Benji wants to be a Rooster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zac View Post
    it's funny - a decade ago he was one of the best players in the world. then he lost confidence or something and has been a mixed bag ever since.

the biggest hurdle for us winning the comp next year is the absence of a premiership winning half to complement keary. i don't know if benji has another premiership winning season in him but he could go alright.
    He would be good for the club, play 1 or 2 years win us a comp and make him a life member.

I think Benji believed his own publicity at the Tigers. "If you don't pay me the money I will leave and go to Union"
    He has matured as a player and yeah he is definitely a confidence payer. Seen him do some magical things and seen him throw passes to the crowd.

Make it 100k Benji and you got a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61 View Post
      I'm a fan, we need experience on the right side more than anything else and he has the knowledge. Keary is pretty much a one man band, stop him and you stop much of the attack as we saw. Benji's certainly not the Cronkster in D but who is? Young dynamic Halves are a rarity and the 'Riff have the pick of the best younguns atm, we seem to be trying to pick a winner and Trent's acumen notwithstanding, we didn't find one in Flanno. Is Foran spoken for in 2021?
      Back at manly.

Comment

very decent price, I'd say sign him

Comment

I'm a fan, we need experience on the right side more than anything else and he has the knowledge. Keary is pretty much a one man band, stop him and you stop much of the attack as we saw. Benji's certainly not the Cronkster in D but who is? Young dynamic Halves are a rarity and the 'Riff have the pick of the best younguns atm, we seem to be trying to pick a winner and Trent's acumen notwithstanding, we didn't find one in Flanno. Is Foran spoken for in 2021?
          Well done for finally making a contribution about footy on the forum. I never though you even watched or liked footy.
          Last edited by Thirteen; 11-29-2020, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Turnstile in D.. I say pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelvin Johnson View Post

He would be good for the club, play 1 or 2 years win us a comp and make him a life member.

I think Benji believed his own publicity at the Tigers. "If you don't pay me the money I will leave and go to Union"
              He has matured as a player and yeah he is definitely a confidence payer. Seen him do some magical things and seen him throw passes to the crowd.

Make it 100k Benji and you got a deal.

I think it had to do with third party payments that were agreed to that were not paid to him? Always at arms length apparently from the club but we know they are linked!

Comment

To me it'd be a bit like an NBA team offering The Professor a contract. Fun to watch as he's got decent skills and tricks but he's getting on and he's in his element when he's playing ad-lib rather than tied to structure. This is awesome when you're playing street sports for YouTube and stuff, but won't win you a premiership.

IMO it's a pity Bunji chased $$$ with Yawnion because he wasn't very good at it and hasn't been the same since.

Be kinda cool if the NRL had a Harlem Globetrotters equivalent. IMO it'd be fun watching some smaller guys with mad skills chucking the ball around ad-lib.
                Last edited by ism22; 11-29-2020, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Well done for finally making a contribution about footy on the forum.
                  haha I was surprised as well.

I think benji, may be worth considering at that price, he defence is a worry but he can still create points.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                    To me it'd be a bit like an NBA team offering The Professor a contract. Fun to watch as he's got decent skills and tricks but he's getting on and he's in his element when he's playing ad-lib rather than tied to structure. This is awesome when you're playing street sports for YouTube and stuff, but won't win you a premiership.

IMO it's a pity Bunji chased $$$ with Yawnion because he wasn't very good at it and hasn't been the same since.

Be kinda cool if the NRL had a Harlem Globetrotters equivalent. IMO it'd be fun watching some smaller guys with mad skills chucking the ball around ad-lib.
                    Rather see the big boys smash the small guys , defence defence defence. .Did I mention I love defence

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post

Rather see the big boys smash the small guys , defence defence defence. .Did I mention I love defence
                      Jack did too. If they couldn’t stop em, he'd drop em.

But I can see a change in how the game will be played if this years trend continues. High scoring games, more emphasis on attack and fast pace games rewarding speed and quickness.

Comment

why do you keep saying “we” in your posts?

FVCK CANCER

Comment

We need another PROP, more than we need an aging half.

Comment

Many moons ago when there was unlimited interchange, I remember both Cliff Lyons and Phil Blake being brought on for stints during games. They were game breakers in their day, like Benji, but with the limited interchange, as was proven with old man Sonny, the days of carrying strike weapons on the bench is long gone.

The Roosters need a goal kicker and a half...like the one they just let go.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Jack did too. If they couldn’t stop em, he'd drop em.

But I can see a change in how the game will be played if this years trend continues. High scoring games, more emphasis on attack and fast pace games rewarding speed and quickness.
                              Yep unfortunately for we older veterans of the game that grew up with the old school forwards and the just bash em in the first 20 things are changing, still love the game but love it more when you get the odd game that's defence dominated

Comment

My first reaction to the prospect was a firm no however, after some time to reflect, the idea is warming a little bit. It would have to be at the right price. I think $150,000 is reasonable, $175,000 at the absolute most. Yes, we need to focus on other players, but they will come at a much higher price tag than this. He will bring something in attack, and is a good role model for the younger players. If it is for one year, perhaps, I think it could be a goer. Two years is a stretch.
                                MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                                is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                                with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                                much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Working...
                                X