demise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post

Agree with you mighty , I use to enjoy the show but the rudeness is putting me off it, there's no excuse for bad manners and talking over people because they have a differing view reeks of arrogance.
    I hope they aren't trying to emulate American sports hosts such as Steven A Smith as it might be popular in the states but over bearing characters are generally resented by Aussies.
    Love Stephen A Smith. Makes it so much more interesting. Seems like everything with him is good intentions... but Kent on the other hand just seems like that cnt that no one wants to be around to be honest lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
      There is no such thing as a good footy show anymore. Ruan Simms on Sunday hijacks every topic and no one gets a word in. I find it amusing watching Freddy just sit back in his chair with a here we go again look on his face.
      Freddy is a pretty useless commentator/media personality to be fair never has much to offer
      Last edited by QWERTY; 06-03-2021, 09:04 PM.
      EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

If people are talking about them being worse than Ikin they must be bad
        The Internet is a place for posting silly things
        Try and be serious and you will look stupid
        sigpic

Comment

Paul Kent’s folksy piece on civil wars is a case of the great distraction. He knows his reasoning for his support of that flea PVL is unsustainable so he creates a new false war - between the players’ association head and the players. It’s a classic case of play the man not the ball. He doesn’t concern himself with the issue, rather he creates a convoluted war between Clint Newton and DCE. Well Kent, you genius, it won’t work. You are not fooling anyone. Like your good times video, where you clearly struggle to down a beer, you come across as a fraud. I can imagine you smiling in satisfaction as you write your article that you’ve written something witty and so so smart, instead it’s more like a piece of used toilet paper.

Comment

Originally posted by ccfc bondi View Post
            Hadley was at it last night too, pulling out the emotional card.
            Hadley has played the emotional manipulation card with Steve Mortimer and John Sattler. I thought Steve Mortimer was demented when he was playing, I remember trying to understand him when they interviewed him 30+ years ago. And John Sattler is 78 so I'd like see if there's beta-amyloid plaque build up in his brain before saying it was football caused it.

There are plenty of footballers who played for 10+ years, retired and have only physical ailments as a reminder.

Comment

I watch no football shows at all any more and from someone who watched between 6 to 7 games a weekend. I watch one only now.

Comment

And how much would rugba leeg super dope PVLittlebrain have enjoyed the 76 points in last night’s game. He’s told us how much we fans enjoy the big scores. Lots and lots of tries. This is from a moron who knows nothing about the game. And he’s loving the 12 first half penalties (9-3 to panthers of course) in tonight’s game. Big scores, big penalty counts, big dope.

Comment

Originally posted by QWERTY View Post
                  Freddy is a pretty useless commentator/media personality to be fair never has much to offer

Fair call, he'd be a good weather man

Comment

I don't even have my TV plugged in these days as I have so much IT equipment from work plugged in everywhere so that I don't have to leave my apartment in the cold during the week to go to work so I have no idea what panel shows are on these days. I watch all my shows on my laptop. I used to like Boots 'N'All on a Sunday afternoon as it was very nostalgic. I can't stand any type of chat show, even those ones us women are supposed to love..
                    "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                    Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

I thought Kent and Hooper were a little heavy handed to Lara but in my view she needs to stand up for herself in these panel shows because it's all theatre, but she did alright and next time she will be better prepared for any ambush.

As for the topic discussed...I am leaning far more to the players side than the issue of head knocks which the NRL and some sycophants in the media are trying to fool the public. The players are not against the issue of protecting the head. They are pissed off at the NRL giving false information about the fatigue factor which the players are adamant that the speed of the game is contributing to fatigue and careless incidents on the field, and that's what Lara was pointing out and I like how Ikin stopped Kent & Hooper by endorsing the comment about the 'data' that Lara brought up.

My problem with the show is listening to Marshall constantly talk about souffs like it's Souffs TV, but the worst is listening to Toovey debating about dumb topics. His voice and his arguments are like listening to sound while putting your eardrums through a vegetable shredder.

Comment

Of course, Peter Fitzsimons in the SMH has responded to Andrew John's article with his usual flippancy and virtue signalling, focussing on one sentence and ignoring the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by ccfc bondi View Post
                          Of course, Peter Fitzsimons in the SMH has responded to Andrew John's article with his usual flippancy and virtue signalling, focussing on one sentence and ignoring the rest.
                          I’ve got a theory on Fitz. He has realised that Yawnion is dying and that he may as well bring league down with it.
                          ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                            There is no such thing as a good footy show anymore. Ruan Simms on Sunday hijacks every topic and no one gets a word in. I find it amusing watching Freddy just sit back in his chair with a here we go again look on his face.
                            Ruan Sims needs a makeover in the style department, she is the worst dressed presenter on TV and if she does have a style makeover then she could also do with some elocution lessons as well.
                            Of all of the League girls, Danika Mason is the best in how she presents. Kumi Tagouchi the coolest tv presenter at present.

Comment

Danika Mason is one hot broad..
                              Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                                I’ve got a theory on Fitz. He has realised that Yawnion is dying and that he may as well bring league down with it.
                                you've only just realised that ?

Comment

Working...
                                X