NRL 360 demise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2013PREMIERS View Post

Saw someone say that the more people like Kent, Hooper et al go in to bad for Vlandys, the more he is losing control of the situation. Watching Lara and Ikin tonight presenting unbiased facts that go against the PVL narrative and then getting shot down and spoken over by Kent/Hooper is evidence of that. On the surface it's confusing, but Kent and Hooper are both paid big money by News, who receive huge advertising $ by racing NSW (run by PVL). I really do fear for the game while these kind of people have huge influence
    Bingo

Comment

Paul Kent used to be bearable. That’s changed. He and Hooper are completely destroying the show with their arrogance. On Monday they ganged up on Buzz and again tonight trying to talk over the top of Lara. I thought Lara spoke well and got her point across very articulately not that the other two could be bothered listening to her.

Comment

Both Kent and Hooper are making Ikin seem like a genius.

He’s called them both out a number of times in the last week (including about Ricky Stuart) and for the most part they have no answers.

Kent’s behaviour on MMM with Clint Newton was embarrassing and now he’s on a mission to get rid of him.

Hooper’s was also grandstanding and make a big mistake tonight. By calling the RLPA a toothless tiger, the chances of any player talking to him with a ‘scoop’ will be zero so eventually he’ll disappear from these shows.

Comment

Hooper is the drop kick who said a few weeks ago that the NRL needed a ‘dictatorship’ lead by PVL rather than leadership by committees. So we knew he was an a babbling imbecile before that comment, but following that moronic statement, we’d heard enough. Google Paul Kent boxing and you’ll see numerous photos of him boxing, with blood coming out of gashes in his head. And here he is pretending his argument against head high tackles is about stopping concussions. It’s not true. He’s a stooge for PVL. Don’t forget Kent was the most vocal commentator who called for the removal of Todd Greenberg. So that was ok, but now that the vast majority want PVL gone, he’s supporting him. Kent, you will go the same way as PVL; an unhappy footnote in the history of NRL, but no more.
          Last edited by Grant Hedger; 06-02-2021, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yak View Post
            I’ve really enjoyed the addition of Lara Pitt. She always brings a very balanced opinion. I’m constantly thinking “please let her finish her sentence, if you listened past 4 words you might realise how ridiculous your argument is”. It’s quite hilarious how their proof of players revolting is articles they’ve written without any players quoted. Do they not realise how stupid they sound. Don’t even get me started on Hoops. How that man has a job is beyond me. He takes a full minute to deliver a statement that someone else delivered far more articulately three mins earlier. And poor Lara has to sit through it and try not to lose her train of thought after he’s interrupted her to spew nonsense. The answer isn’t a pineapple James, you’re just an idiot.

I’d absolutely love if Keary called up for a chat and actually laid out why this autocratic approach is so flawed. It’s bleedingly obvious to anyone that understands the game that the instructions they’re giving to players to tackle low will definitely lead to more concussions. They’ve already come out saying 70% of concussions occur in defence. The other 30% being from illegal contact on an attacker. They interpreted this to mean that defender’s heads were connecting with attacker’s shoulders and this would also reduce from the new interpretations. You have not measured this so don’t just interpret the data you do have however it suits your agenda. Without getting into the biomechanics of it all the hip region is significantly more dangerous when it comes to decelerating the head in the way that causes heavy concussion than the front of the shoulder ever could be. Players understand this because they’ve experienced it. Officials have to wait three years until they have “the data” to realise they’ve got it wrong, which based on recent statements will just be misinterpreted to avoid litigation anyway. The NRL is knowingly choosing a dictatorship over collective intelligence. They couldn’t care less about the welfare of the players. If they did they’d let them voice their opinions.

Unfortunately, the new norm will be players staying down at least once a set when there is an incidental tap to the head. The clubs that play in the spirit of the game will be disadvantaged. Soft tries will be aplenty with offloads galore from low players tackling below the ball. Meanwhile, bad concussions from head-hip collisions will become more common with more fatigued defenders trying to make more desperate tackles (from all the second phase) that will inevitably need to be low so as to not be sin-binned. And tragically a lot of these concussions will not be recorded and instead be lost in the ether because you don’t get penalties for staying down in defence, you get sacked. And these are the players who are not given a voice. That’s the game I’d be more afraid of as a parent.
            Good post, it was never about welfare, just covering and reconfirming their stance coming out of the Eels game.
            "I don't think anything I've ever done is wrong" - Homer J Simpson

Comment

Last night James Graham put Kenty in his place by demonstrating that PVL has been serially undermining the players on multiple issues since his appointment. 24 hours later Kenty back to old tricks. "Sorry (not sorry) for interrupting Lara". Shooting Lara down for wanting to use data, and then immediately shooting down the players suggestions of fatigue because there is insufficient data to prove they are fatigued.

oh. I just remembered Kenty's idiotic reference to Henry Ford. Henry never consulted the workers, they just did exactly what the big boss told them to do. Kenty thinks it is the early 1900s and PVL is the equivalent of Henry Ford with complete control of every aspect of his own company, and the workers have no rights at all.

Last edited by dice; 06-03-2021, 12:24 AM.

Comment

There is no such thing as a good footy show anymore. Ruan Simms on Sunday hijacks every topic and no one gets a word in. I find it amusing watching Freddy just sit back in his chair with a here we go again look on his face.

Comment

Never watch it but happened to turn it on the other night, and Hadley was on. Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse. Won't be making the same mistake again. All the news corp puppets are cringe worthy, none more so than Paul "Creepy" Crawley.

Comment

What more would you expect from Murdoch employees?

Also, now that they’ve brought Hadley in, Kent did his best impression of Way on that Triple M interview with Clint Newton.

Punchdrunk Paul
                    ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by Yak View Post
                      I’ve really enjoyed the addition of Lara Pitt. She always brings a very balanced opinion. I’m constantly thinking “please let her finish her sentence, if you listened past 4 words you might realise how ridiculous your argument is”. It’s quite hilarious how their proof of players revolting is articles they’ve written without any players quoted. Do they not realise how stupid they sound. Don’t even get me started on Hoops. How that man has a job is beyond me. He takes a full minute to deliver a statement that someone else delivered far more articulately three mins earlier. And poor Lara has to sit through it and try not to lose her train of thought after he’s interrupted her to spew nonsense. The answer isn’t a pineapple James, you’re just an idiot.

I’d absolutely love if Keary called up for a chat and actually laid out why this autocratic approach is so flawed. It’s bleedingly obvious to anyone that understands the game that the instructions they’re giving to players to tackle low will definitely lead to more concussions. They’ve already come out saying 70% of concussions occur in defence. The other 30% being from illegal contact on an attacker. They interpreted this to mean that defender’s heads were connecting with attacker’s shoulders and this would also reduce from the new interpretations. You have not measured this so don’t just interpret the data you do have however it suits your agenda. Without getting into the biomechanics of it all the hip region is significantly more dangerous when it comes to decelerating the head in the way that causes heavy concussion than the front of the shoulder ever could be. Players understand this because they’ve experienced it. Officials have to wait three years until they have “the data” to realise they’ve got it wrong, which based on recent statements will just be misinterpreted to avoid litigation anyway. The NRL is knowingly choosing a dictatorship over collective intelligence. They couldn’t care less about the welfare of the players. If they did they’d let them voice their opinions.

Unfortunately, the new norm will be players staying down at least once a set when there is an incidental tap to the head. The clubs that play in the spirit of the game will be disadvantaged. Soft tries will be aplenty with offloads galore from low players tackling below the ball. Meanwhile, bad concussions from head-hip collisions will become more common with more fatigued defenders trying to make more desperate tackles (from all the second phase) that will inevitably need to be low so as to not be sin-binned. And tragically a lot of these concussions will not be recorded and instead be lost in the ether because you don’t get penalties for staying down in defence, you get sacked. And these are the players who are not given a voice. That’s the game I’d be more afraid of as a parent.
                      And how many players now do we see putting their hands up appealing for a sin-bin! At least we got some sense from Andrew Johns in the SMH today.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/thi...02-p57xc4.html

Comment

Wrote to Fox Sports and told them that Kent and Hooper need their egos checked at the security desk and that they should apologise on air to Lara. Kent is very full of himself and you cant call Hopper a half wit because that would imply he had half a brain.

Comment

What really bothers me is whenever someone question the “ crackdown” they accuse him of not caring about player welfare! DCE repeatedly said it’s about a raft of things dating back to last year , but K$unt kept ignoring him and talking about player welfare BS.
                          The irony is that on Tuesday when they used Mortimer as a tool, they kept showing highlights of him getting knocked out when TACKLING, not when being TACKLED! Damn fools.

Comment

The way the go after Gus Gould is also pretty appalling. Classic Super League stuff.

Screw News Limiited.

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                              The way the go after Gus Gould is also pretty appalling. Classic Super League stuff.

Screw News Limiited.
                              It's become quite the furore since their rort from the Eels match.

As much as it sux, it has motivated certain parties. Hopefully this situation can expose the news corp hypocrisy.

Brought in the 6 again to stop wrestlemania and the WWE team wins the comp.

Get news corpse out of the game.
                              "I don't think anything I've ever done is wrong" - Homer J Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by mightyrooster View Post
                                Paul Kent used to be bearable. That’s changed. He and Hooper are completely destroying the show with their arrogance. On Monday they ganged up on Buzz and again tonight trying to talk over the top of Lara. I thought Lara spoke well and got her point across very articulately not that the other two could be bothered listening to her.
                                Agree with you mighty , I use to enjoy the show but the rudeness is putting me off it, there's no excuse for bad manners and talking over people because they have a differing view reeks of arrogance.
                                I hope they aren't trying to emulate American sports hosts such as Steven A Smith as it might be popular in the states but over bearing characters are generally resented by Aussies.

Comment

Working...
                                X