No announcement yet.

Offical Match Day Thread: Roosters v Raiders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am worried about the strength of our bench compared to theirs.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Suede Schubert View Post
      My suggestion to anyone attending is that you better rug up because it will probably be very cold as I found last time the Roosters played Raiders on the CC in 2005.
      There won’t be any correlation between the temperature when comparing last time we played The Raiders at Gosford compared to this time.

Meant to be around 12 degrees at game time so I think with a jacket we will be okay.
      Last edited by Thirteen; 05-29-2021, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
        You should be. It’s piss weak.

Big minutes from all the starting forwards tonight. It’s ok they have 14 days to recover.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

There won’t be any correlation between temperature when comparing last time we played The Raiders at Gosford compared to tonight’s temperature.

Meant to be around 12 degrees at game time so I think with a jacket we will be okay.
          all you need is the warmth from the roosters jumper
          1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post

all you need is the warmth from the roosters jumper
            My Roosters jumper didn't make me any warmer last Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by dice View Post
              on paper they've got a good bench but i'm excited to see how our guys go. there's a bit of potential there

Comment

Cold night at Gosford, no Rads or Crichton, the crazy crackdown....don't think its gonna be pretty.

But..we need to find a way to win. The guys have got to play their normal footy, hard and fast, uncompromising. Regardless of feeling gun shy after last weeks shithouse officiating. Hope Robbos got the heads right.

If our forwards get on top, we should have enough ammo in the backs.

If Walker plays, I'd like to see Lammy back himself and run more. At the moment he is being too respectful and sticking to script. Risk a blue its ok, look at young Sam.

Wighton needs attention and numbers on him, not left to the individual halves. Big size differential.

If Fletch and Tapuha both get a run I'm looking forward to watching them off the bench. Warming to their tasks nicely with the Bears.

2 comp points and no more injuries will suffice tonight.
                Last edited by Jacks Fur Coat; 05-29-2021, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

My Roosters jumper didn't make me any warmer last Saturday night.
                  Mine needs a nee zipper coz it broke in the wash

However, our house was a nice 25'C throughout the game as we've got a decent hydronic heating setup (perfect for Canberra winters). It (and a stiff night cap) kept me pretty warm.

TBH the loss didn't hurt me THAT much coz the dude across the road (who just recovered from cancer + lost his mum last year) is a Drongos fan. He was also blocked off from seeing his kids/family in Brisbane for most of last year. We used to trash talk each other and play games but it felt like a bit of a low blow constantly telling a dude who's withering away with the big C 'hahahha suck shyte... we schooled you guys 50-0!!! Drongos are a joke!!!' Obviously this is just a personal situation, but I was sorta happy to see him FINALLY get a win in life... if was sorta heartwarming seeing him the next day and hearing him heckle me about how Easts s*ck.

Comment

I hope they win mainly for Thirteen & his boys for travelling up there in the freezing cold. Sorry Im not gonna be there Thirteen I'll be watching at my mates house in the Junction who has central heating.
                    Go the CHOOKS.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Mine needs a nee zipper coz it broke in the wash

However, our house was a nice 25'C throughout the game as we've got a decent hydronic heating setup (perfect for Canberra winters). It (and a stiff night cap) kept me pretty warm.

TBH the loss didn't hurt me THAT much coz the dude across the road (who just recovered from cancer + lost his mum last year) is a Drongos fan. He was also blocked off from seeing his kids/family in Brisbane for most of last year. We used to trash talk each other and play games but it felt like a bit of a low blow constantly telling a dude who's withering away with the big C 'hahahha suck shyte... we schooled you guys 50-0!!! Drongos are a joke!!!' Obviously this is just a personal situation, but I was sorta happy to see him FINALLY get a win in life... if was sorta heartwarming seeing him the next day and hearing him heckle me about how Easts s*ck.
                      I get it. My sister is a Broncos fan and she just found out she has breast cancer. So both my sisters have it now. Puts a lot into perspective.
                      "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                      Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Great to see Baker back in the side. I like the look of him, from what I have so far seen. Easts will win! I have never ever thought the opposite before any game. Embrace the cold. Lucky that they are not playing in my paddocks. Ice is still covering the grass, as I write. Below sub zero by the time they play, Snow flurries predicted. I'll be thinking of you all when you are out in the cold at Gosford, as I watch the match next to my roaring fire, Hennessey VSOP (rocks) to enjoy our victory. Go Easts!

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

I get it. My sister is a Broncos fan and she just found out she has breast cancer. So both my sisters have it now. Puts a lot into perspective.
                          Sorry to hear... all the best for what lies ahead (hope she makes the fullest recovery and is with us for many more years to come).

Comment

Originally posted by MCMLXVI View Post
                            Great to see Baker back in the side. I like the look of him, from what I have so far seen. Easts will win! I have never ever thought the opposite before any game. Embrace the cold. Lucky that they are not playing in my paddocks. Ice is still covering the grass, as I write. Below sub zero by the time they play, Snow flurries predicted. I'll be thinking of you all when you are out in the cold at Gosford, as I watch the match next to my roaring fire, Hennessey VSOP (rocks) to enjoy our victory. Go Easts!
                            With his natural size, I have the feeling he could be another Collins if he keeps at it.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

With his natural size, I have the feeling he could be another Collins if he keeps at it.
                              I wish. I saw him as more of a Manu type though. He shows speed and looks as though he could step. Either way, I reckon he is a future starter for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                                I hope they win mainly for Thirteen & his boys for travelling up there in the freezing cold. Sorry Im not gonna be there Thirteen I'll be watching at my mates house in the Junction who has central heating.
                                Go the CHOOKS.
                                Thanks Mate. I hope you enjoy the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X