Offical Match Day Thread: Roosters v Raiders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offical Match Day Thread: Roosters v Raiders

Last game was nothing short of disgraceful. Playing against a very weak opposition on a night set aside to honour a club legend.

A dedicated performance tonight played with the right attitude will go a little way to erase the memory of last week.

Let's not kid ourselves. We are playing a club who have become the biggest basket case of the NRL. But against us they will compete, they will complete and they will play good footy.

We make no excuses. We have great forwards and great backs plus the best player in the game.

A big adjustment in our attitude should have us winning the 2 points tonight. It’s time to get back on track.

GO ROOSTERS!

(If anyone needs tickets let me know, free of course to my Chookpen friends)
    Last edited by Thirteen; 05-29-2021, 09:24 AM.

go roosters, no confidence after last weekend. but hope tgey win well.

Comment

Papa missing is a big plus, as he usually does us a fair bit of damage. I’m still not very confident after last week, plus we are always crap at Gosford. Time will tell.

Go Easts!!

Comment

I don’t think we do it enough but I would be happy with a really conservative game plan. 5 hit ups and kick to the corners. I still think you can win on defense even with the new touch football rules

Comment

Originally posted by RoosterBooster View Post
          I don’t think we do it enough but I would be happy with a really conservative game plan. 5 hit ups and kick to the corners. I still think you can win on defense even with the new touch football rules
          Screw that. I’m not traveling all that way to watch robotic football. It’s bad enough we don’t get to see Radley.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
            Papa missing is a big plus, as he usually does us a fair bit of damage. I’m still not very confident after last week, plus we are always crap at Gosford. Time will tell.

Go Easts!!
            Canberra have lost their last 6 at Gosford.

Comment

Its very rarely we lose 2 regular season games in a row so I'm expecting to win. Both teams understrength but still have to overcome the Gosford curse.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Screw that. I’m not traveling all that way to watch robotic football. It’s bad enough we don’t get to see Radley.
                they should get rads doing tackling practice as the half time entertainment.

imp game for us - we need the 2 pts. players coming back after the bye and we want to set the season up so we do as well as possible

Comment

Wackos Wispers in the Telegraph reporting that the Roosters are considering resting Sam Walker. He’s still struggling with shoulder and ankle injuries and the 3 weeks rest might see him fit for round 14. Joey Manu to 5/8 and Sualli into the centres. We shall see at 6:30 late mail tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post

Go Easts!!
                    Agreed made.

Papalii and Nickel-Clocks-Dad are big losses that will level things out. There can be no excuses about injuries/suspensions from our end. Brisbane proved that any team can beat us if we fark around. So don't... let's get the job done instead!

Comment

Ahh, tonight’s game is a casual 8 minute bus ride from Casa Del Reck ...don’t get to many games ( various health things ) BUT a we’re gonna be there tonight ,
                      CMON YOU CHOOKIES

Comment

Simple , play better than last week or we are stuffed ,go the Roosters
                        Last edited by Rooster1908; 05-29-2021, 03:32 PM.

Comment

I believe the magical numbers are 50% possession and 80% completions.

Whenever we hit those numbers, we are unbeatable whoever we put on the park.

Comment

Any restaurant suggestions nearby the ground?

The club’s menu is pretty limited.

Comment

My suggestion to anyone attending is that you better rug up because it will probably be very cold as I found last time the Roosters played Raiders on the CC in 2005.
                              "Believe in yourself, especially when no one else will."

Sasquatch

Comment

Working...
                              X