No announcement yet.

Troops arriving back from injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no problems with Hutch being in the side as people may forget he was a highly talented junior player making the top level juniors side - NSW Under 20's / Junior Kangaroos- Captaining some of these teams and in teams of the year as a half/ 5-8

Of course the ACL injury is the curse of many a footballer - some come back like nothing has happened/ some are not the same again and some vanish never to be seen again.

Being first in line for the halfback role at the Dragons then suffering the ACL obviously had a dramatic affect on him and going to the UK superleague was probably not what he wanted to do but to resurrect his career it was probably the best thing at the time.

He has worked hard to get back into the NRL and he should be respected on that basis notwithstanding being a Chooks player

Not a bad Junior Kangaroos side he was the 5/8 for either - 2nd link down

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/09/...ome-to-an-end/

https://www.nrl.com/news/2014/10/10/...de-to-face-nz/

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
      I have no problems with Hutch being in the side as people may forget he was a highly talented junior player making the top level juniors side - NSW Under 20's / Junior Kangaroos- Captaining some of these teams and in teams of the year as a half/ 5-8

Of course the ACL injury is the curse of many a footballer - some come back like nothing has happened/ some are not the same again and some vanish never to be seen again.

Being first in line for the halfback role at the Dragons then suffering the ACL obviously had a dramatic affect on him and going to the UK superleague was probably not what he wanted to do but to resurrect his career it was probably the best thing at the time.

He has worked hard to get back into the NRL and he should be respected on that basis notwithstanding being a Chooks player

Funny Hutch at 5/8 and Munster on the bench. Just shows you Junior footy gives minimal indication of how things will turn out in the long run.

For mine Keighan comes in purely to kick goals. It was a shambles on the weekend and will cost us dearly at stages

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyCoastChook View Post

Funny Hutch at 5/8 and Munster on the bench. Just shows you Junior footy gives minimal indication of how things will turn out in the long run.

For mine Keighan comes in purely to kick goals. It was a shambles on the weekend and will cost us dearly at stages
        We kicked 4 out of 5 and that was a shambles? One was a shamble, the other 4 were shambleless.

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post

We kicked 4 out of 5 and that was a shambles? One was a shamble, the other 4 were shambleless.
          I think the issue is when SST isn’t on the field, hutch and teddy cannot be relied on.

interesting that walker wasn’t first choice after SST?

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

I think the issue is when SST isn’t on the field, hutch and teddy cannot be relied on.

I think Walker will be the alternate kicker once it all settles down a bit. no need putting more pressure onto him just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyCoastChook View Post

100%.

Half of those guys have turned to poo.
              Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

I forgot about the Hutch miss.
                I can see Walker being our number 1 eventually. I don't see goal kicking as an issue apart from more injuries. SST and Walker will kick going forward imo. Once Keighran comes back we will have three good kickers in the 17.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post

100%.

Half of those guys have turned to poo.
                  mmm at least 11 are regular NRL players - only one in Brett Greinke hasn't played NRL- Some wasted the chance such as Willis Meehan

1. Clint Gutherson (Sea Eagles)
                  2. Valentine Holmes (Sharks)
                  3. Brett Greinke (Broncos)
                  4. Euan Aitken (Dragons)
                  5. Jake Mamo (Knights)
                  6. Drew Hutchison (Dragons)
                  7. Ryan Matterson (Eels)

8. Matthew Lodge (Tigers)
                  9. Cameron McInnes (Rabbitohs)
                  10. Joe Ofahengaue (Broncos)
                  11. Patrick Mago (Raiders)
                  12. Tevita Pangai (Raiders)
                  13. Kelepi Tanginoa (Eels)
                  Interchange:
                  14. Jack Bird (Dragons)
                  15. Willis Meehan (Roosters)
                  16. Cameron Munster (Storm)
                  17. Andy Saunders (Panthers)
                  18. Jackson Hastings (Roosters)
                  Last edited by King Salvo; 04-07-2021, 07:35 PM.

Comment

mmm at least 11 are regular NRL players - only one in Brett Greinke hasn't played NRL- Some wasted the chance such as Willis Meehan

4. Euan Aitken (Dragons)
                    5. Jake Mamo (Knights)
                    7. Ryan Matterson (Eels)

Interchange:
                    14. Jack Bird (Dragons)
                    Is a Hutch/Matto Halves pairing the biggest in history?

Comment

4. Euan Aitken (Dragons)
                      5. Jake Mamo (Knights)
                      7. Ryan Matterson (Eels)

Interchange:
                      14. Jack Bird (Dragons)
                      Fair call.

Only one I'd take though would be Munster and maybe Gutho / Holmes.
                      Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

Thanks for posting this lonk King Salvo, I didn't know this about Hutch and didn't realise he has come back from such a horrible injury.

Comment

Soon as Adam Keighran returns from injury in 3+ weeks, I believe Hutchinson will still partner Walker in the Halves with Keighran playing a utility role off the bench just to ease back in and as soon as Lam returns then it'll be most-likely Hutchinson vs Keighran for the utility role whilst Lam gets another shot in the halves for a few more weeks. If Lam doesn't cut it then it'll be down to Adam Keighran or Drew Hutchinson to take the 5/8 role with either of them facing off with Lam for the bench utility role.

I believe that Adam Keighran may be more valuable for us in the long-run due to him being a bit more versatile (can play in the backs, halves or at hooker), quicker regarding speed and a better kicker in comparison to Hutch. It's obvious that out of these four (Walker, Lam, Hutch and Adam Keighran) ... Robbo will pick the combination that is best for the team in regards to attack, defence, creativity and tolerance under pressure. One of these players will fall out of the starting side, two will become the halves most-likley and one will become a bench utility player. Don't forget that Manu may turn these 4 player options on its head if he gets a crack at 5/8 and carves up !

Adam Keighran was brought in to the side specifically to be a "utility option" and prior to his injury he was training very well and was held in high regards. I just can't see him getting left out of the starting side.
                          Last edited by DP1990; 04-06-2021, 09:28 PM.

Comment

To me, Hutchinson is a confidence player and he’s just finding it now. It would be tough to play as a replacement for a premiership heavyweight like the Roosters.
                            His playmaking ability and general play kicking game will keep him in the side for the time being.
                            ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by DP1990 View Post
                              Soon as Adam Keighran returns from injury in 3+ weeks, I believe Hutchinson will still partner Walker in the Halves with Keighran playing a utility role off the bench just to ease back in and as soon as Lam returns then it'll be most-likely Hutchinson vs Keighran for the utility role whilst Lam gets another shot in the halves for a few more weeks. If Lam doesn't cut it then it'll be down to Adam Keighran or Drew Hutchinson to take the 5/8 role with the either facing off with Lam for the bench utility role.

I believe that Adam Keighran may be more valuable for us in the long-run due to him being a bit more versatile (can play in the backs, halves or at hooker), quicker regarding speed and a better kicker in comparison to Hutch. It's obvious that out of these four (Walker, Lam, Hutch and Adam Keighran) ... Robbo will pick the combination that is best for the team in regards to attack, defence, creativity and tolerance under pressure. One of these players will fall out of the starting side, two will become the halves most-likley and one will become a bench utility player. Don't forget that Manu may turn these 4 player options on its head if he gets a crack at 5/8 and carves up !

Adam Keighran was brought in to the side specifically to be a "utility option" and prior to his injury he was training very well and was held in high regards. I just can't see him getting left out of the starting side.
                              sounds about right.
                              the other thing is that it will be hard to find a place for verrills and lussick in the same 17

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

sounds about right.
                                the other thing is that it will be hard to find a place for verrills and lussick in the same 17
                                I think Sam Verrills will return off the bench to ease back in for a game or two. He'll take over as primary/starting hooker with the utility/back-up option to fall to someone else (as I've stated above in a previous post). I think Lussick will eventually fall out of the side and head back to Norths.

Lussick did struggle a few times against the Warriors so he may head back down and play a few games with the Bears to get more experience and refine his skills. Ben Marschke may get bit more of a run now instead of Lussick to give Robbo an idea in these early rounds as to what will work best as a cover option later on in the year or if Verrills becomes unavailable again. I just don't think Robbo is completely sold and comfortable with Lussick to play Hooker for much longer. Verrills is very important for us as he will add more stability to our spine and give us more of a sharper look and feel in our attack.
                                Last edited by DP1990; 04-06-2021, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X