• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offical Match Day Thread: Roosters v Warriors

"They can't win without Keary".

"They go from a top 4 side to a fringe 8 team."

"The Roosters are gone."

These were some of the ridiculous comments in the media during the week.

Well I say it's a load of rubbish! We aren't a one man team. We have superstars all over the park.

Tonight we change the sentiment amongst those idiotic commentators.

We will adapt to the style of the new players coming into the side. We will reign superior this season and we will give this competition one hell of a shake.

Sam Walker is in earlier than expected. He's been earmarked as an elite player for two years. Let's get behind him.

Keary who I say (no disrespect of course)! But it's time to move on.

Raaaaaaaadley! Raaaaaaaadley!! SMASH 'EM!

GO ROOSTERS!
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-04-2021, 08:34 AM.

Big weekend for a new young gun. Hope young Sam smashes it and Rads has a blinder on return . Joey to the halves will be a test but we should still win in a close one Roosters by 8

Comment

Happy Easter everyone! Best of luck to Walker and Marschke (if he debuts) and go the Roosters. Easts by 6 in a thriller.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
        "They can't win without Keary".

"They go from a top 4 side to a fringe 8 team."

"The Roosters are gone."

These were some of the ridiculous comments in the media during the week.

Well I say it's a load of rubbish! We aren't a one man team. We have superstars all over the park.

Tonight we change the sentiment amongst those idiotic commentators.

We will adapt to the style of the new players coming into the side. We will reign superior this season and we will give this competition one hell of a shake.

Sam Walker is in earlier than expected. He's been earmarked as an elite player for two years. Let's get behind him.

Keary who I say (no disrespect of course)! But it's time to move on.

Raaaaaaaadley! Raaaaaaaadley!! SMASH 'EM!

GO ROOSTERS!
        Keary should be our 5/8...when he returns.
        Radley should be concentrating on making effective tackles.
        First thing we have to do is stop trying to play razzle dazzle footy all the time., dropping the ball, and missing tackles.
        Play like the Panthers we can win.
        Last edited by bondi.boy; 04-04-2021, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Keary should be our 5/8...when he returns.
          Radley should be concentrating on making effective tackles.
          First thing we have to do is stop trying to play razzle dazzle footy all the time., dropping the ball, and missing tackles.
          Play like the Panthers we can win.
          I’d rather we play like The Roosters. The Panthers win nothing.

Comment

good luck to the boys. hope they get the 2pts

Comment

The one thing I want is the boys around Walker to rise to the occasion. This is when we need our forwards to dominate. It will make walkers transition so much easier.

Comment

Today feels like such a pivotal moment in not just the outcome of this season but what we will represent as a side moving forward over the next few years.

Has the back to back premierships stripped a bit of that hunger away and are we a little bit soft under the belly or will this side step up and show the character to grit this game out when their backs are so firmly up against the wall and everyone is writing them off. It’s easy to get excited about some of the individuals playing in today’s game but I want to see something from the team as a collective to give me hope that the hunger and desire is there not just to finish off this season but to build into the next few years.

No excuses today to be off your game, the motivation and desperation is clear. Do the club proud.

Comment

yeah, hard to say our future depends on today's result/effort but with half our spine gone and the 5/8 position not settled, a good performance today will make a statement

Comment

Happy Easter everybunny!

Here's to a better show today back on home turf. Thirteen is right about people writing us off, although some did before a ball was kicked in anger. Just makes proving the doubters wrong even sweeter.

Excited for young Walkers debut, sooner than planned but he's ready to rock n roll.

The Warriors are a serious test, but what would I know? Thought Tiges would be tough and we flogged em. Thought we might flog Souths, and they got us easy. So hopefully wrong again and we have a big day out.

Go Easts.

Comment

ill take a 1 point win today ...tough game ...all the best to young walker, cant wait to see him play.

Comment

Happy Easter to you all. I love Easter Eggs from cadbury & Ive got 40 to get through.

Not going to give a prediction but I just hope the Chooks win this arvo.
                        If they can win by 7 we will be in 3rd place if we lose 7th spot. Go the Roosters.

Comment

The result won't define the season though which ever way it goes - All the players have to do is to play to their ability as individuals and as a team and that should be all that is expected from them .

Don't need to play like someone else or think they have to do it all themselves. No I in team as they say.

Comment

There’s been a lot of articles around lately about SW and they paint him as not only a great talent but a highly intelligent individual for someone so young.
                            I just hope it translates on the footy field.
                            I also hope he doesn’t get bashed on here after one game if he doesn’t play to his potential.
                            I personally am super excited to watch him run around.
                            chooks by 8

Comment

Remember in 2018 a few supporters on here wrote us off after our Anzac Day clash. That is two months in and Cronk still hadn't gelled with the side. In other words, don't read too much into tonight's performance, or the next few weeks for that matter. It could take as late as post-SOO after Verrills and our SOO players have played a few games together.

I am not saying we are going to lose. Just saying that you won't see the best of us until much later in the year.
                              Last edited by dice; 04-04-2021, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X