No announcement yet.

NRL 360 demise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kent was at it again tonight with his mindless bleating about 'concussions' in response to Phil "Buzz " Rothfields calls for common sense from the officials.

He doesn't seem to get it (or want to listen) that the complaints are about the broadbrush approach whereby a fingernail touching the head of a tackled player is punished. No one supports concussions but they are making the cure worse than the disease. Think Victorian state-wide lockdowns, schools closed etc...wow, poor bastards living there.

And I like Buzz on that show. Like Lara he is quite attractive and the bovver boys tend to gang tackle him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
      Kent was at it again tonight with his mindless bleating about 'concussions' in response to Phil "Buzz " Rothfields calls for common sense from the officials.

He doesn't seem to get it (or want to listen) that the complaints are about the broadbrush approach whereby a fingernail touching the head of a tackled player is punished. No one supports concussions but they are making the cure worse than the disease. Think Victorian state-wide lockdowns, schools closed etc...wow, poor bastards living there.

And I like Buzz on that show. Like Lara he is quite attractive and the bovver boys tend to gang tackle him.
      Buzz always looks like he's been on the turps

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
        I’ve got a theory on Fitz. He has realised that Yawnion is dying and that he may as well bring league down with it.
        One of My Sisters went to School with his wife LW (Primary to year 12) and also worked with her at a local shoe shop Thursday Nights/Saturday mornings/ School Holidays - I played League against and Union with LW's Brother - Her Father was a big wig at the Rugby Union Club - Campbelltown Harlequins.

The W's always thought they were better than the rest of us and their view is the view we all should have which is an old Red Cuban Bandana trait one has to say.

Comment

Thanks for your concern Coat.

Somehow that advertising money that News gets from racing and league may get them a bit of favourable editorial to get their point through. Or maybe a few guest passes to the chairman’s lounge at Wandwich.

My bovver is that Kent is a pugilist, where the whole game is head knocks. So why the concern about a glance or two? Can he refrain from commenting or hosting boxing nights while he has such worries? Doubt it, he’ll be front and centre, bow-tie and all for Gals fight, without the slightest concern about the hundreds of head knocks he’ll oversee and cheer on.
          ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Something has to be good in the first place before it can have a 'demise'. Fox's footy program? Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
              Thanks for your concern Coat.

Somehow that advertising money that News gets from racing and league may get them a bit of favourable editorial to get their point through. Or maybe a few guest passes to the chairman’s lounge at Wandwich.

My bovver is that Kent is a pugilist, where the whole game is head knocks. So why the concern about a glance or two? Can he refrain from commenting or hosting boxing nights while he has such worries? Doubt it, he’ll be front and centre, bow-tie and all for Gals fight, without the slightest concern about the hundreds of head knocks he’ll oversee and cheer on.
              Damn straight.

Comment

not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

not that there’s anything wrong with that.
                  That is the first time in his life that anyone has called that red cheeked beetroot headed alcoholic attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by QWERTY View Post
                    Freddy is a pretty useless commentator/media personality to be fair never has much to offer
                    Totally disagree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Batemans Bay Rooster View Post

Totally disagree with that.
                      Me too. I think Freddy is a real character with a unique perspective on the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                        Danika Mason is one hot broad..
                        She can't speak properly. Stops in the middle of sentences and emphasises the wrong words. Thrown in the occasional "look", "um" and "ah" for good measure. I can't stand it.

Funnily enough Erin Molan was even worse when she started but they put a lot of work into the product you see now, which is great.

Comment

Kent finally said something sensible last night. When discussing the Panthers loss to the tigers and how they were missing 7 players, Kent said the only teams that have the character to miss so many players and carry on with the back ups as normal are the Roosters and the Storm, and said that Penrith are not there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                            Kent finally said something sensible last night. When discussing the Panthers loss to the tigers and how they were missing 7 players, Kent said the only teams that have the character to miss so many players and carry on with the back ups as normal are the Roosters and the Storm, and said that Penrith are not there yet.
                            You can't compare. Panthers a dream run with injuries and then 8 players out in one go, and replacements no experience playing together.

I backed the Tigers to win for that reason. If they were to play again next week I would probably back the Panthers.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

She can't speak properly. Stops in the middle of sentences and emphasises the wrong words. Thrown in the occasional "look", "um" and "ah" for good measure. I can't stand it.

Funnily enough Erin Molan was even worse when she started but they put a lot of work into the product you see now, which is great.
                              No.

Danika very good, Erin not so good. Overplays the raucous laughter and inside jokes with the buddy boys. Too introspective, its about the audience not the panel members Ezzy.

Comment

No.

Danika very good, Erin not so good. Overplays the raucous laughter and inside jokes with the buddy boys. Too introspective, its about the audience not the panel members Ezzy.
                                Vonnie annoys me with her constant laughing too.

Comment

Working...
                                X