NRL 360 demise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRL 360 demise

That apologist for PVL, Paul Kent is ruining NRL 360. Shouting over the top of Ben Ikin and Lara Pitt is an embarrassment. And to be backed up by that fool Hooper, says it all. Kent the dope, is happy to promote and commentate boxing but is now suddenly concerned about concussions? You’re kidding. You have no credibility.

Kent and Hooper are scourges of humanity.

How their employers have let them get away with that level of bullying and narcissism is beyond me.
    Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Hardly ever watch any of the league shows except if I am at hon a Sunday I will watch that footy show ..but 360 i have watched the last few days..abysmal ..no logies going there way .Kent a lack for Vlandys for sure.
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Had to turn it off. The treatment of Lara Pitt is a disgrace. She’s the most intelligent there and brings no agenda. She doesn’t have to be. News puppet sticking up for their man Pete. I do worry that her time may be limited though if she doesn’t play ball. Too much integrity to last in that environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post

How their employers have let them get away with that level of bullying and narcissism is beyond me.
          You’re joking right? They encourage it.

Comment

Yeh I've really been turned off it of late, Kent has always been the weakest part of that show but his ego seems to be getting out of control now.

Sad to see the way they treat Lara Pitt every time she's on the show. She's one of the few who actually seem to have credible information on the topics at hand too so I'm always interested to hear what she thinks as she always provides a different view point but rarely gets a second to breathe when she speaks.

Comment

I've steered clear just by the thumbnail pics on YouTube. Obviously defending PVL with their arrogance.

Even buzz makes valid points and they bully him, so the girls have no chance. Very unprofessional but it's what you get from the page of Murdoch and news corp anyway.

Unwatchable.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post

Foxsports have really brought into the outrage culture of late, they know nothing sells better than controversy and integrity matters little for them. Seriously some of the articles and headlines they have been publishing this year have been nothing short of embarrassing. It's who they are as and organisation now.

Comment

Lara was really good tonight, held her ground and challenged Kent for facts rather than his spin doctored emotion.

He also gave the same shit to DCE, who equally was good in response.

What is wrong with this bloke, esp on this issue??

Comment

Kent was just an embarrassment tonight. Just like V'landys, getting all hot and bothered that anyone dare suggest anything else other than the party line. Hadley was at it last night too, pulling out the emotional card. They've both been aiming at the players unhappy with V'landys calling them this and that and missing the point. There's a real big brother thing going on and I wondered if the players are running scared now, judging by the interview with Cherry Evans.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                      Lara was really good tonight, held her ground and challenged Kent for facts rather than his spin doctored emotion.

He also gave the same shit to DCE, who equally was good in response.

What is wrong with this bloke, esp on this issue??
                      Something's changed in the past few weeks that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by stringaz View Post

Something's changed in the past few weeks that's for sure.
                        Saw someone say that the more people like Kent, Hooper et al go in to bat for Vlandys, the more he is losing control of the situation. Watching Lara and Ikin tonight presenting unbiased facts that go against the PVL narrative and then getting shot down and spoken over by Kent/Hooper is evidence of that. On the surface it's confusing, but Kent and Hooper are both paid big money by News, who receive huge advertising $ by racing NSW (run by PVL). I really do fear for the game while these kind of people have huge influence
                        Last edited by 2013PREMIERS; 06-03-2021, 12:30 AM.
                        #InRobboWeTrust

Comment

One consistent theme with Kent is he is usually "anti player". Always sides with the hierarchy or referees, officials etc.

Maybe he's jealous that he wasn't good enuff to make the grade? A few Bears reserves games at best I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                            Yeh I've really been turned off it of late, Kent has always been the weakest part of that show but his ego seems to be getting out of control now.

Sad to see the way they treat Lara Pitt every time she's on the show. She's one of the few who actually seem to have credible information on the topics at hand too so I'm always interested to hear what she thinks as she always provides a different view point but rarely gets a second to breathe when she speaks.
                            I take some consolation from the fact the players probably respect and trust her more than the other ones.

Comment

I’ve really enjoyed the addition of Lara Pitt. She always brings a very balanced opinion. I’m constantly thinking “please let her finish her sentence, if you listened past 4 words you might realise how ridiculous your argument is”. It’s quite hilarious how their proof of players revolting is articles they’ve written without any players quoted. Do they not realise how stupid they sound. Don’t even get me started on Hoops. How that man has a job is beyond me. He takes a full minute to deliver a statement that someone else delivered far more articulately three mins earlier. And poor Lara has to sit through it and try not to lose her train of thought after he’s interrupted her to spew nonsense. The answer isn’t a pineapple James, you’re just an idiot.

I’d absolutely love if Keary called up for a chat and actually laid out why this autocratic approach is so flawed. It’s bleedingly obvious to anyone that understands the game that the instructions they’re giving to players to tackle low will definitely lead to more concussions. They’ve already come out saying 70% of concussions occur in defence. The other 30% being from illegal contact on an attacker. They interpreted this to mean that defender’s heads were connecting with attacker’s shoulders and this would also reduce from the new interpretations. You have not measured this so don’t just interpret the data you do have however it suits your agenda. Without getting into the biomechanics of it all the hip region is significantly more dangerous when it comes to decelerating the head in the way that causes heavy concussion than the front of the shoulder ever could be. Players understand this because they’ve experienced it. Officials have to wait three years until they have “the data” to realise they’ve got it wrong, which based on recent statements will just be misinterpreted to avoid litigation anyway. The NRL is knowingly choosing a dictatorship over collective intelligence. They couldn’t care less about the welfare of the players. If they did they’d let them voice their opinions.

Unfortunately, the new norm will be players staying down at least once a set when there is an incidental tap to the head. The clubs that play in the spirit of the game will be disadvantaged. Soft tries will be aplenty with offloads galore from low players tackling below the ball. Meanwhile, bad concussions from head-hip collisions will become more common with more fatigued defenders trying to make more desperate tackles (from all the second phase) that will inevitably need to be low so as to not be sin-binned. And tragically a lot of these concussions will not be recorded and instead be lost in the ether because you don’t get penalties for staying down in defence, you get sacked. And these are the players who are not given a voice. That’s the game I’d be more afraid of as a parent.

Comment

Working...
                              X